Winter babies club (due Dec 2011, Jan/Feb 2012)

Hmmmm... I had mine quite early on, within a week of seeing the midwives at Lanes. I would ring up your GP/ Midwife to check that you have indeed been referred? Might be worth ringing King's to see if they can find you on the system in case the letter went missing in the post.

Thanks ladies. I will definitely be ringing up tomorrow. I'm with the 306 medical centre on lordship lane and saw my GP four weeks ago. I haven't received an appointment to see a midwife either. Apparently 306 do shared care with Kings. I hope my referral was done by the GP as she said would. For a first timer it does feel like your flying blind for the first three months. I have no idea how the system works and what to expect. Hopefully it will become clearer as time goes on. I'll definitely be chasing things up tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

S

Hi all,

Can I join you please. I am expecting a baby, due 2nd Feb I already have a little boy at home who will be 20 ish months which is exciting but also a little scary! It would be great to meet others due at the same sort of time. We are often at the goose green swings so maybe I could join the next park meet up?

We had our Nuchal scan last week and all was well so fingers crossed for a smooth run ahead.

Congratulations to everyone.

R

I rang Kings Maternity help line this morning to chase up my scan appointment. I am so relieved I did as they had not recieved a referral from my GP. They took the referral from me instead and are going to be sending me a letter by the end of the week with the date of my scan. Luckily it shouldn't delay my scan in any way.

Thanks for the advice and see you in a few weeks.

S

Me again,

I thought I'd mention that I am teaching pregnancy yoga classes in Camberwell. See details below.

If anyone is interested in getting together to know each other and also do a session, I am really happy to try and accomodate a day and time that suits you.

I am mostly free on Thursdays and Fridays during the day. In the evenings, I could do most evenings at 6/6.30 but later only on Mon, Wed and Friday. Or Saturday morning.

Otherwise current classes are on Tuesday 18.15-19.15 + Friday 18- 19 + Saturday 9.30-10.30

I am due with my second on 16th December, and i think it's quite nice to do a pregnancy yoga class with a teacher who is herself pregnant!

Let me know.

Pregnancy classes are designed to keep you fit, mobile and energised so that you feel more comfortable within your skin while your body undergoes an amazing transformation. With active exercises we keep the body strong and supple to facilitate labour and aid recovery after birth and we relieve minor ailments common during pregnancy. We also work on the breath to connect you with your growing bump, aid relaxation, give you confidence to relieve pain, facilitate delivery during labour and nurture your emotional well-being.

I offer these classes at home, so they are small with a maximum of 6 participants. This allows me, as a teacher, to offer more dedicated attention and guidance to each student, and offers students a comfortable and safe environment where to share this most wonderful experience of pregnancy and motherhood with each other, thus creating a supportive community. At the end of each session, we spend a few minutes having tea and chatting, unless you need to rush off somewhere.

Classes are held in Camberwell, very near the swimming pool and cost ?7. Because of the limited number of places, please contact me in advance if you want to attend.

For more information, please visit my website www.barbaramella.com

Telephone number 0794 1045004 Email [email protected]

Hi all,

We're back from hols and pleased to see weather is looking good!!

Amydown... We have same due date and toddlers 22 months old... Strange. We're in sync!

Congrats to all first time mums to be... Very exciting times ahead and to Pippa!!

Emma/Bea maybe we can arrange another meet up this week and others can join in if free too?

I am on school holidays so am desperate to make to most of It before I go back to work full time (albeit temporarily!)

Oh also if anyone is interested, I'm going to mum and child pilates at east dulwich leisure centre on Monday morning. I usually go to the instructor's monday and wed evening pilates and she is fantastic!! It's not a 'serious' class on mon am... Just good fun for under 5's to join in too while you can do a bit of exercise... I'm determined to make my labour easier this time around!!!

So.. Up to suggestions about day for meet up... Goose green was good and maybe toddlers picnic too if sunny??

Anna

Welcome back Anna.

I'd be keen for a meet up next week - would either Thursday or Friday afternoon suit anyone else? Maybe in the picnic area of Peckham Rye park if the weather is nice as it's great for toddlers to explore (fingers crossed summer is here to stay). My kids are away on holiday at the moment (absolute bliss for me, a whole week to myself!) but get back on Tuesday.

Pippa x

The winter babies club is gaining momentum - love it! Fingers crossed for everyone waiting for scans and it's great to see a nice mix of first, second and third time mums.

Welcome home Anna. Like Pippa, I am child free at the mo and will prob use my time off next week to catch up with work and maybe squeeze in a gallery or pedicure here and there, so I wont be around but if anything gets organised for the week after next then I'll def come along.

Keep me posted.

And Anna I have been looking for good pilates classes for a while. Will you send me some more details about the Mon/Weds evening classes please? After getting out of breath walking to the butcher's yesterday (jeez!) I'm off to preg legs, bums and tums tonight at JAGS. 6.30pm if anyone else is up for it. Meant to be pretty good.

