EDSNUB new project community garden

monica

More good news, we've just heard that The No Frills Band are up for it too.

Anybody who came to the Aquarius Festival in the Summer, they played the last spot on our indoor stage (before the jazz started) and are absolutely absolutely amazing.

I think we're almost there with the music side of it now :)

:)-D

Brilliant news, thank you again so much Sue and Nyge for all your help.

Update on Weeding time and date.

To all of you lovely forumites who have offered to help, the weeding day is on Sunday 27th November from 11am to 2pm, bring your lovely selves, tools for weeding and maybe a flask of some warm thing and nourishing.>:D<. Community action rocks :)-Dhttp://snubdulwich.org.uk/

Hi All, just a sweet little reminder, to all you lovely folks of East Dulwich, Dulwich, North and South. We are still looking for keen gardeners for this Sunday to help weed our lovely physic garden. I know its cold outside, but its only 2 hours of our precious lives. And think of all that lovely fresh air, chatting with your fellow members of the community and working towards a common goal. Our little physic garden. AAHHH lovely Jubbly.

:)-D Community action rocks,

Hi All My colleague Heather, the Dulwich community garden project manager hopes to see you there tomorrow. The site needs to be clear so our lovely Sponsors Mc Govern carpentry can install the beds, in the next few weeks.

Cheers chaps :)-D

Hi All

Big thanks to all those lovely people who came along to help with weeding the site. Heather highlighted your enthusiasm for the project Hopefully between today and the next payback visit organised by Robin Crookshank-Hilton, the site will be ready for the next phase.

Plus Fundraiser for East Dulwich Community Garden! Sunday 22 January at DHFC! WIZZ JONES HEADLINING!

Tickets will be available soon at

http://www.thegooseisout.com/

Thanks again and as always watch this space for updates

HI All Just a gentle reminder that tickets for the Dulwich community Garden fundraising day are now available to buy here.

http://www.wegottickets.com/searchresults/promoter/1380/promoter

And at Healthmatters Lordship Lane

Go on treat yourself its ?5.00 a ticket, for children under 12 its free, see the http://www.thegooseisout.com/ website for more details.

All the money raised will go to building Dulwich Community garden at Dulwich Hospital. So far the only funding we have received is Groundwork London. Everything has been donated in kind by our sponsors highlighted below.

Sponsored by http://snubdulwich.org.uk/ and Barry Mc Govern and his team at Mc Govern Carpentry

Thanks Monica but that ticket link doesn't go through to the correct ticket page!

The link to buy tickets for the fundraiser is

HERE!!

Oh, and good news, The Dulwich Ukulele Club and Joe Wilkes are now on board.

For the full lineup, now all confirmed,

See Here!!

Oooops, edited again to spell ukulele properly, sorry Dulwich Ukulele Club!

Hi Forumites, just an update to let you know everything is still on course for the Dulwich Community Garden. Raised beds should be installed after Christmas by Barry Mc Govern and team.:)-D

Don't forget, the Fundraiser organised by the goose is out, you can buy tickets

from their website, or click on the link on the previous post. You can see technical is my strong point:)

I leave you with my favourite quote

Community Action Rocks :)-D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ed. SNUB Dulwich would like to wish East Dulwich A peaceful restful Christmas and a joyous new year. Thanks for your support in 2011, we look forward to 2012, with gusto and enthusiasm.

SNUB have new projects in the pipeline, alongside the Dulwich Community garden, and Bikes for the community project.

See you in 2012. :)-D

Community action rocks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Happy new year, may 2012 bring you all that you wish for.

Tickets for the Goose is out Fundraiser are available on their website

http://www.thegooseisout.com/

and at Healthmatters Healthstore

East Dulwich. ?5.00 a ticket, all donations go to the garden fund. So far the garden has been built with love from the East Dulwich community. So lets spread the love >:D<

If you fancy a jig on a Sunday afternoon, the Dulwich garden fundraiser on the 22nd Jan is just the ticket. (pardon the pun :)-D) Confirmed acts are on the Goose is out website.

Thanks as always

monica Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> Tickets for the Goose is out Fundraiser are

> available on their website

> http://www.thegooseisout.com/

xxxxxxx

You can click through directly to the ticket site from this link:

www.wegottickets.com/thegooseisout

There is also a link from our website if you want to check it all out before buying your ticket - see below!

Artists appearing are:

2pm - Rob Anderson And Friends

3pm - Fran McGillivray & Mike Burke

4pm - THE DULWICH UKELELE CLUB

5pm - Joe Wilkes

6pm - The John McLean Band

7pm - WIZZ JONES

8pm - The No Frills Band

For lots of info about the artists (and the day), see

www.thegooseisout.com

There is a 50p booking fee if you buy tickets online, so you may prefer to buy your ticket at a Goose gig or from Health Matters, and donate the booking fee to the garden!

All proceeds from this fundraising day will be going directly to the Community Garden. Everybody involved is giving their time for free, including Wizz Jones and all the other musicians, to whom we are extremely grateful.

?5 (Under 12s are FREE) is an absolute bargain for seven hours of top quality music, so we hope that if you can afford it you will wish to donate more :)

Once you have your ticket you are free to come and go as you wish all day!

