Winter babies club (due Dec 2011, Jan/Feb 2012)

Hi all

Sorry to miss the meet up last Thursday - I had my phone nicked on the train so was sorting things out. V depressing.

Anyway, re the above posts (i) I would be interested in sleep seminar (ii) I would also be interested in hypnobirthing, but my due date (Christmas Day!) is less than 5 weeks away so sooner rather than later. I actually got in touch with Kirstin a month or so ago but failed to follow through, so it would be great if we could get it organised (iii) I go on maternity leave on Thursday - yay - so if any of you are about during the day, it would be lovely to catch up. I will be accompanied by my son except on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Hopefully catch up with some of you soon and in any event next Thursday.

Lindsay

Hello millymoo and LillyD,

I think we are not too late, my due date is 16th Dec, but my son was early so I think I only have about 2 weeks, so I m quite keen to do the hypnobirthing really soon.

Anyone else interested? If so we could try for next week if Kirstin is available.

Let me know.

Hi Bee,

I'm interested in both the sleep seminar and the hypnobirthing. I actually contacted Kirstin before and I'm waiting for her confirmation on an already scheduled course, but I'd prefer to do this as soon as possible, so will see whether I can transfer to your group instead. I can also help with hosting one (or more) of these, if needed.

Thanks,

Susan

Ok, I got some info from Kirstin and the cheapest option would be this if we have an evening at my place and yes, it would be just a one off a day that suits us and her.

Practical evening:

2.5hrs practical work - ?45 pp, best taken together with online instant download HypnoBirth course (?38.90)

Otherwise, she has dates we could join:

Practical Workshop ? 4hrs daytime, ?89 pp or ?129 per couple/2 friends ? can also be arranged over 3hrs in an evening, same cost

Next dates: Thurs am 1st Dec, Tues pm 6th Dec, Thurs am 15th Dec, Tues 10th Jan, Thurs 19th Jan

Any thoughts? I could do next Tue, Thu or Fri...

Anyone else?

B

Hi guys,

I have just moved to East Dulwich and am due to have my first January 17th. Can I still join this group? Seems like a great way to meet others. Are there any meet ups organised at all? I've just seen the hypnobirthing thing, i am already booked in to do this but am interested in the sleep seminar thing if someone is organising another?

Cathy

Hi All

Sorry I missed the last meeting, I was on the edge of picking up flu so went into hiding. We did hypnobirthing sessions and finished up with them a few weeks ago, so currently getting ready to put it into practice.

Due date is next Friday, so if I'm feeling brave or we haven't already popped I might venture out next Thursday - otherwise I am just sitting around and free for daytime coffee and cake if anyone else is interested in getting out?!

Alix

Hi Bee, thanks for all the effort. We decided to stick with our original course with Kristin. If anyone can't make the course you've arranged next week and is interested in doing the course over 2 evenings in the next couple of weeks, they can join us, so let me know.

Hi all

I've been completely AWOL for various reasons, some fun, some not so fun, but am conscious that weeks are Ticking by and I really must be more sociable and better prepared!!

I will do my best to make next thurs at the Actress, but is anyone up for daytime coffee next week? I have contractors in on Monday so I could provide house and cake (bought!!), or else I'm pretty free for lunch or coffee out somewhere on Thurs day? Any takers then drop me a PM and we can swap numbers and arrange.

Hope you're all well. I've had pelvic problems with this pregnancy so trying to sort myself out with yoga and physio and trying not to worry about labour (even as a second-timer!!).

Enjoying starting to get 'big boys' room and nursery ready though! Starting to feel real now, eh?!

Hope to see you all soon, glad all the classes are going well- parenthood is full-time thing even before baby's arrival, eh?!!

Hannah xx

Welcome new winter baby mums..

Hannah, I've been in lots of pelvic pain this time round... Just discovered arnica tablets though (recommended especially for pregnancy) and it seems to have worked a treat... Much less painful! It's apparently supposed to help with post-natal healing and swelling too so advice is to start taking in last months and during labour too.

All herbal/homeopathic which, usually I am not convinced by but actually working! Can give you dosage etc if interested.

Also bought a tight bump support band and that seems to give some relief too. It's all new to me this pain as first pregnancy was sooo symptom free (apart from the obvious growing tummy!!)

Sara, those crepes sound AMAZING... I'll be up for daytime visits there from 16th Dec for sure!!!

Oh and I'm Striking on Wed 30th Nov.. Is anyone around?? Could meet up again in Gardens for coffees? then take any kiddies to swings? Was such a good taster of maternity leave!

I don't know what's come over me either as not only am I going all herbal but I'm now planning a home birth?? After the thought repulsing me first time around and a really complicated/painful and hideous delivery first time it now seems like the best option...last time I got to 7cm with the use of an amazing TENS machine so I'm hoping by avoiding the transfer to hospital I will continue to labour successfully at home..

Have bought a TENS machine this time to be sure I'm well prepared!!

So this christmas I will be asking santa for tarpaulin, candles and whale music!!

Looking forward to STRIKE on wed otherwise drinks on Thursday night x

MissMack! Homebirth? Whatever next?! You can borrow my birth pool when I'm done with it. And just think of you all cuddling up together afterwards in your own bed, eating delicious food and being surrounded by all your own stuff. Go for it. Have you spoken to Lanes/Brireley/Oakwood etc?

I'm interested in the arnica dose that you're taking - let me know. Also keen to meet up on Weds. Keep me updated.

Speak soon x

MissMack: welcome to the home birthing group! I hope you won't regret it. I am getting the pool down from the loft on Mon to test it out. And then might leave it in the sitting room for the waiting game.

I could meet on Wed but with toddler in tow... is that the plan? Where? We have swim class at 11, so could do a quick coffee/park before.

Also, I just spoke to Kirstin and she could do Tue at 8 pm.

Could I have a final head count.

So far: millymoo, LillyD, Gimme, susanjvr and myself.

Can I confirm this? Is anyone else interested?

If you email me via pm I can send you my address.

Speak soon.

Emma, I might take you up on loan of birth pool... Is that a bit rank? I did hate the pool first time but I don't want options to be limited should I suddenly demand one!!

Arnica tablets are 2x 30c 3xdaily then 200c during labour. (Available from health matters on lordy lane)

Spoken to my midwives at Oakwood and they've assured me that there's no reason a home delivery isn't possible. King's is only a short ride with the blues and twos if needed. Although DO NOT read the article in the papers today about homebirths.. It's not all that reassuring.

So can I suggest, Wed am playdate at Peckham Rye swings then the Gardens cafe for kids lunch/ mum's tea and cake at 11:30amish?

Let me know if this suits anyone. We've no plans yet so totally flexible!

Emma.... 11 days to go!!!!

X

hey ladies,

i'm giving the breastfeeding workshop a go next Weds morning. Technically still not on maternity yet, but could nip out in the afternoon if you're doing coffee at the Gardens cafe!

saw this thread on infant resuscitation and am trying to see if good ol' Norman will do a course for us Winter baby parents - though judging from the posts there have been lots of enquiries and not that much organised: http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?29,679894,page=1

aiming for a date before baby arrives so if I get some possible dates I'll let you know and we'll see who can make it!

x