Hi all

Mothercourage - I must have seen you at Legs Bums and Tums yesterday as there were only two of us!

Pickle and others - If you are talking of a possible Friday afternoon meet up, I would be keen. Although not this week (4th).

X Lindsay

Hi Pippa,

Thurs pm would be good for us. My daughter usually sleeps until 2:30pmish so would 3pm be any good?

The more the merrier so if anyone else would like to join then please do.

Then maybe the following week, a friday meet up as that seems to be a good day for most?

Emma.. I went to pilates then came home and ate a box of cadbury's roses!! I probably would have done it anyway so I'm glad I made the effort to exercise first!

Good luck to those awaiting scans...

Anna

Thinking ahead, I'd be up for meeting next Friday (12th). Peckham Rye 1 o'clock club has a fun day on from 10-3pm which would keep the toddlers happy. We could take picnics if the weather's good.

Anna - couldn't get into pilates as am not a member. May consider joining though.

Hello,

Another newbie here. Had my 12 week scan at the end of last week and thankfully all was progressing as it should. Big sigh of relief. So, I'm due my first baby 5th February! Very exciting.

Good luck to everyone!

C

Congrats tomo... Just had midwife appt and held my breath until I could hear heartbeat... There's not one stage during pregnancy when I feel relaxed about it all!

In fact it takes along time after they're born not to keep checking them and poking them to make sure they're breathing!!

It looks like weather might be dodgy tomorrow.. If it's not is anyone up for 3pm in the enclosed picnic part of peckham park? Toddlers can play and any first time mums could come along and chill in the sun (?!)

Next Fri sounds like a good plan. We went to the play scheme at goose green on monday and was good. I think it's the same in peckham on fri?

Emma, you could try pay as you go with jennifer at dulwich leisure centre but you'll have to go to day time pilates as always spaces then. 9:15 mon and creche is good or mother and child pilates at 10:15 on Mon... I managed to get a little workout as daughter did Waybuloo yojojo next to me! Tres cute!!

Have a good week all and maybe see some of you tomorrow

Anna x

Hi Anna,

Apologies - slight 'technical glitch' today...husband took the laptop into work so I've only just been able to logon! Ahem.

Bit of a damp squid day...I love how optimistic you were this morning...it's was CHUCKING it down!

We're not about next week as tied up with b'day activities. Would love to catch up with you and any other Winter baby mums the week after.

Take care and hope to meet up soon, Suziexx

Hello All,

Another first timer here, just had my scan and I'm due on the 13th of February. I've just moved to East Dulwich/London/the UK so I'd love to meet up some time for a chat with other local mums-to-be. I'm around most weekdays and evenings. Best wishes to all those who are still awaiting scans!

Julia

Who is around next week? Maybe Friday? I'm thinking of heading to the PR 1 o'clock club fun day around 12ish (it goes on til 3pm) if anyone else fancies it. Not sure it'd be that relaxing for people without kids but if the weather's good we can hang out outside, bring mags, chat...and there's always the cafe.

On a totally different point, has anyone had a really good pregnancy treatment they'd recommend - massage or reflexology or similar?

I'm not able to make next Friday I'm afraid... due to problems in my other pregnancies I've got my first consultants appointment at Kings at 12:15pm, and then will be packing to go on holiday (we leave early Sat). We're back Saturday 20th and then around for the remainder of the holidays so would be lovely to finally meet some of you then.

In the meantime, congratulations to the new people on this thread! All's well with me, apart from the overwhelming urge to eat raw onion, which I'm hoping will pass!

P x

Hello Ladies,

Another first timer to join you :) After my verrry lengthy scan I am over the moon that all is good and am officially due on 14 February 2012 - Valentine's Day baby!! :o) I know the date may change but for now I can be super excited.

I am working full time, however happy to meet with new new/old mums-to-be @ weekends/evenings...

Best wishes for all of you! :)

Di xx

Congratulations Di - how exciting to have a Valentine's Baby - they'd never be short of cards!

And congratulations to Julia too - you've certainly moved to the right part of London to get to know new people and meet other mums.

Seems there's lots of first timers and I'm suspecting a lot of us work and so can't make daytime meet ups. So why don't we get the ball rolling and get a date in our diary for an early evening meet up? Green and Blue might be a good place - they do a good selection of soft drinks for those not drinking, nibbles and cake - and we could reserve some space in the back if there's a few of us.

How about Thursday 25th? Hopefully most 12 weeks scans for this babies club will be completed so people still waiting to 'come out' could also join us by that point. And hopefully some of us won't be feeling so tired in a few weeks time!

Let me know if you'd like to come along - second time mums also welcome of course - and I can book a space.

Caroline x