Winter babies club (due Dec 2011, Jan/Feb 2012)

Hi Ladies,

Firtsly congratulations to everyone!

I'm a first timer with a due date of the 23rd December. It would be great to catch up with some of you as most of my friends are nowhere near doing the baby thing or already did it a while ago. If there's still space at Green & Blue evening I can make the 25th.

I'd also be interested in the Saturday morning yoga class.

H

Hello, making a reappearance after my scan at Kings (24.02.12 now the new due date as I was a bit further along than I thought and how nice were they! I enjoyed ever bit of it, even if as a first timer I was a bit stunned by all the detail) - I will pop along on the 25th if there's any room left!

Finally feeling less tired as I've been lying like a dead dog on the sofa for the last five weeks....

Poppysnores, LillyD, and Pinkhalf - you are all more than welcome to join us on the 25th. I am going to do a little tally next week so I can give Green and Blue exact numbers. But congratulations to all.

And congratulations to Midivydale too! To be honest, I am sure it won't be long before the Family Room Moderator puts up a new thread for Spring Babies 2012 to join - and you'll find there will no doubt be just as many mums as there are on this thread. But that is absolutely not to say you aren't welcome to join us - just that you might want to wait for people who will be due around the same time as you.

Hi all,

After initially thinking I wasn't going to be able to make it on the 25th, I now can, which I am thrilled about! It certainly looks as though we are gathering quite a little gang!

Happy to report that I had my second midwives appt this morning, and they were able to hear Sprout's heart beat loud and clear with the doppler (I am just over 17 weeks gone), which I must say is just that little more reassuring every time I hear it! The whoosh of the cord blood whipping around is also a reassuring sound.

I, like many of you, have had the stretching ligament pains on and off, and find it more painful if I cough, sneeze or laugh when lying on my back, but it's to be expected I guess. I have also had the weirdest thing going on with my 'bump'. For the last 3-5 weeks, I have started the day with a fairly flattish stomach and by the end of the day I look about 6 months pregnant -it has been a little disconcerting as I didn't know how much was bloating, bump or the dreaded constipation (that never seems to be mentioned, but as I have found it, is a VERY real part of this!). Over the last few days however, I have woken up with a bump and kept it all day, although it does grow a little more by the evening, I don't look as big as I did, and am now very proud of Sprout's pouch!! The midwife checked my 'fundal' length (oh the new words we've learned!),and apparently rule of thumb is 1cm/week of pregnancy (give or take 3cm apparently) and I was right on 17cm, so normal is just fine by me!

Congratulations to everyone who has had their scans etc, it certainly makes it feel real. Very much looking forward to meeting you all on the 25th.

N

Hello - I use the forum all the time but I've only just discovered this thread!

I'm due my first on 22nd December. I'd like to join you at Green & Blue on Thurs too if there's space... Only really just starting to get into this whole baby thing...

Thanks!

PoppySnores Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi Ladies,

> Firtsly congratulations to everyone!

>

> I'm a first timer with a due date of the 23rd

> December. It would be great to catch up with some

> of you as most of my friends are nowhere near

> doing the baby thing or already did it a while

> ago. If there's still space at Green & Blue

> evening I can make the 25th.

> I'd also be interested in the Saturday morning

> yoga class.

> H

Welcome Mooncake!

Mik and Nik I also had my second midwife appt this morning - I am just 16 weeks and walked home with a big grin on my face after hearing the heartbeat, it was so reassuring. Apart from all the symptoms I have at times wondered if I was imagining all this!

Looks like the G&B gathering will be great with so many of us there. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Elli

Can I ask a question about due dates...?

Going by my dates I am due on 28th Jan. I was monitoring this and am definite about them. At my scan they gave me a new date of 3rd Feb. Which one is really more likely? or does it not matter as it won't happen on either of those days anyway? I don't really trust the scan date and am more inclined to go with the original date. Is that silly? Maybe I'm over-thinking it but I'd appreciate your thoughts!

