Your views on Foie Gras

Thomas Micklewright

You would eat it if it was made from cats.

woodrot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I would eat foie gras, but only if I could dress

> it up as a burgular and shoot it first.

>

> / crap thread with a transparent agenda ends

Yeh I saw that, but wasn't sure if it was indeed foie gras (can't you get liver pate that isnt FG?), not sure why he isnt using the wording foie gras? I did ask Rod but he said just check the website, he didnt say yes / no.

I sign off Tom, Geoff, because I class these messages as little email type things, and it makes it less anonymous.

Tom

ps. foie gras

pps, I always thought maxi was a women - named after maxidress or something. It confuses me that people dont use their real names on this community forum!

ppps. Mamora man - please do stand up and protest, you'd be the only meat eater in dulwich to do so! Ive been trying to get a Support Your Local Butcher Day off the ground for ages but can't find anyone to help! email me on [email protected] if you can help. Im currently in talks with Franklins and Flock and Herd (Bellenden rd).

Tom Micklewright Wrote:

>

> I sign off Tom, Geoff, because I class these

> messages as little email type things, and it makes

> it less anonymous.

>

> Tom

>

>> pps, I always thought maxi was a women - named

> after maxidress or something. It confuses me that

> people dont use their real names on this community

> forum!

Whoooooooooooooooooosh!

Angela.

Oh for the love of god.

"not sure why he isnt using the wording foie gras" - well because if it's liver pate then it's not the same bloody thing. And you wonder people don't want to be involved in your butcher day..?

Tom, if you're going to protest something, at least learn what the hell it is. It lends a stealth cloak of credibility to the venture.

Do you know, I haven't eaten foie gras in a really really long time, years, but this thread is making me want to stuff my face with it in a protest against abject stupidity.

And then I'm going to KFC and eating wall to wall battery chicken.

I see you didnt comment on the fact that Alan medic also asked what liver pate is?

So he's not serving FG - not sure why he didnt answer me that in the first place on Twitter.

Amazing when it takes a vegan to set up a butcher day isnt it? Perhaps Hugeunot you could help? Or anyone else who repeatedly comments on my threads as pro-meaters. Or are you all content with merely commenting about things?

Tom Micklewright Wrote:

> I see you didnt comment on the fact that Alan

> medic also asked what liver pate is?

Plenty of people don't know what FG is, but I'd certainly expect someone who attempts to start an anti FG campaign to know.

If a pate was made from Foie Gras, the menu would say so. It would be like serving a white truffle risotto and advertising it as mushroom.

> Amazing when it takes a vegan to set up a butcher day isnt it?

It's amazing anyone would attempt to set up a butcher day, when there are queues out of the door every Saturday.

What Jeremy said, with knobs on. If I'm going to try to get something banned, I generally try to base it on something factual rather than just my own, poorly-informed, indignation.

And why on earth should meat eaters want to start a butcher day? We can't just go about our business, shopping at the butcher's as normal? We should only do it on a given day?

I'm way too lazy to look at what "a butcher day" is

Specially now the game season is upon us, I am literally fantasising about Red Leg Partridge with quince jelly

And pot roast pheasant & pigeon breast and stuff like that

See what you've done, made me hungry now

Lastly, has anyone cooked/eaten those giant African snails (?3.50 each)