Dulwich Hamlet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm going to the CP match too. That's a threesome ;-).

Anyway, whilst here, the first home match of the season is now set for tomorrow (16th July).

This is a pre-season friendly against Erith Town (apparently Erith Town's pitch needs re-seeding - or something). KO at 3pm.

However, I understand, that the game is "weather-permitting". If it absolutely buckets it down, then play will probably not take place. And, I have to say, having seen the pitch today, I can't say I blame them: the pitch looked absolutely beautiful. Emerald green and immaculate.

The Crystal Palace match starts soon: KO 19.45.

Should be more entertaining than the first match of the season: I'd seen more action in a bowl of cereal (sorry DH). As for the Palace supporter/forumite who is going to this...you are NOT sitting with us LOL! Be prepared to be lobbed with all sorts (you know who you are)! ;-)

• 5 weeks later...
It would be nice if the fans would keep us loungers updated here. I've checked todays results and The Hamlet have won 1-0 away from home and now have 9 points out of 9. They are level at the top with three other teams on the same number of points. I believe they have a home game on Monday. Perhaps the real fans might update this thread as there could be a load of gloryhunters like me who might start going to watch them if they are doing well. You don't have to like us but the extra income might help the club.

Sorry about that, Mr. Medic. There appeared to be a dwindling of interest, and I didn't want to bump the thread if that was the case.

But you are right. I have been to every home game this season and DH have performed VERY, VERY, well. Even beating the likes of Palace!! THAT was a match (4 - 3 to DH). We actually went with a Palace supporter...poor sod...he took our relentless teasing well though - not that he had a choice BWAHAHAHAHAHA.......

Anyway, as I am here, the next home game is: on Monday 29th August against Corinthian Casuals. 15.00 KO.

Looking forward to seeing you there Doc!

Alan Medic Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>Are you still knitting scarfs?

I am.

> How much

> are you selling them for if so?

I only knit for friends/family and don't charge. They are not to a professional standard: think rustic! If it's for your son, I'll knit him one with pleasure. However, he'll have to wait a little as I am in the process of making a DH one for someone else, upon completion of which Stoke City, Leeds United, Liverpool and the Italy National Football Team are next (in that order)! Would you like to go on the waiting list? If, on the other hand, it's for you - then that will be ?1,299.67 please :)) (+ VAT).

Ms.Muck, how long is that scarf? I may have to go for a shorter one. BTW are you VAT registered? If you need any help with the colours required for the other scarfs let me know. Your Liverpool friend would like one in a royal blue. If it's possible to integrate the number 18 into it, they would like that too (number of league titles they have won).

Alan Medic Wrote:

> Your Liverpool

> friend would like one in a royal blue. If it's

> possible to integrate the number 18 into it, they

> would like that too...

Actually, I think 19, in royal blue (of course) might be even better!

You do make me laugh Doc!(tu)

For those who care...

Fabulous play from Hamlet. They seem to be going from strength to strength. Got a really good team together now. Am liking the new goalie too.

Score today: Dulwich Hamlet 3; Corinthian Casuals 0.

Goals scored by: Sawyer, Lawson and Bowen.

(not quite the 8 - 2 of yesterday;-), but still a good result!).

Just one thing. Anyone know why Duku and Morath-Gibbs weren't playing today?

Oh dear! Have you really asked him why he didn't play? (Actually, thinking about it, I can imagine you doing just that!).

I'm not on Twitter, but if you could keep me up to speed with any gossip news I would be grateful LOL!

Can't imagine what the score might have been had Francis and Kalvin played today. Both really solid players. (I noticed Duku was on the bench).

There appeared to be a serious injury today: possibly a broken arm or dislocated shoulder - within the first few minutes of the game too. Hope the player (CCs) recovers quickly.

Alan Medic Wrote:

> Oh dear Laddy. I have to say your knowledge of the

> team you follow is a bit girlie to say the least!

> Is it the pink in the strip that you go for?

teen... juicy, strawberry, pink

PMS

They've got to stay injury free. Duku was lost last season two thirds in (with no-one to replace him really) when he went to play for Kingstonian I think. The real problem with DH was the incohesive midfield. Always slow to start and just not creative or incisive enough. When they picked up the pace they got forward but against better teams, fitness is everything. Saw too many games lost in the final quarter, from sloppy and tired loss of posession in the midfield.

For all his strength at centre back, Duku on his own won't be enough further on into the season when the better teams are match fit and more organised. I haven't seen a DH game yet this season (too busy) to check out the new additions. Will make the upcoming home games finally. Hamlets have got pace in width...they need to use that and swich play more effectively when they run into heavy zonal defence (zonal defending being what a lot of teams at this level seem to prefer). Hopefully this season they can do that.

Alan Medic Wrote:

> Kalvin replied Laddy. He picked up a knock on

> Saturday.

That explains it! Can't blame him for going out on the piss then: injured and they won at Sittingbourne 1 - 0! May he recover quickly - I missed him on the pitch today.

Thanks for that Doc.