Football Focus

jenniejenjen10

Jah bought it up again Keef, Anyway, I'm out of this thread too probably as a precusror to the whole place it's always been pretty crap, has the biggest arseh0le on the whole forum on it and I'm not happy laughing about highly unpleasant injuries with plastic fans.

Enjoy.

Perhaps you should've read the post before Jah's. This thread is crap, I don't deny it. I also dont deny that I'm I plastic fan, because frankly, I'm not sure what it means. But you're obviously hard core and genuine, so well done you, you clearly support your team properly, whatever that means. As for the biggest arsehole on this forum, there is plenty of competition for that spot, several of whom are regular posters on this very thread. At least the person you're talking about doesn't try to pretend anything.

Ooh. Chill out. I must admit, all my fault. Should never have posted. Way past it's sell by date. Apologies. It's not surprising he's now out for a month. Let's face it, a tackle like that could have broken his leg and no one wants to see that happen to anyone.

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> aaaanyway.

>

> Well done Stoke. Not a humdinger of a tie, and

> perhaps one we could (but not necessarily should)

> have won.

> Still, I've a soft spot for the Potters having

> lived there for a while, so good luck.

>

Agreed, I'm not a fan of the Stoke style of football but they seemed first to every challenge and on occasions seemed to have an entire Garrison in midfield, plus the atmosphere seemed electric, something rare these days.

I am unhappy with one thing though. The use of a towel so that Delap can bung it in with more force than usual. I don't have problem with the tactic, just the fact that the ball is made more useable for hands prior to its lobbing.

Just seems wrong, if its wet so what, it's meant to be kicked.

Sandperson Wrote:

> So, Carragher is technically challenged? And if it

> had been a Scholes tackle it would have been a

> different story. Matt, are you just back on here

> for a wind up? Liverpool hadn't done anything for

> most of the season and we hadn't been blessed with

> your company. A couple of wins and you're Jack the

> Lad again. ;)

LOL you are a funny chap... who do you support again?

Oh come on. As marvellous a player that Scholes has been he has never been able to tackle as evidenced once again by two appalling challenges against the Arse on Saturday. He was lucky not to get a booking. You'd have thought he'd have learnt by now.

Jah Lush Wrote:

> Oh come on. As marvellous a player that Scholes

> has been he has never been able to tackle as

> evidenced once again by two appalling challenges

> against the Arse on Saturday. He was lucky not to

> get a booking. You'd have thought he'd have learnt

> by now.

Indeed, Scholes was fortunate. And he has never been able to tackle and has never learnt, but is still touted as the next best thing since the second coming of Christ. Anyway,the FA cup draw looks exciting. To quote one of the the more venerable EDFers, YAWN.

'bout now Wrote:

>

>

> I am unhappy with one thing though. The use of a

> towel so that Delap can bung it in with more force

> than usual. I don't have problem with the tactic,

> just the fact that the ball is made more useable

> for hands prior to its lobbing.

>

They got told to be fair they have to give the towel to the other team too.

While I'm here it may not have been a great win but COME ON CITY! Shame I'll be on the other side of the world for the game..

Arsenal missed a chance on Saturday. Utd played five full backs and a midfield made up with three defenders but Arsenal never looked like winning, really missing a Viera or Adams to rally the troops.

Guess Arsenal would want Utd to win against Marseille tomorrow, Utd would have to play Arsenal and Chelsea after the Champions League semi-final games and the number of matches and injuries might count against them. Still a very good chance for Arsenal to win the league if they can regain their confidence.

Saw Palace lose away - again! Home form as good as Leeds, but away form the worst in the whole of the football league, at least we are only losing by one goal now rather than three or four.

???s and Keef, hope neither of you leave the thread.

As for 'plastic fans' etc. not sure who it was aimed at but think it's out of order.

At school you were a plastic fan if you didn't go the match and thus, your opinion on anything football was discredited regardless of your passion. Many kids didn't go to the match simply because they couldn't afford it.

I took this belief with me to university, (ie don't go to the match you're no fan, don't come from the town, you're a glory hunter) where, thankfully I met enough people to make me realise that overall, these claims are nonsense.

Some of the most passionate, ardent football fans I have met (unfortunately Liverpool)aren't from the city. Two of the lads I go to Everton games with are from Hertfordshire, they are both more knowledgeable and passionate about the club than I am.

It's easy enough to spot a bullshitter but to discredit everyone who neither goes to the match or hails from the appropriate town as plastic, or, unworthy of debate is a disservice to many.

That said, I do love a chorus of, 'can you spot the scouser in the kop'.

Manchester United are facing a battle to keep Nani, with the Portuguese winger telling close friends he is considering a new challenge after the Red Devils rejected his request to discuss a new contract and wage rise. The 24-year-old is only 12 months into a new four-year contract.

Full story: the Sun

Emerson Crane Wrote:

> After all the crap flying around on here after

> Nanny nearly died on the pitch after being

> mortally wounded, we should all be glad that he

> has risen, Christ like, and is able to play

> football again. Lordy, lordy its a miracle.

Here we go again. You are a bit tedious Atila.