EDSNUB new project community garden

monica

Hi ED,

Hope all is well in the land of ED.

Tea and Tincture workshop went very well, despite bad weather on the night. Fun was had by all, and there were plenty of teas and tinctures made, and cake afterwards. MMM nice.

As always watch this space, for future workshops.

I have also been informed the garden is blooming, all the herbs and flowers are growing so quickly, despite erratic weather conditions.

Our lovely sponsors Mc Govern Carpentry, share their enthusiasm and pride of the garden, when we speak. And again thanks to the community who continually show their support, by their actions and kind words.

Community action rocks:)

ps Just to let you know SNUB may have a new project starting in 2013, subject to successful funding. Guerilla Edible gardening. We are just looking for locations in and around the Dulwich/ED/Peckham Rye area.

pps SNUB bags 2012 will be out very soon, we are aiming for early November.

Ciao for now :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi ED Forum folks, hope all is well. I imagine you are preparing for christmas, its that time of year again, that has come round so quick. Hopefully you have had a chance to wander over to our delightful community garden, and cast your eyes and nose over the herbs, and their enticing aromas. :)

Francesca and I wander over every week now, and I think she has finally bonded with Eric:. Looking forward to the new planting season, and workshops coming up in 2013.

2013 SNUB projects will be confirmed very shortly, its very exciting, and I look forward to sharing the news with the you guys, the amazing East Dulwich Community.

Ciao for now, and community action still rocks yay.

http://www.snubdulwich.org.uk/

I'm glad to hear that Francesca has bonded with Eric!

I've started clearing Eric's bed for the next round of planting - the Mandrake and more Spikenard (which looks like it has drowned!) to start with.

Someone has donated a pile of wood chips that smell wonderful, we've asked so many people that I'm not sure who actually did it, so will find out and post it here. We need to clear the leaves from the site so that we can spread it... if anyone has any spare time, feel free to bag up leaves for recycling.

I keep meaning to pop in and pick up a SNUB bag from you, Monica, be sure to save me one!

Hi rch, I have a box of bags for you, to give away. I was at the site today and saw the woodchip, exciting. Thank you mysterious woodchip donator :) Hope fully some one will organise a Christmas get together at the garden. Eric would look fab decorated in LED christmas lights.:)

Edited because of obvious grammatical errors :)

Apologies to admin in advance, the event I have posted is to highlight the anniversary of the Hepworth statue being stolen. However there is a strong, justified connection between the Garden and the event. The event has been organised by the Vale Residents Association, who project manage the garden. Thanks admin in advance :)

Calling all Shoes 20th December.

Art happening in Dulwich Park 10am-2pm

?Two
Forms?

we 
are 
holding 
an
 art
event 
in 
front 
of 
the 
Caf?.

The
 bronze 
plinth 
that 
was 
left 
behind 
resembles 
a
 pair 
of 
empty 
shoes.
 Using
 this
 as 
our
 starting
 point,
we 
shall 
recreate
 the
 sculpture
 in
 aerial 
view
 using 
donated
 shoes.
If 
you 
would
to 
be
involved 
or
 have
 shoes
 that 
you
 are
 happy
 to
donate
 for
 this
project,
please
 contact

Heather
 Burrell
Tel.

or
 Trevor
 Moore
 Tel.

All 
the 
shoes 
will
 be
 given 
to 
local 
charities
 in
time
 for
 Christmas

Thanks

Edited twice because its been a long day. :)

Shamefully cloned from previous post. Apologies admin. Thanks as always

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, in the land of ED. Hope you have embraced the cool crisp winter with open arms. :)

Just wanted to update the lovely community of ED, with community garden news. Some or hopefully most of you may have noticed, the garden has been recently tended too by the amazing team at the Vale Residents association. Thanks to Kate Miller and colleagues for your invaluable time and energy.

The team are preparing the garden, for a fresh crop of herbs and flowers. Wanted to also say a big heart warming thank you to Charliecharlie and colleagues for helping out with the garden, and Alec Nickolic, local Landscape gardener, for all of his advice and support for the garden.

Community action is rocking, and the community garden is proof.:) Yay

ps SNUB 2013 project will be in collaboration with Southwark council and Dimitri Launder, local artist gardener. Dimitri uses Biodynamic and permaculture principles in his design work.

The project will be expanding on the 2009/2010 SNUB gardens for schools project.

If there are any parents/ teachers/headteachers from our existing school gardens:

Heber, Goosegreen, Goodrich and St Anthony's, could you please pm me. Thanks

pps SNUB Bikes for the community project in Collaboration with Stewart Vanns http://www.revolutionscycling.co.uk/ is ongoing, and we will be applying for additional funding to extend the project.

Thanks as always guys

Ciao for now.

Edited to adjust a gardening detail. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies to admin in advance, the event I have posted is to highlight the anniversary of the Hepworth statue being stolen. However there is a strong, justified connection between the Garden and the event. The event has been organised by the Vale Residents Association, who project manage the garden. Thanks admin in advance

Calling all Shoes 20th December.

