Winter babies club (due Dec 2011, Jan/Feb 2012)

Hello

Congrats

I have a couple of options for helping with your sciatica pain. I would get treatment rather than using Pilates as a means of management. You could try one of the gentle osteopaths locally, some of which will also do a home visit if needed (more expensive but a great option if you are really struggling to get around). Or if you up to a little travel go to the OCC

The Osteopathic centre for children is a charitable institution and centre of excellence based in Wandsworth (it recently moved from Clerkenwell) which ensures paediatric osteopathy is available to all pregnant and postpartum women, infants and children up to 18 yrs. Treatment is offered on a donation basis, no patient is turned away due to lack of funds. They can also monitor through the rest of your pregnancy and get your body into the best shape for labour and birth. You will also get the opportunity to meet other women, pregnant and new mums in their lovely clinic. Have a look a their website for more information ; http://www.occ.uk.com/

Just to be completely transparent I work there as a volunteer Osteopath. Please feel free to email me directly if you would like more advice.

PID

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if I could join too... I am due with my second baby January 27th, My little girl will be 3 in May. I'm very excited but a bit scared as we seem to have hit the terrible tantrumming 2s a bit hard so not sure how a little one is going to fit in! We've moved here last year so where I had lots of NCT friends haven't got lots round here in the similar position so would be great to meet up.

Laura x

Welcome to the club Laura! I have a 4-year old who still chucks a mean tantrum and am also wondering how she's going to adjust. As everyone keeps assuring me, it's good for them to no longer be the sole centre of attention. Anyway, time will tell... We can lament together if you're planning on coming to the Gowlett on 27th??

Tomo , I'm also planning a homebirth. I had Brierley last time who were pretty amazing particularly post birth. Just to mix things up a little I've gone with Lanes this time. I'm just thinking about getting my birth pool down from the loft and getting all the paraphernalia together that's needed. Exciting times!

Hope to see most of you on 27th.

Hello everyone

Just back from a fantastic time away and I feel grateful the sun is shining here too, so it's not so traumatic being back.

I have so much to catch up with that I won't have time to read through all the messages of the past 2 and a half weeks, but I am looking forward to catching up at the Gowlett next week. Although I wonder whether a sligtly later start won't be easier for those who have to do bedtime... I wouldn't be able to get there before 8.30!

Anyway, I hope you are all doing fine and enjoying the bumps.

X

As some people have expressed an interested in coming to the classes, I am going start a a new one next week if there are enough people interested.

It would be on Monday at 6.15 in Camberwell, SE5 7RE.

Please let me know if you would like to attend so I can give you a full address.

Namaste.

Hooray, I can come on the 27th, Mr Pickle has once agreed to miss his beloved hockey training. Looking forward to it.

Just wanted to add a cheeky wee plug for my knitting "business" (hobby, turned into a little mumpreneur type enterprise). If any of you are starting to think about clothes for the little ones once they arrive please do take a look at my Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Handcrafted-by-Pippa/139685552763104

I can knit just about anything and have lots of different yarns/patterns available. As it's really just a hobby my prices are very reasonable, with girls booties starting from just ?6.50 and most 0-6 months size cardigans can be made for around ?20.

I'm hoping to continue with this once the baby arrives, but the ideal time to get orders in is between now and Christmas (just in case I end up with a baby who doesn't understand Mummy's need to knit!).

Pippa x

Hi There

I've recently just moved down to East Dulwich, and transferred to Kings College Hospital.

My baby is due 28 November, maybe 4 December and it would be good to meet some other people going through the same thing, this is my first baby.

Please could you add me to the list and let me know if you are doing any meetings etc soon?

Thanks

Hi Moonminfilly,Firstly congratulations! There are lots of first timers in the Winter Babies Club and all of us are local.We've only met once so far and there are quite a few new faces coming to our next meeting.

We are going to meet at 7pm at The Gowlett Pub on September 27th - please do come along.

It serves fantastic pizzas if you want to eat - though just to warn you, I don't think they take cards at the moment, just cash. Hope you can make it.

Bee74 - I am going to keep to the earlier meeting time, just because I personally would keel over if I waited to eat that late! But don't worry if you're late - we all stayed till past 10pm last time we met and a few people came long later and it wasn't a problem.

Pickle - so glad you can make it! And I love your knitting - would urge people to check it out!

Hope everyone is keeping well and enjoying your bumps - will be lovely to catch up with everyone.

Caroline x

Hi all,

Sounds as tho we will have quite a gang next week, and I'm so pleased that my prior engagement has been postponed so I can now come as well - hurrah! Am also thrilled as I had my 22 week scan this morning and all looks well, in fact the sonographer (who was fabulous) said, 'you're far too normal for us, so we won't need to see you until 32 weeks'! Very reassuring indeed! And the staff at Kings were wonderful as usual. Was also lucky enough to get a shot in 4D which was a trip to say the least. The button nose I ordered was definately there!

Hope all goes well for those of you with scans coming up and I look forward to seeing you all next week.

Nic

Hi

Is this an open invite, is it OK to gatecrash?? I'm a second timer, but had my first in Singapore so new to the mum and baby scene in East Dulwich! Is it ok to bring a friend, as I've just met a couple of soon-to-be-mums at Dulwich Therapy Rooms Yoga - or will numbers at the Gowlett just get ridiculous???

Great to see such an active group of mums/near mums!

Hannah

Come along. People's plans often change and so I am sure numbers won't get too out of control. If there's lots and lots of us we might think about having a regular weekly meeting in the future like the current Autumn group does - that way, people can just drop in if they're around, particularly come December when we all start popping! But for now, let's work on the basis of the more the merrier.

