Winter babies club (due Dec 2011, Jan/Feb 2012)

Hi all

Apologies for missing you on 25th. I am not sure I will be able to make 27th September either but hope to join a meet up in October!

Re veryseriousgirl's post, I did yoga at Kings in my last pregnancy and its fine - very restful.

Also for all those liking to keep a bit more active in pregnancy I would really recommend Orianne's pregnant legs, bums and tums class at JAGS gym (its part low impact aerobics, part body conditioning and a bit of the all important pelvic floor). Its on Sunday evenings at 6.30pm. I did it until I was 39 weeks last time (started contractions on the way to class!) and it definitely helped in my very long labour.

L

Hi all Winter Mums

Just joining this thread as have a boy (2 yrs old in October) and expecting my second baby on Jan 13th! One of my friends (NCT buddy from first baby!) who is expecting a couple of weeks before me mentioned this thread and thought it was a great idea.

Don't feel the need for an NCT refresher as I think the details of giving birth are seared on my memory :)). However would love to meet more second time mums to hang out with whilst on maternity leave (from Christmas) so our toddlers can play together.

I work Monday to Thursday so if there are any plans to meet on a Friday, at 1 o'clock club or something, or to go out again, I would love to join!

Do any of you go to pregnancy pilates on a Thursday at PUSH? I might have already seen you there if you have as I go.

S

Hi all,

Goldielab we are totally in sync as is Amydown!! My daughter turns 2 in Sept and I'm due again in Mid Jan!

I would love to meet up during the day but as of Tomorrow I am back at work full time, booooooooo!! I am debating whether to start my maternity leave at xmas or work right upto my due day again. (I'll gain an extra 3 weeks maternity pay that way!)

I am available for daytime meet-ups (and counting down the days) to the October half term so if anyone is around then I'm happy to organise a get-together for toddlers to play and mums to gossip!. (Oct 22nd- Oct 30th)

I have my 22 week scan on Friday 9th and will hopefully find out the sex. I have crap intuition so currently have no idea... this time around it's so easy to forget I'm even preggo!

I have signed up for the NCT refresher course in Herne Hill (only area this course is provided apparently) I like arming myself with as much information as possible, eventhough it does tend to all go out of the window during the labour!

Just to let you know that on Sat there is the Peckham park traditional fete. When I was pregnant with daughter no1 I went along and signed my name up for Nousha photography. We won (and everyone else I know who entered) a free photo session and print. The framed family print was beautiful (although to buy prints was extortionate... but pressure free!) so deffo worth entering if they are there again this year!

Here's an updated list with newer members... Again, update as necessary and edit too... this is by no means the 'final group' so don't be put off joining the 'Winter babies club' if you haven't already!

Best wishes to all, babes and bumps.

Anna x

P.S Bellenden Belle... I have so far restrained from chucking inappropriate comments into the Drawing room.. but it's so tempting! i'll save them for here!

Mum2besoon M Early Dec

Mothercourage Emma Early Dec (2nd child)

Dragon99 Suzie Early Dec (2nd)

Bee74 Barbara 16th Dec (2nd)

LillyD Lindsay late Dec (2nd)

Mooncake Sara 22nd Dec (1st)

Poppyshores Helen 23rd Dec (1st)

Melanie 4th Jan (1st)

Goldielab Steph Jan 13th (2nd)

Missmack1981 Anna 15th Jan (2nd)

Amydown 15th Jan (2nd)

Mikandnik Nik 23rd Jan (1st)

veryseriousgirl Victoria 24th Jan (2nd)

Pickle Pippa 31st Jan (3rd)

Littlemoo R 2nd Feb (2nd)

Espelli Elli 3rd Feb (1st)

Tomo Caroline 5th Feb (1st)

Guest1 Caroline early Feb (2nd)

Nabz 12th Feb (1st)

Greidy Gem 12th Feb (2nd)

KT4 Kate 13th Feb (1st)

czosnck Di 14th Feb (1st)

BellendenBelle Caroline 15th Feb (1st)

MillyMoo Sal 18th Feb (1st)

Jlai Julia 19th Feb (1st)

Pinkhalf 24th Feb (1st)

Midivydale C March

Thanks Miss Mack/Anna for the welcome and the list (now I see why everyone else was enthusiastically thanking you.. it is a very helpful to see all the ladies and their due dates in a list!)

