> half an hour!

> But you get what you want, don't you? Loook at

> you, look at Louisa, ooh, look at what Louisa

> said... If you're always so in need of an audience

> why don't you get out of your house and on to your

> soapbox? That way you can say what you think

> directly to the people you're seemingly and

> continually so appalled by, straight to their

> faces, see what kind of an audience you get then.

I thought the purpose of a forum was to air your opinion about local 'stuff', spread some words of wisdom. Educate people. Forgive me here, but I have an opinion you and others disagree with, so we discuss it. Isn't that my right? You may not agree with me, but you have no right to tell me not to have that opinion.

The 'local economy', as you put it, contains various long standing businesses, the vast majority of whom do not even make trendy newspaper articles about the next hip area of London to live in. By all means buy your cheese whenever you like, but seriously, standing outside and queueing for it on such an obviously busy day of the year as Christmas Eve is about as decadent in its unashamed indiscreet nature, as one could possibly get!

Unlike some of the sheep on here who have agreeable opinions on everything, like minded to the extreme, I choose to have my own opinions. Why does this bother you so? I think people nowadays are too quick to not express an opinion in case it hits home, which let's face it, on here it does. SOME of those offended by my 'look at me' observations are in fact guilty of this behaviour themselves, hence the disproportionate level of offence taken. Anyway, happy new year to everyone.

Louisa.

Lou

You've become a sad parody of yourself

People are offended because you're offensive

Whichever version of 'how you see it' you post, it's the same boring 'me clever/you stupid' stuff.

And you ask 'why does it bother you so?' I wonder why you don't ask yourself the same question.

Leave people alone, they work hard, let them be.

Seabag,

How can someone possibly be offended at an observation about buying cheese? Surely only those who partake in said activity could possibly be the ones offended. Lots of people insinuate I'm a lonely alcoholic, now that's offensive, but I don't choose to take offence because I know it's not true! People only take offence when the cap fits. It's not about me being right and them being wrong, it's about my observation of what I believe to be a peculiar activity. As I said, buy your cheese whenever and wherever you like, none of my business! But others have on this thread already agreed with my observation so it can't be entirely unjustified? I let people be, they just choose to take offence when I'm not even talking about them? Bizarre.

Louisa.

You know and I know and everyone else knows what you're digging at people about. It's your same old 'me clever/them stupid'. It's boring class wars in some tedious trope of endless digging and undermining of what you perceive as the fight against something you don't like or get.

It's got boring, but you keep at it, because you get off on it.

Clap clap, sad, bravo.

Next?

Louisa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

As I said, buy your

> cheese whenever and wherever you like, none of my

> business!

So if it's none of your business, why do you spend so much of your time slagging off people who don't shop/behave the way you claim to?

It's boring, tedious and offensive.

Why don't you find some other forum to voice your views, and give us all a rest?

ETA: And who else on the thread has agreed with you, apart from the person who seems to agree with you on everything?

• 4 months later...

KalamityKate Wrote:

> Yes Lordship Lane Carpets are very rude and surly.

> They slammed the phone down on me yesterday -

> very, very poor attitude to potential customers.

> Avoid, avoid!

Don't fall for that - always slam the phone down first :)

Although pressing the end button just isn't the same as slamming an old analogue phone down on its stand :(

I've used the carpet shop twice (once for a single room, the second time for a whole house). One of the guys does have a slightly gruff demeanour, but that doesn't bother me. I thought they were perfectly fine.

KalamityKate Wrote:

> Yes Lordship Lane Carpets are very rude and surly.

> They slammed the phone down on me yesterday -

> very, very poor attitude to potential customers.

> Avoid, avoid!

Have you not had a similar experience in the past?

If so... why go back? ::o

I understand the new cheese shop is to have a moisture / humidity controlled environment, a bit like Neal's Yard Dairy in Borough (but slightly more advanced) which is pretty special.

It will be a unique cheese emporium of some standing, owned and run by a local resident.

What's not to like (unless you're the guy from another cheese shop nearby)

I like cheese!