Dulwich Hamlet

Hope I'm not getting carried away, but, is the ground up to Conference standards?

It needs to be Grade B: for clubs at level 6 (Conference North/South divisions)

I can see a few problems in the attached (http://www.thepyramid.info/misc/ground.htm).

The number of entrances needs to be 6 - we don't havbe that do we, and the toilet rules seem problematic.

Anybody in the know?

Jon

It was an amazing ground wasn't it.

Back in the 70s/early 80s I followed my home town team Wycombe and came to Champion Hill quite a few times.

I have very fond memories of Wycombe winning the league with a victory at Dulwich, followed by a fly past by Concorde.

Would now consider myself a Dulwich fan though and would love to see another promotion to Conference.

How bad is this jeopardy?

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> When I used to go there as a kid it was the

> biggest amateur ground in the country with a gate

> that could hold over 20,000. It was a bloody shame

> when they knocked the old stadium down. Damn you

> Sainsburys.

Also remember back in the day that they had some of the best floodlights in London. Vaguely seem to recall that a profession club in London wanted to buy them, going the whole hog, dismantling ,transporting etc etc.

With much conjecture regarding the future the Football Committee would like to invite all interested parties to a meeting on 22nd February.

In recent days there has been much comment regarding both the club's financial position and the future of the stadium.

The meeting will take place following the home game against East Thurrock Utd and bring everybody up to date with the current information available about the club's position and proposals to secure its long term future.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/news/public-meeting-regarding-the-clubs-future--22nd-february-515-pm-1155865.html

No news on tomorrow nights game yet but, personally, can't see it going ahead