Winter babies club (due Dec 2011, Jan/Feb 2012)

I am finally happy to share the news that baby Jaya was born on 21st December at home in the pool. She arrived after a two hour intense labour which was both atrociously painful and wonderful at the same time. We feel very blessed and are enjoying getting to know her.

Wishing you all equally happy deliveries for Christmas!

Lots of love.

Bee

That's great news Bee... Especially as it's another 2nd timer having a short labour!! Out of 6 birth stories from friends with 2nd deliveries this winter, the 4 who had babies at home were under 3 hour deliveries... Yay.. Here's hoping!

And another girl!!!

It's all been very quiet on here recently so I hope everyone is just consumed with the preparations for xmas and all is well with babies, bumps and mums.

Have a lovely christmas to all new families and those who are enjoying this christmas before the craziness begins!

Keep us posted of any news and CAN'T WAIT to meet babies in new year x x

Hi all

Congratulations to the new arrivals!

Haven't been on here for a while as busy with work, Xmas parties and antenatal classes. It's all starting to feel very real now, eek!

Hope to catch up in the new year and meet some of the winter babies and see how other bumps have grown!

Merry Christmas everyone!

K xx

Thank you everyone.

I also wish you all safe, quick and wonderful births wherever you are going to be.

Of course, the lucky birthpool with lots of extras is now for sale as I am not having any more kids! ?80 ONO, see link in classifieds.

Congratulations Bee. Fab news and nice quick birth too!

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! Hopefully catch up with the club in the new year- roll on maternity leave. Are there any meet ups scheduled in for the new year yet?

Caroline x

Wishing you all a very Merry Xmas.

I have been at the MAU this afternoon (cholestasis related concerns, yet again!), for a while was a bit worried that I wasn't going to get home in time to do the last Xmas Eve preparations with the kids, but phew, made it back. Nice to have a fellow winter baby club member to chat to while I was there, and glad all seemed well with her very active and noisy baby while hooked up to the CTG!

The labour ward was very very busy, I did wonder whether any of our club are in there giving birth this evening.

Looking forward to being able to catch up with you all once my pesky baby makes an appearance.

Pippa x

Merry Christmas all! I'm in the postnatal ward this morning with baby Aiko, hoping to get discharged today. No Idea what we'll be having for dinner since our planned roast certainly isn't getting cooked!

Baby arrived 30 hours after waters broke - waited it out so she could have a christmas eve birthday! And yes, labour ward has been ridiculously busy. Good luck to all the home birthers - it was good I was in hospital in the end, but did have to spend 8 hours in labour without a proper room!! Hypnobirthing was a godsend.

See you soon with babies!

Xx

Hi all and congratulations Sara.

Our baby boy arrived on Christmas Eve as well. Another fast and furious 2nd labour, baby born within 15 minutes of getting to hospital (they initially said the labour ward was closed to new admissions and I would not have made it to another hospital).

Pippa, I thought I saw you knitting as I left the labour ward (we didn't go to the post natal ward which was great) but was too spaced out to say hi!

Happy Christmas to all and I look forward to meeting the other babies and the new babies to come soon.

x Lindsay

Congratulations Sara and Lindsay on your Christmas Babies! Wonderful news!

Can't believe they were turning people away from the labour ward, where did you expect to go- a stable out the back?! Glad you both survived the craziness and hope you're both doing well with your little ones now.

Love Caroline xxx

Happy New Year ladies - did we end up with any NYE babies?

I'm now booked in for an induction so the end is in sight, depending on labour ward space I shpuls be going in around the 13th. Seems like a long time away as I'm still not getting much/any sleep, but it's better than nothing!

HI all,

Congrats to our Xmas Mums babies! It has been quiet on here the last week or two, so I hope you have all had a great and most importantly relaxing Festive season!

I have only just realised that I never managed to go to the water birth talk at Kings. I believe they are held the first ~Tuesday night of every month which would make the last opportunity for me to attend tonight, which unfortunately is going to be a squeeze. I was going some of you may have been to the talk in previous months and could advise whether it is worth taking the time to go, or whether it is in fact a waste of time! Any insight into what they actually go through would be appreciated. Can't believe I've left this until post 37 weeks - doh!!

Good luck to everyone in the next few weeks. I'll be keeping all my bits crossed for everyone - quick and smooth labours please!

Cheers all

Nicky x

Hi all

Congrats Sara and Lindsay. Had midwife apt today and apparently the whole of Xmas and New Year was busy for births at Kings and home births!

I am due on 13th, same day as your induction Pickle, but not convinced this baby will wait that long!! And thanks for your company at the MAU on Xmas eve! Baby hasn't stopped moving since, so no more scares but still swollen :-(

Looking forward to baby's arrival so as to rid myself of swelling and carpal tunnel etc!!

Looking forward to seeing you all when the new addition arrives

S

HI ladies.

Congratulations to all the new mums! Very exciting and looking forward to meeting all the new little people.

All well here although I keep having runs of BH which are scarily labour like, so am not entirely convinced this little lady is planning on staying put until my section date!

I have also just posted this in the classifieds:

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?25,811881

Do let me know if anyone would like it.

rx

Ha - I had some really terrifying Braxton Hicks contractions while making Christmas dinner. I spent about 2 hours convinced that our boy was on his way, but fortunately things calmed down. I did insist that we get the moses basked down from the loft that night, though!

Second scariest was not having a real plan about what to do with our daughter if I had actually been in labour. We have some vague plans - what have others (who have no family in the area) done with older siblings?

Ruth, I've PMd you re: TENS machine - would love to take it off you if you still have it.

Vx