I have my scan the day before you (8th Sept) but although I will be finding out the sex of bambino number two, the hubbie REALLY doesn't want to know so I won't be sharing I'm afraid.

I am around in half term as the nanny has holiday and we'll be sticking around ED.

Should be around on the 27th Sept too so hopefully meet some of you then.... I'll be the one with the bump ;-)

Btw - name's Steph

S

brill, I'll deffo organise something for half term then.

I also wanted to share a moneysaving tip for newbies.... if you are deciding on which sling to buy, there is a sling meeting which happens regularly and locally where the woman brings along lots of different sling brands to try as all so different.

I cheated with my sling... I bought 5m of jersey fabric for ?20 from Ebay. I cut it in half length ways (so had enough for 2 slings and gave one to friend) and used this as my sling. It is exactly the same principle as the Kari-me sling and their website even has wrapping instructions.

My daughter was 10lbs3 at birth and this sling was by far the most comfortable sling I tried. I had her chest to chest for months then as she was bigger, turned her around to face out. I took her in the sling this way to the 'Mother and baby show' and was stopped by about 10 mums and mumstobe asking where I bought it from!!

The website images does make it look quite hippy and earthmothery but I stuck to black fabric and it looked quite trendy!

i would be happy to show anyone if interested. I know kari-me sells for ?60 for what is simply a sheet of fabric and lots of friends have bought expensive slings and found them not as comfy but it is deffo worth 'testing' as many as possible first to see what is comfy for you.

Oh only drawback, my partner said he wouldn't be seen dead in public with my sling (although I did return home one day to witness him cleaning the house with daughter wrapped to his chest in sling) he'll kill me for mentioning that... Whoops!!

Hi Nik

Hope you're well. They used to meet at Horniman. Group is called SE london SlingMeet I think. There is a slingmeet website and you should be able to get info on there...

There's a group for everything nowadays!!!

Also was telling some of the girls about the NappyLady if you're interested in reuseable nappies. She does the same..m shows you the choices from an impartial view. She came along to a baby massage group I attended but disposable was the way forward for me I'm afraid!.. Daughter potty trained relatively early so that's my payback to my Carbon footprint!!

I'm sure I've seen her post of ED forum if anyone is interested in her advice.

Although these posts make it look like I'm an earth mother I'm excited to also add, I've just bought my 4x4, pneumatic, pavement rage of a double buggy and am tempted to borrow a child in order to take it for a test drive!!!

Hello ladies,

Great to see new people joining still - and practically a full house for our next meeting. I'll contact the Gowlett with numbers closer the time.

Nic - I think you'll find out about the meeting here:

http://www.slingmeet.co.uk/

Talking of slings, I'm dragging my other half away from the Drawing Room to go here:

http://www.borndirect.com/

It seemed to have an amazing selection of slings to try on - as well as being perhaps the most middle-class "yummy mummy" shop in the world! Has anyone been?

All are welcome in the Drawing Room - it's not scary....honest!

And I can't wait for my trip to Stoke Newington to try on slings and push prams around. Really. Can't wait.

Seriously - glad BB and I will have so many people going through what we are especially those who have been there, done it and got the toddler to prove it once (or even twice) before!

Sounds like you like you all had fun the other night and no doubt I'll meet some of you in the future.

Best wishes to all

DC (aka The Chair) (aka Mr Bellenden Belle)

I'm keen on using a sling... just looks so much more convenient to have your hands free!! And the babies seem to enjoy it too. If anyone does spot a SlingMeet coming up locally, please let me know! I was also thinking of trying to visit this place some time: http://southlondonslings.com/

Btw, I've started to make a few enquiries re: hypnobirthing courses. If anyone else is interested please let me know - if there's a few of us then maybe we can get a course run for us as a group.

