Winter babies club (due Dec 2011, Jan/Feb 2012)

Hi

FYI I just heard about this site gurgle.com, as my friend's just started working for them. Apparently they're linked to mothercare in some way. Not sure if it's any good, but just in case it's of use, especially for first-timers!

Congrats, Sal, you must be really excited!

I'm planning on trying to go to nicky's play tonight, Dulwich Players, if hubby's home in time to babysit, in case anyone's yhinking of going, maybe see you there. Break a leg, Nicky!

Hannah x

Hannah x

Congrats Sal on adding another baby girl to the list - there certainly seems to be more boys than girls at the mo. We haven't found out the sex of ours, but are convinced it's a boy, even more so given I can feel him kick on opposite sides of my stomach! With a husband who is 6'2", it has to be a boy right!!!

Thanks Hannah for coming to the play last night, it was great to see you there and glad you enjoyed it. If anyone is at a loose end and fancies supporting some local theatre, would love to see you.

Very much looking forward to seeing some of you in Nov when I can start coming to the get togethers again. Jard to believe that mothercourage will only be 4 weeks away from delivering the first Winter babies club baby by then - scary stuff.

See you all soon

Nicky x

Hello All

I have my last day of work on Monday and then that's it feet up and rest... although it won't be there is lots at home to prepare from getting items for the hospital bag ready to painting!

Had our FIFTH scan last night, and baby is growing well, still don't know what we're having but due date is still set at December 2nd!

Anyway as of next week I'd be really up for meeting for coffee and cake during the day if anyone would be up for it, and I can finally get to meet you all!

Alex

Lucky you Alex.. I'm off for half term next week so would love a coffee/ lunch date. Can discuss tonight!!

I'm only going to be able to pop out for an hour from 7 tonight as I was out 'till 11pm last night, which is crazy on a 'school night'!! plus I have a tonne of work to do tonight.

Hoping to catch up with whoever can make it... From 7pm to right of bar at actress!

Anna x

Dear All,

I really don't want to spam your forum but I'm trying to track down Mums-to-be due in the next few month and you all seem to be here... I would be so grateful if you could read my post 'Mums-to-be please read'

All the best,

Anna

Hi All, Congrats everyone on their mid-scans. We had ours last week and all is well with baby and we are having a boy! We are so thrilled! I had hoped to come tonight but am still at work so probably won't make it. See you in a couple weeks (the plan is now the Actress two Thursdays from now, am I right?) I'd also be up for some daytime meets depending on the day, so do let me know if they are happening.

Cheers,

Julia

Hi all,

Lovely seeing those at Actress again this week. Bumps defiantly growing!!!

We spoke briefly about daytime meet up next week. I'll rack my brains but possibly the Electrical Cafe by the gardens or Green and Blues. Then toddlers can have a little play whilst mums have coffee and cake?!?! That way both first time mums and 2nd/3rd timers are welcome.

Any other suggestions welcomed too!!

10:30am on Tues is a good time for us but we're entirely flexible next week.

Let me know... All welcome!

Sal, no experience of excess fluid but I hope everything is ok.. Keep us posted.

Roll on Maternity leave!!

Anna x

yep... maternity leave is still too long away sadly!!

I'm going to be 'working from home' on Wednesday as have got flu jab and antenatal appointment - Electrical Cafe would be ideal!

Think plan has changed to just meet on Thursdays every fortnight - so next one will be 3rd November. We thought it might be helpful to still alternate with The Gowlett though, as it's actually a more convenient location for a few of us!

Hi girls. Hope everyone's enjoying the autumn sunshine. Just saw this message from a sleep consultant who offers one-off seminars (helping to establish good sleeping routines etc) and wondered if anyone would be interested? ?20 each, minimum of 6 people, maximum 20 and we'd need somewhere to hold it.

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?25,773544

What do you reckon?

Hi mothercourage,

I also saw this posting and enquired how long the seminar goes for. Apparently 1.5-2 hrs with Q&A, but apparently it depends on the group and can go longer of there are a lot of questions.

I'm definitely interested. I'm wondering whether the room behind the Gardens cafe opposite Peckham Rye might be an option, but I think they close at 5 or 6 at night, so may only be able to do it during the day which may not suit, dependent on who is interested.

Would be great to get a group together.

N

I wonder whether that seminar would be better for you to do once you've had your babies? With all baby related stuff I found there to be a huge difference between talking about things in theory, and how it actually works out once you actually have a baby to deal with.

For eg. the breastfeeding workshop - all well and good in theory, but a whole different kettle of fish once you've got a screaming baby to attempt to latch on (the dolls at the workshop aren't quite as wriggly!).

I don't think I'd need to come along to this (first 2 babies have both been good sleepers, but I am a routine type person so had them both in routines from very early on) - here's hoping #3 cooperates too!

Hi Mothercourage,

I would be interested in attending. I can only do evenings or weekend as I'm still a way off maternity leave. I like the idea of an overall approach rather than following one particular book such as Gina Ford. I just don't want to put too much pressure on myself following a strict routine whilst I am trying to get my head around having a little baby to care for. I watched a friend of mine send herself crazy following strict routines and she ultimately feels that she didn't enjoy the time with her baby. I think I could easily fall into the same trap so would much rather attend something like this.

Sal

Hello All,

Good to see some of you the other evening. I'd be interested in the sleep workshop too. I totally get your point Pickle about it being a good idea for when baby has actually arrived, but equally think I'd find it useful to have a strategy that I can at least attempt to put into place. Can't say I've even considered the various approaches yet! So would be useful to have an overview of them all.

As for availability I can do evenings/weekends or Wednesday or Friday days. Will have a think about other possible locations.

Caroline x

Hi all,

I had no probs with no 1s sleep as like pickle I got into a good routine from day 1.. I didn't do anything 'groundbreaking' just things like bath, into room, lights dimmed etc...

She was in an amazing routine from 5 weeks but all undone when admitted to hospital at 10 weeks so had to start again!!

I armed myself with as much info as possible before she was born and was able to take the strategies I liked from various 'techniques'.

I am a bit of a geek when it comes to reading all the methods out there but have to admit I have read NOTHING this time....and it seems so long ago since I went through this!!

Let me know details emma... Would probably need reminding on everything!!!

Also we organised a First aid course and held it in back space of Rye Hotel. They were really accommodating and it's a nice quiet area. Also my house is quite big so happy to use my house if more convenient.

Anna x

The Winter Baby Club Spreadsheet (public version)

Hello,

At the last meetup I took down contact details for the small group of us who were there and have combined this with the list on the forum so far. This is the public version without contact details, and I've just added a new column in there for maternity leave start dates.

Rather than have a gazillion new messages on the forum just to populate the sheet, I think we'll just bring it along to each meetup and fill it up as we go along...!

x