I have reserved 16 spaces and will do a proper head count next week to firm up the reservation with the Gowlett.

As a few new people have joined us, I thought I'd update "the list".

Sadly I am also using this chance to make labels for our meeting next Tuesday - no one is obliged to wear them but with so many people (about 35 of us following this thread) thought some people might welcome them! Though I'm equally feeling rather embarrassed about the possible naffness of labels - so I shall leave discretely on the table and we can all decide if they are necessary on the night!

Vixster250 (November)

Mum2besoon M Early Dec

Mothercourage Emma Early Dec (2nd child)

Dragon99 Suzie Early Dec (2nd)

Bee74 Barbara 16th Dec (2nd)

LillyD Lindsay late Dec (2nd)

Moominfilly (28Nov/4th Dec) (1st)

Mooncake 22nd Dec (1st)

Poppyshores H 23rd Dec (1st)

Melanie 4th Jan (1st)

Mrs MC Jan Jan 1st (2nd)

Goldielab Steph Jan 13th (2nd)

gingellico Jan 27th (2nd

Missmack1981 Anna 15th Jan (2nd)

Susan JVR Susan Jan (1st)

Amydown 15th Jan (2nd)

Mikandnik N 23rd Jan (1st)

veryseriousgirl Victoria Late Jan (2nd)

Pickle Pippa 31st Jan (3rd)

JJSP Jane 1st Feb (2nd)

Littlemoo R 2nd Feb (2nd)

Espelli Elli 3rd Feb (1st)

Tomo C 5th Feb (1st)

Guest1 Caroline early Feb (2nd)

Nabz 12th Feb (1st)

Greidy Gem 12th Feb (2nd)

KT4 Kate 13th Feb (1st)

czosnck Di 14th Feb (1st)

BellendenBelle 15th Feb (1st)

MillyMoo Sal 18th Feb (1st)

Jlai Julia 19th Feb (1st)

Pinkhalf 24th Feb (1st)

Clairelouise Claire 25th Feb (3rd)

Midivydale C March

HannahKT (2nd)

If I've missed you off, or got something wrong, let me know and I will edit the list.

And just to say that this list is really the brainchild of Missmack1981!

Wow loads of us now!!

I'm so looking forward to the 27th... After a hectic few weeks back at work full time I need a break!

I've celebrated my 1st full time pay check for over 2 years and then....

Disaster preggo brain strikes.

Put petrol in BF diesel car at a cost of ?200

Then snapped my glasses whilst trying to bend them back into shape.

Bad things happen in 3s right? So looking forward to tomorrow's instalment!

Oh maybe it's the fact we've just painted daughter's new 'big bedroom' with gruffalo scene and she's suddenly developed a phobia of the gruffalo as 'he's coming'! (So holding back on showing her the new room!)

Plus side I'm 24 weeks so 'viable', daughter celebrated 2nd birthday, pilates seems to have kept sciatica at bay and 4 weeks till half term whoooop

I think the idea to increase frequency of meet ups is a good idea as then it's not so long to wait if people can't make date.

I will be desperate to fill my half term with as many fun things as possible so if anyone is around then (last week of oct) I'm happy to host/ organise something.

I hope all is well with bumps and babes and look forward to catch up next week.

Anna x

Hi, I would love to tag along. I am pregnant with my 3rd, due 25th february :-S. I moved to east from clapham after my son was born and am really looking forward to maternity leave with this bump in east dulwich. Please can you add me to the list at the gowlett on 27th too as it would be lovely to meet you all.

Claire

Hi Claire, Welcome and congratulations. I've added you to the list and it will be great to meet you on Tuesday.

Missmack1981 - I hope no more disasters strike for you today. I have also had quite a few pregnancy "moments" - or at least that's what I'm blaming. The worst has to be a car slowing down in Camberwell last week to inform me my dress had ridden up past my bottom to around my waist without me noticing. The shame!

Welcome Claire - and hooray to there being another mad 3rd timer! How old are your other children?

Anna, I love your pregnancy stories, fantastic! Our car is diesel and I have to chant "diesel diesel diesel" to myself every time I go to fill up as am sure one day I'll switch off and fill it with petrol.

See you all soon,

Pippa x

Hey everyone,

Sorry I missed the other meeting - hectic with work and house renovation... completely stressed out! Mental note for the future: pregnancy + building a house = nightmare ;)

Looking forward seeing you all this Tuesday :o)

PS. we had a private scan done recently (due to my stress level I suppose!) and we found out it is a girl! Yay! Very happy indeed.

See you soon!

Di + micro Maja

Hi all

Just to say I won't be able to make tomorrow, so I am liking the plans for more frequent meet-ups as it would be good to meet you. I also have the half term week off(commencing 24 October) so would be up for meeting during that week with my son if there are any plans to do so.

L

Unfortunately I have double booked myself (stupid preg brain) so wont be able to make it either. Annoyed as was looking forward to it. Like LillyD I'm all for reg meet ups. Maybe we could do a pamper evening or something similar some time, though god knows where we'd hold it what with there being so many of us..? Anyway, have a great night and hope to see you all soon.

E x

Hi ladies, I don't know how it took me so long to notice this thread but I'd love to join in and hopefully come to a meet-up at some stage (though I can't make the 27th). I'm expecting number 2 (a girl) around Dec. 18th and have a boy who turned 3 at the end of July. We've just moved to Honor Oak but were in Peckham Rye for 2 years before that. We only moved there though after I'd gone back to work so I feel like I never really made a lot of mum chums in the area - and I know I'm going to need them with two on my hands!