EDSNUB new project community garden

monica

Hi Woodrot, thanks for the post. However we do not need to be or do "bumped up", as I update the thread regularly, with news we receive on a daily basis regarding the community garden.

Thanks again and I am a lady :)) not a "bro"

Thanks Charliecharlie, boundaries darling, I am a big fan of Boundaries.:)-D

To the ED Community, another great update. The Dulwich community garden, may have one of the beds in the garden sponsored by a local charity, Yay. This is yet to be confirmed. However it is looking very positive, and hopefully we may have all nine beds sponsored in due course.

We are still waiting on a decision by the Metropolitan Garden Association, for funding. And in the meantime SNUB are applying for funding for other projects in the ED Community. Insomnia does have its advantages.>:D<

Hey ED what a lovely warm day, just another news update on our great project, we have 2 more sponsors for the beds. Yet to be finally confirmed, however its all looking very positive.

SNUB are planning on putting a photo gallery together of the project, we already have some photos, when the site was only a site. However we would like to record the progress. And it would be great, if you the community participated. If you are passing the garden, and you have your phone handy, can you please take a photo, and email it to me, or attach it here..

Thank you as always ED and of course lots of thanks and blessings to the East Dulwich Forum for being a great platform for the project. With your ongoing support, we have managed to build an amazing community garden with very little financial funding. However this garden was built with the heart and soul of the great ED community.:)-D

My email for any photos is

[email protected]

http://snubdulwich.org.uk/

Hi All, hope you are all well. The community of East Dulwich, have been so generous with their donations, we are now in the position to exchange 2 tonnes of soil for astro turf/turf. Not ideal we know, however because the site is on concrete, all the growing will be in the raised beds. And we want the garden to look green. If there are any gardening community groups interested in exchanging, please contact me on here, or via my email directly.

[email protected]

Cheers chaps

Hi All, hope you had a lovely break over Easter. Just a reminder, we have 2 tonnes of soil to exchange. In my previous post I had asked for astro turf, however I have been advised since then, we should not use astro turf. (you can see I have green fingers. >:D<

However if there are any other gardening community groups, who would like to do an exchange please pm me or email me. With the weather warming up, and it will warm up, we will be working on planting the donations we have received. Unfortunately we did not receive the funding we applied for from the Metropolitan Public garden association, so SNUB will carry on applying, while the gardening team carry on gardening.

As always ED watch this space for further updates

:)-D

Community action rocks.

Razors thanks for staying on topic. At the moment, we are having to rely on the funding we had from the Goose is out event, the generosity of the community and the in kind support of Groundwork London and Mc Govern Carpentry and Design. Local landscape gardener Alek who has donated most of the soil, and who has been very proactive with the in kind support, highlighted, he has no issues with us exchanging soil, and gave us a suitable alternative to work with.

We are trying our best to get the funding for the community garden, however there are so many projects, who also need funding, and the need has increased, because of overall funding cuts across the UK. Hope this answered your question.

Thanks

Monica

Hi ED forum, hope you are all well in the land of Dulwich and beyond:))

Just a wee update to let you know, SNUB have been awarded funding from Cleaner greener safer revenue. Good news, yay. I will as always keep you updated. I have been reliably informed that the Dulwich community garden is looking great, I have not had a chance to have a look, but please if you have taken any photos, attach them to this thread or email them to me.

Ciao for now lovely folks

Community action rocks :)-D

monica Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just a wee update to let you know, SNUB have been

> awarded funding from Cleaner greener safer

> revenue. Good news, yay.

xxxxx

Hey well done Monica, do you know how much?

Thanks, just awaiting confirmation via letter. So no idea how much? But we are feeling pretty elated. We have had a few blips re funding, but ever the positive, we keep on applying. Looking forward to your project Charliecharlie :)-D

Hi all, just little me again.:)) Still waiting on news re funding. However if there are any community groups, charities, or local businesses who would like to sponsor a garden bed, in the Dulwich community garden, please send me a pm.

In the meantime, if you have a chance get along and have a look, at the garden Dulwich have worked on together as a community. I have planned to take a picnic with a couple of friends, and enjoy the community spirit of the garden.

Remember guys Community action rocks, and thanks to you, we have our own Physic garden Yay

Hey ED Forum as promised the Dulwich Physic garden pics are now attached. Thanks to techno Trefor, my colleague and friend.

Beautiful raised beds built and installed by our amazing sponsors Mc Govern Carpentry and Design. Planting and materials provided by Project management team Heather, Kate and fellow members of the Vale residents association.

Ongoing support provided by SNUB Dulwich and Groundwork London

Edited because I also bunked English at school and I cant spell. :))

Hi All I have a further update on funding. Original Cleaner Greener, Safer application was for more SNUB bags, so SNUB cannot divert the funding, however we can link the bags project to the garden project. Watch this space for further news on funding.

Healthmatters Healthstore have also confirmed they will be sponsoring a bed. :))

Thanks guys

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, further update on the garden project. If you would like to sponsor a raised garden bed, the cost is ?50.00 per annum. The cost will cover maintenance of the raised bed. If you are interested please contact me. The garden is looking quite busy, and those of you who drive, live or walk by will notice, there will be work going on at the garden.

Remember community action rocks yay

http://www.snubdulwich.org.uk/