S

Hi again all,

Mr BB - nice to see your voice!! My other half and I were talking about how great it would be for the Partners if the Winter Babies mums-to-be to have a meeting all their own. I know the Autumn Babies Club have done this and it has been a great success - funnily enough, the partners to be are meeting up more than the Mums, over a few pints for medicinal purposes if course!!! What do you think?

Thanks for the tips MissMack and BB. Mooncake, would definately be interested in a hypnobirthing course!!

N xx

Hello again,

I'm really sad to have missed the meet up. Unfortunately some family stuff meant that I had to be out of London unexpectedly. It sounds like you had a great time and I would love to join in on the 27th.

Mooncake, I would also be interested in finding out more about a hypnobirthing course. MissMack, making your own sling is such a good idea - will start looking out for some nice fabric!

Elli

Hi ladies,

I've spoken to Kristin Hayward and she charges ?199 for a 6 hour hypnobirthing course. It's run over 2 weeks on a weekday evening 7-10pm at her house in Herne Hill for 3 couples. Alternatively, if anyone would like to host at their house (e.g. because of childcare issues / difficulty with travelling - and as it would be more convenient for the group overall) then she's also happy to travel to us. The group size can be bigger but as she's using her own home at the moment doesn't have space for more than 3. Unfortunately I think my living room would be far too small!

The fee includes the Marie Mongan book, mp3 downloads and some practical worksheets (scripts etc.). I was thinking of booking in for Monday 19th and 26th September. Please let me know if you want to join? If you'd like to speak to her directly before deciding, you can call her on her mob or email. 07963 046 456, [email protected].

If there's a lot of interest - we could maybe invite her to stop by our meet on the 27th for a brief talk. Obviously won't do if some people would really rather not! And by that point if a few of us have already tried it out, then we can tell you what we thought then!

S

Hi Everyone,

I'm very late joining this thread - bit of a lax forum user. Was just saying to a friend today that I needed to find some mums due in Winter and she said come look here and hurray, here you all are! I'm due Feb 1st, it's my second and my daughter will be 17 months by then (!!! Concpetion second time round turned out to be much, much more efficient and now I am very, very terrified.).

I'd love to meet up and will put the 27th in my diary if that's ok. Would really like to hear what all the second-timers are doing about double buggies. Is it the Gowlett we're heading for? And what time?

Jane x

Hi all,

Congrats to new members, looking forward to meeting you at The Gowlett.

I had my 22week scan today and all fine, baby looks perfect. Sonographer was playing around with 4D scan so amazingly we got to see baby's face too. (Although quite strange and not something I'd pay for but maybe worth asking for at scan if you're curious)

We are delighted that Ava now has a little sister on the way!!

Bad case of Sciatica for me though... Which has given me 'flashbacks' of similar pain endured through last labour.. It is not something I usually suffer with so if anyone has any advice please share. I'm still going to Pilates so I'm hoping that helps and midwife is referring me to physiotherapist so I'm hoping for some massages and extra time off work too!

Good luck for impending scans and I hope everyone's feeling well!

Anna x

Ah, congrats Anna! Another wee girl- lovely. Bums about the sciatica though. Hopefully the physio and pilates will help.

Hello to all the other newbies!

Just so you all come prepared, The Gowlett only takes cash - at least they have the past few times I was there. Last time was only the other week!

Mooncake- thanks for the offer of organising the Hypnobirthing classes. I've signed myself and Mr Tomo up for hypnobirthing with Sophie Burch at http://www.calmbirthcalmbaby.com/ Doesn't start until 12th October though, so can't vouch for how good it is yet.

I know I mentioned to a few of you when we last met that I'm planning on having a homebirth with the lovely Brierly MIdwives. Was just wondering if anyone else is hoping for a homebirth?

Caroline x