Tuesday 9th August - Any trouble affecting East Dulwich?

I've just driven up Lordship Lane - lots of shops boarded up, but pubs and some restaurants open as usual, with people sitting in the sun enjoying a drink. Nothing untoward at all. Mr Pickle has cycled home from the city, no problems at all, was able to cycle his usual route (old canal path to Peckham Pulse, Highshore Rd etc.).

For those looking to get a cab back - just got one back from islington, had to try several and the one I got took some convincing! Given it looks like transport not too badly affected, train/bus might be a better bet for now.

Trains running as normal on London Bridge to East Dulwich Line. Had to let first train go as only 2 carriages and packed with people leaving the city early. Reassuring police presence at London Bridge and no cancellations on the board.

Spoke to police in Lordship Lane mid afternoon today, they said they have no specific intelligence re anything likely to happen in this area, basically it's business as usual but obviously up to individual shop etc owners whether they shut.

However somebody else we spoke to said that a woman had previously rushed into various shops etc in Lordship Lane claiming that a mob was on its way from Camberwell, and that was why a number of shops had shut.

Lot of scaremongering about I think.

Just rode home from Borough via Old Kent Road, Peckham and Lordship Lane. To be honest, you'd barely notice anything unusual at all unless you were looking. People sat in bars in the sun, kids playing on the big playground, the usual number waiting around for buses. Nothing to see here ladies and gentlemen, move along :)

Only signs were most (not all) shops shut on LL and a few more police around. Also, I rode past the police station - no vans in the road like before but I looked through the gates and there were 3 or 4 riot vans in there. So that's reassuring :)

Left Waterloo around 4.20 and got home a while ago, lots of buses still running - just like normal.

Lots and lots of police in Elephant and Castle (at least 30, plus 5 vans) so they are definitely doing a good show of being visible etc. Almost all shops closed, boarded up if they don't have metal shutters/were already broken into.

Walked up Bellenden from Peckham Rye station half an hour ago. All ok. Half a dozen police outside the station. People about but not menacing. Bar Story open. Montpellier and Victoria Inn shut. Almost everything else closed too.

Husband just cycled home from Soho (just got home at 6.15pm). Buses and trains running. Town looks normal/quiet. Same can be said for Camberwell and all of Lordship Lane. Shops are boarded up but lots of adults in the pubs (lots of middle aged blokes - good). Buses running up and down LL.

Just got back to East Dulwich station and haven't seen anything worth worrying about

Walked up Lordship Lane and apart from a lot of shops being closed with boards to protect the windows, everything seems normal with quite a few of the usual locals about. Guy with the big husky dog gets a special mention on account of his awesome mutt.

The newsagent Mark and son is open

The grove is open

Rice and Peas is open

Texaco is open

EDT is open

Hisar is open

The Palmerston is open

Londis is open

GBK is open

Swadesh appears to be open but no customers (no change there)

Franklins is open and amongst the locals sitting outside is this one guy laid back with his hands behind his head and a big grin on his face. Not a care in the world :-)

Mr Liu looks open although it's still a bit early for them.

Let's hope this is the start of things returning to normal.

Hi everybody,

Just want to urge everybody to try an stay strong, we shouldn't be scared of these yobs, don't let them know if you are afraid, they feed on it!

They are stupid idiotic school children, would love to rob their homes and property, see how they would feel! It's so sad, yet the police are so gentle, God only knows why, even after an Innocent man had been killed, it still seems they are being 'careful'

Words are beyond me x

Thanks BrandNewGuy - that's a relief but sad for West Bromwich. There are lots of police cars screaming about, more so than usual, and I'm just off Lordship Lane. I really hope the police don't hold back now - they need some of their wonderful dogs out there barring their teeth!! That would scare some of the little b***ers!