Oh, and please note - this day is inside in the warmth of DHFC, not outside in the garden itself :)

Edited AGAIN to say: There will be hot food, hot drinks, a cake stall and a raffle - and the bar will be open all day with alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks available, including real ale. Hic.

Also - children are very welcome (and FREE if they're under 12!) although we have planned the day assuming that people with smaller children may particularly wish to come in the afternoon.

I Have bronze fennel seeds saved for spring sowing (let me know when you are ready and I will come and sprinkle them in the allotted place)

ps I hear that fennel seed tea boosts sex drive... whay hey, roll on Autumn 2012 when there will be enough seeds for the whole of East Dulwich!!!!

(on a more serious note.... also good for PMT)

looks lovely as a backdrop to all sorts of other herbs and plantley lovelies...

http://www.7wells.co.uk/ekmps/shops/7wells/images/bronzefennelmay.jpg

Notes off internet says as such!

Propagation:

Directly fennel sow seeds into your garden as early in the season as the ground can be worked. Sow seeds early in the season and cover with 1/4" of soil.

I love bronze fennel, and the flowers are a much nicer shade of yellow than the ordinary green fennel, I think.

The running order at the gig has been slightly amended at Wizz Jones' request so that we end on a louder note with the No Frills Band :) so I've edited my post above accordingly.

Thanks Charlie, Fennel is a Phyto-oestrogen, and it can regulate the appetite. It was used in the roman times, for digestive and sexual health. ;-)The Physic garden will have a theme, we are looking at themes at the moment. Keep you updated

What about "Tranquility, relaxation and the slower pace'

We're all effected by the ever increasing pace of life, and the benefits of a quiet green space are limitless. Children (and adults too of course!) can gain the art of patience through gardening, you can't rush a plant!

Like the Slow Food Movement, started in Itlay, there are all sorts of interesting SLOW things happening in the UK and specifically in London

We could even make the garden a 'member' of the UK Slow Movement!

http://www.slowfood.com/

http://slowfoodlondon.blogs.com/

http://www.slowmovement.com/

http://slowmovement.co.uk/about/

• 2 weeks later...

Lol Charlie, good idea, we need a form of slow movement at the moment, Life is getting a bit to fast for my liking. Edited to add, Do not forget we have the Goose is out fundraiser this Sunday at DHFC from 2pm onwards. All proceeds are donated to the garden fund. If you fancy a jig on a Sunday afternoon with your family, then get yourself along.

Great raffle prizes, good food, lots of lovely cakes:)-D and of course the wonderful musicians who have donated their time for the Community garden.

Community action rocks guys yay:)-D

They have been moved to the "for sale" section :-S

So just in case anybody should read this thread but not be looking to buy anything, here's what they said:

Raffle thread:

As part of the fundraising day this Sunday 22 January (see the links below if you don't know about it) there will be a fabulous raffle!

Tickets will be available at only a pound for a strip of five - and the tickets will be separated when the raffle is drawn, so for a pound you will have five chances to win these fantastic prizes kindly donated mainly by local businesses and residents.

Prizes include a ?40 voucher to spend at The Actress, a box of goodies from SMBS and a voucher for any pair of men's, women's or children's shoes from any Central London branch of Camper Shoes.

For a full list of the prizes so far confirmed, please see the attached list!

The raffle will be drawn at 6.45pm before our headliner Wizz Jones plays.

Sealed Bids Auction Thread

To help raise money to fund the new Dulwich Community Garden, a Sealed Bids Auction will be held at the fundraising day on Sunday 22 January (see the link below).

There are two fabulous things being auctioned:

A year's family membership to Hamlets Health Club, WORTH ?1000

and

A bespoke metalwork gate, mirror or sculpture WORTH UP TO ?450 by Heather Burrell, the talented local resident who designed the beautiful metalwork gates in North Cross Road, including at the back of The Palmerston.

Click here to see more of Heather's work!

If you would like to bid for one of these items but you aren't able to attend the fundraiser (see the link below) please PM me with your bid and contact details, saying which item you are bidding for, and I will arrange for your bid to be entered into the auction.

Bids will be opened at 9pm on Sunday night, and the winners announced.

Click here for information about the fundraising day at which the bids will be opened

Edited to change the value of the health club prize, which I had understated, sorry!

And to add how grateful we are to both the very generous donors :)

Hi All

Just to say a big thanks to all those who have bought tickets to the Fundraiser event organised by

Sue and Nyge from the Goose is out. Tickets can be bought from the Goose website, and Healthmatters, Lordship Lane

All proceeds will go to the Dulwich Community garden. As yet still no funding, only in kind support, and the project have already done so much.

monica Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Tickets can be

> bought from the Goose website

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just to be clear, there is indeed a link from the Goose website to the ticket site, but if you want to click through to buy tickets directly, this is the link to use:

www.wegottickets.com/thegooseisout

To find out more about the musicians and the day, please click here:

www.thegooseisout.com/events.html#fund

Please note that the live music starts at 2pm and ends shortly before 9pm (when we will be announcing the results of the sealed bid auction plus the amount raised by the whole fundraising day), so whether you are a lark or an owl, have children or don't, we hope that you will be able to come and enjoy at least some if not all of it!

And don't forget, UNDER 12s ARE FREE!!!!

ETA: There will be an informal jam session after the "official" Goose/fundraiser part of the day finishes around 9pm, so if you are still raring to go at 9pm the night will still be young :)