Hi espelli,

I had the same thing with my due dates. I knew exactly the date of my LMP, and based on that, my due date was 27th Jan. Upon having my 12 week scan, they adjusted the due date to 23rd Jan based on the baby's growth etc. I spoke to my midwife about this this morning, and she advised that either date could be correct and that King's should not really be moving due dates if it is less than a week out, given all women ovulate at different times and can therefore conceive at different times (most LMP dates are based on average ovulation of day 14 apparently). I found it really frustrating, but the midwife said that the hospital and them (the midwives) will go off the revised due date for clarity. Closer to delivery, however, they may adjust again as they have a clearer idea of the baby's growth etc and will take the original date into consideration if the question of induction comes up if I go over term.

If it helps, only about 4% of women give birth on their due date anyway apparently!!!

N

Hi all,

I've decided to be very OCD and organise a list of names and expected due dates... it's just with all these posts I was totally loosing track. This may also help when we meet up on the 25th... please disregard if you think i'm a total nutter with too much time on my hands and apologies if i get anything wrong or miss anyone out!! (please edit and repost with amendments)

Mothercourage Emma Early Dec (2nd child)

Dragon99 Suzie Early Dec (2nd)

Bee74 Barbara 16th Dec (2nd)

LillyD Lindsay late Dec (2nd)

Mooncake 22nd Dec (1st)

Poppyshores H 23rd Dec (1st)

Melanie 4th Jan (1st)

Missmack1981 Anna 15th Jan (2nd)

Amydown 15th Jan (2nd)

Mikandnik N 23rd Jan (1st)

veryseriousgirl Victoria Late Jan (2nd)

Pickle Pippa 31st Jan (3rd)

Littlemoo R 2nd Feb (2nd)

Espelli Elli 3rd Feb (1st)

Tomo C 5th Feb (1st)

Guest1 Caroline early Feb (2nd)

czosnck Di 14th Feb (1st)

BellendenBelle 15th Feb (1st)

MillyMoo Sal 18th Feb (1st)

Jlai Julia 19th Feb (1st)

Pinkhalf 24th Feb (1st)

Midivydale C March

That's so good MissM! Thank you for doing it. I wonder if any of us will end up having babies on the same day?!

Thank you for the explanation mikandnik - it was a question I really should have asked this morning but it went out of my head (along with a lot of other things these days!)

Hi everyone

Im new on here and also due in early feb! Would love to know more about yoga classes and nct classes. I was quite hesitant to write on here as i am fairly young (20) and having my first baby! which i am really excited about just abit scary! would love to hear from all of you especially the ones who have had kids and know how it goes! Im also a student so im in search of some cheap baby stuff but arnt we all? and what time is everyone meeting on the 25th?

Nabz x

Hi Nabz,

Congratulations!! Don't feel hesitant, everybody is going through the same thing no matter age or number of previous children!!

I'm sure other existing mothers will agree with me that babies only have to be as expensive as you make it!.. I bought all the gadgets and gizmos first time around and soon realised you/baby don't need most of that stuff!!

Come along to Green and Blues.. We're meeting from 7. These mum groups are often the best way to get practical advice and support!

Looking forward to meeting everyone then.

Anna

P.s BAD nutritional day for unborn--- chocs, ice cream, pizza and general junk.. Cravings or just using pregnancy as an excuse to slob out??

Hello again,

We're quite a group now! Nice work on the helpful list missmack. Thanks everyone on all the advice re the NCT classes, I'm still undecided what to do! Mikandnik, I had a look at your other class suggestion, it looks great and it works out slightly cheaper than the NCT course, so may end up going for that. I really want to do Hypnobirthing too. My Sister in law did hypnobirthing with her first and had a brilliant labour and now has a very happy 8 month old. I know it's no guarantee but I think it's well worth a shot. So at the moment it's all a case of weighing up my options...

Nabz- welcome! You'll get a discount on NCT courses if you're a student- have look on their website.

Looking forward to meeting you all properly on the 25th!

hi Tomo,

I've just signed up with Sofie Jacobs this week. I looked at the NCT classes but they are slightly more expensive. I liked that Sofie is a trained midwife and also covers caring for baby after birth. But you've still got plenty of time to decide!

I also started a thread on hypnobirthing if you haven't seen it already: http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?29,727582,729550#msg-729550

I've been given a book and some cd's on the topic by anna_r (who is also selling a bugaboo cameleon on here if anyone is looking). i've only read a few of the pages that she'd tabbed but all v. interesting so far... Now just to find a good course!!