Winter babies club (due Dec 2011, Jan/Feb 2012)

Hello everyone

welcome and congratulations to new members!

As expected, turns out I have to work tomorrow night, so won't make the meeting. Since it is the second I miss, I am selfishly really keen to set up a more regular meeting.

So how about a weekly or twice monthly meet up either at the Gowlett or at Green and Blue (is that the name?)?

It would make it easier for people to just turn up without too much pressure.

What do you think?

B

Bee74 - I think it's a great idea to sort out a regular meet up. Probably weekly, just because otherwise people might wonder if it's on or not.

My gut feeling is that Green and Blue, with its table service, might not work on a regular basis - although we were made to feel welcome, there was a slight surprise from the waitress at how many of us were not drinking. A pub is at least a bit more relaxed in that sense. The Gowlett were lovely on the phone and mentioned they were usually quiet on a Tuesday - I know they have Lucky 7s on Thursdays. But obviously the location might not work for everyone on a regular basis - what do others think?

Hi all,

I agree with a more regular catch up. How about the Actress as an additional option to the Gowlett, they also do pizzas as well as other menu items (salads, pub grub etc) and have quite a bit more room than Green and Blue? Also, I know my other half would be interested in meeting up with some Dads in the area. THe Autumn babies club started a Dad's meet up which seems to be have been quite successful. Would anyone else's other halves be interested in this?

N

Gowlett (or any other pub) sounds like a good plan to me - people can come and go as they please so we don't need to be so organised on table numbers etc!

I'm guessing there may be folks out there who regularly won't be able to make Tuesdays though, so having an occasional alternative get together doing a different activity also sounds like it could be useful (and fun!).

Perhaps we could do the ceramics cafe sometime? Scarlet Peacock also runs workshops there - though I think those are quite pricey! x

I guess the only thing to bear in mind with weekly meetups is that there needs to be one or two people who are able to commit to being there every week - otherwise there could be the situation of someone turning up and nobody else being able to make it.

Hi all,

Hope all are well... Looking forward to tomorrow.

Taking previous posts into account I'm suggesting a meet up next Thurs 6th October from 7 at The Actress. I know a few people who work there so in any other situation I could wangle a few jager bombs on the house but perhaps we'd better stick to the soft drinks!

The change of venue and day should allow others to come, who can't make tuesdays and meeting more regularly should reduce numbers.

I'll reserve a space to the right hand side if people interested in coming.

Also my disasters seems to have stopped happening.. Today I narrowly avoided smashing my kitchen window with an exploding flask lid. god it makes me sound like a klutz but I swear I wasn't before this pregnancy.

Anyway catch up tomorrow

Anna

Mikandnik - I know my other half has said to me he will happily attend a dad's meet-up but that he doesn't want to organise it - 'we'll look like some strange spreadsheet family if I did'.

Well done and thank you to Anna for organising The Actress meet -up - would a Jaegarbomb help with indigestion? I think my days of large suppers may be coming to an end, judging from the pains I experienced after dinner tonight.

See you all tomorrow.

C x

Hello all, looking forward to tomorrow night. A regular meet up would really be great as well, and either the Gowlett or the Actress works just fine for me. I'm not sure if I missed someone suggesting a day, but ideally any evening but Tuesday for me, as I work every Tuesday evening (but I realise it's hard to come up with a day that works for everyone). See you tomorrow!

Julia the Unpronounceable

Separate dad's thing or shall we just bring them along to ours to start with? Esp. if it's going to be weekly anyways? I keep leaving my hubby at home to fend for himself but he's completely rubbish at cooking!

Once a few of them have met and get chatting I'm sure they may be more motivated to organise their own casual meetups.

(PS - Caroline, I've just bought some Gaviscon. Decided I can't wait until Thursday when the next available phone slot with the Dr might be!!)

S

Hello

i see the point of always having someone who is present at the meetings, but we can organise that week by week.

The Autumn Baby Club meets every Tue at the Actress, so we could alternate Tue at the Gowlett with Thur at the Actress. We could start next Thu there.

Those with children already are a bit unlikely (personally speaking, of course) to want to spend money for a babysitter so that their partners can join in too... So i personally would prefer if the two meetings were separate. But that's just me.

B

Thanks for a great night, ladies, I don't know if there were other newbies there too, but I certainly felt very welcome! I look forward to speaking to more of you next time.

I didn't leave my 'vital child stats' last time, so here they are:

Due 11th Jan, but I'm not finding out the sex

My son, Jack, is 2.5, so he'll be 2 years 10 months when babe is born

I hope to make it to the Actress next thurs, but need to check hubby's

Calendar.

Have a good week, good luck with scans, those of you who are having them this week!

Hannah x

Lovely to see people again - and to see lots of new faces. There were just so many of us, it was difficult to talk to everyone - hopefully there will be a chance next time.

Are we still thinking of alternating Tuesdays and Thursdays and swapping between the Gowlett and the Actress? I definitely can't do Tuesday 11th but I am more than happy to still book a table for people.

A few of us first timers were talking about a thread on here where people talked about equipment they found particularly useful and things they ended up not using and I promised to post a link -

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?29,639658,page=1

Hope to see you all soon.

x

To echo HannahKT and Bellenden Belle, thank you for a great evening!

Also a first timer, it was lovely to meet such a friendly and easy to talk to group. Anyone who may find it daunting to turn up not knowing anyone, DON'T!

I, unfortunately, won't be able to attend next week due to hubbie travelling but will aim to make the Tuesday after.

I have also decided to get my own persona on the Forum (Goldielab is my husbands) so I will soon reappear under a new name.

Hope to see you all soon and good luck to those having scans this week

Steph

x

Lovely to see you all last night, apologies for leaving so early but I have a mad week of rehearsals so needed at least a little time sitting on the sofa!

My 22 week scan this morning was fine, all is well, and it's a healthy little... secret ;-)

Pippa x

Hello All

I didnt manage to make it last night either, I've been feeling exhausted and drained lateley, and needed to put my feet up and be looked after by the man.

Can you let me know when the next meet is, kind of got lost with all the posts. Is there one next week on Thursday (6th)at the Actress?! Really want to meet some new Mums in the area, as I've only been here a couple of months and start maternity in 4 weeks time.

Thanks!

Hi all,

Congrats Pippa.. I can't believe you've left us guessing though... ummm will have to inspect bump next time and make some predictions!

Warning to all Zafira owners (or owners to be). It seems like the car that most new families buy but make sure that if you do, you ask the dealership about THE STUPID SPARE WHEEL DESIGN.... argh, after I thought my luck had changed recently, I noticed that the cage underneath my Zafira was open and some bloody ?$%&%^&O(%^"& has stolen the wheel. A problem the dealership are fully aware of and are able to provide a lock for... grrrrr why didn't they say!?!

So with the break in and the Sat Nav going, me putting petrol in the BF diesel and now THIS... surely I should win the lottery tonight or something?!?!?

Anyway details for next meet up are;

Thursday 6th October

The Actress (hoping for space to the right of the bar)

I'll be there from 7pm

(with a large glass of wine for my stress levels!)

Lovely meeting new faces on Tues and look forward to catching up/ meeting some more then.

Have a good week,

Anna x x

Oh dear Anna! Sorry to hear that... I'm sure your luck will change!

I really enjoyed seeing everyone last night too. Thanks once again to our lovely organisers. I am glad we're going to The Actress next time though - think I might get pizza'ed out otherwise (potentially going to have had 3 this week!).

Also, hubby read my last message and is not impressed with my assessment of his cooking skills... :-$