Art happening in Dulwich Park 10am-2pm

?Two
Forms?

we 
are 
holding 
an
 art
event 
in 
front 
of 
the 
Caf?.

The
 bronze 
plinth 
that 
was 
left 
behind 
resembles 
a
 pair 
of 
empty 
shoes.
 Using
 this
 as 
our
 starting
 point,
we 
shall 
recreate
 the
 sculpture
 in
 aerial 
view
 using 
donated
 shoes.
If 
you 
would
to 
be
involved 
or
 have
 shoes
 that 
you
 are
 happy
 to 
donate
 for
 this 
project,
please
 contact

Heather
 Burrell 
Tel.

or
 Trevor
 Moore
 Tel.

All 
the 
shoes 
will
 be
 given 
to 
local 
charities
 in 
time
 for
 Christmas

Thanks

Edited twice because its been a long day.

Shamefully cloned from previous post. Apologies admin. Thanks as always

Hey East Dulwich Forum

SNUB would like to wish everyone a Lovely merry Christmas and a wonderful 2013.

Thanks to all the supporters of the Dulwich community garden, who have been following the progress of our delightful physic

garden, over the last year.

Thanks also to the sponsors, Mc Govern Carpentry & Design and Groundwork London.

We are looking forward to 2013, may the garden, blossom and flourish with all the love and positive energy of East Dulwich.

Thank you one and all.:)

XX

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all in the land of ED.

Happy new year, may 2013 bring you everything you wished for. :)

I have no updates, however I am checking in too ask you lovely people to take advantage of our great community garden. The evenings are getting lighter and warmer, so no excuses. :)

SNUB are busy working on our 2013 project, in collaboration with the very talented Dimitri Launder and Southwark Council.

As always watch this space, and please go along and visit our garden.

Ciao for now X

http://www.snubdulwich.org.uk/#

• 2 weeks later...

And I would like to thank Hamish Lodge from Cut Above Tree Management for donating the mulch for the garden pathways.

In December Hamish delivered an aromatic blend of pine and eucalyptus which smelled gorgeous over the Christmas holidays. The mulch was spread by the Grove Vale residents and is now bedding in to line the paths in preparation for the top layer of wood chips that Hamish is going to deliver during the winter pruning season.

It's really heartening to see how everyone is coming together in this community project!

You also might notice that Eric the Dragon has donned a Bobby Helmet in support of our community campaign to locate a Safer Neighbourhood Team police patrol base at the Gatehouse directly in front of him on the Dulwich Hospital site.

Will have to go along with Angel Cheeks (Francesca my niece) and check Eric out and the helmet. Nice one RCH.

I love this community, never ceases to amaze me, how great this community is.:)

Big thanks to Hamish.

Looking forward to seeing the garden bloom over the coming months.

Hi Monica

Do you require any volunteers at all? I am competing my level 2 apprenticeship at charity Trees For Cities and have Fridays and some weekends free. Would really like to get involved in community projects In the E.D area and meet green fingered locals and network for future job opportunities.

Thanks

Lyndsey

Hi Maria and Benners, you can join SNUB as volunteers if you want. We have just had a commitee reshuffle and we have a new chair. Our current project at the moment is the Dulwich Physic garden at Dulwich hospital.

SNUB are now working with Southwark council, who have asked us to extend our Gardens for Schools project, started in 2009, to other schools in Southwark. The SNUB Gardens for schools are GooseGreen, Goodrich, Summerhouse, Heber and St Anthony's. Funding decision is in April.

Maria was going to email you re the schools project, if you are about, can you pop in, or we can have a cuppa and a chat.

The Physic garden is project managed by Kate and Heather from the Vale residents association. PM me if you would their direct email.

Current/upcoming projects are on the website.

Cheers guys.

Community action rocks yay :)

• 1 month later...

Hey all in the land of ED, just checking in re updates on the Dulwich Physic garden. Planting season has started, so hopefully in the next few months you may see some herbs and flowers in the garden. The project managers are busy planning the next phase of the project.

SNUB are busy with the next next phase of the gardens for schools project with Southwark council and are currently waiting for the funding approval. We are also working on the next phase of the community bike project, as always watch this space for updates.

Thanks again and dont forget community action is rocking, yay :)

• 4 weeks later...

The CGS awards will be announced at the next Dulwich Community Council meeting on April 22nd.

In the meantime, I've been continuing the work on the Hogwarts Bed in the Physic Garden. But, due to the cold, I've planted this year's crop in pots in my kitchen... I've just sown the Mandrake seeds, potted three more Spikenards (after the first one went into a snit and died), plus a Ginseng.

Hey Sue, going to present the project on the 9th April to the CGS panel, wish me luck:)

RCH nice one, hopefully the weather will start warming up, so the plants and herbs can come out to play. yay :)

Glad to see that ED community action is still rocking.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, Cleaner Greener Safer have awarded SNUB funding for the School garden project. Yay, Francesca Cabrini is one of the schools, SNUB will be working with, to help encourage children to learn about Sustainability and growing your own vegetables.

Watch this space for more updates.

Thanks ED for all of your support. :)