Football Focus

jenniejenjen10

Ladymuck Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> kpc Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> >Supporting a team with no serious

> > history of achievement in 135 years...

>

> I'm curious...who is your team?

Birmingham City and proud of our negligible impact on the beautiful game.

Narnia Wrote:

> I wasn't having a pop at you LM by saying I don't

> advertise my support of MU all the time.Your

> response suggests to me that you thought I was. I

> wasn't, honest!

*smiles warmly*

I did at first...but don't now...besides, I don't think I could remain upset with you for too long.

Anyway, I am now especially delighted over the fact that we now appear to have FOUR Man. U supporters on this thread. How cool is that!

Ladymuck Wrote:

> Anyway, I am now especially delighted over the

> fact that we now appear to have FOUR Man. U

> supporters on this thread. How cool is that!

Not very cool at all especially if you're not from Manchester or should that be Salford?

It's typical of the press here I'd say. I'm not sure how many of them watch foreign matches apart from when English clubs are involved.

In fact I'd be more interested to hear what Jimmy TT has to say regarding the respective merits of Rooney and Messi as he watches a lot of Spanish football it seems!

Jimmy?

The goals scored by Messi last night seemed of similiar ilk to those Rooney would/could score until life became simple with being able to score with his head.

They both seem capable of bagging a brace every ither game - Messi 31 goles for the season - Rooney 32.

kpc Wrote:

> Birmingham City and proud of our negligible impact

> on the beautiful game.

In that case...good luck on Saturday against Sunderland.

PS: I believe my friend brum supports BC...and he's not so bad!;-)

Sandperson Wrote:

> Hurrah! Well said MM.

>

> We'll take on all comers Ruffers. You've got to

> beat the best to be the best, someday you might

> get the chance...;-)

I doubt it, we'll find a way of screwing it up before we even get there. My prediction is we finish fourth, then fail to qualify a la Everton in 2005 or whatever it was.

I always think it's a bit over the top when players get labelled the 'best in the world' on the back of half a season's worth of performances. Class is permanent and form is temporary. I'd have to say at the moment Ronaldo is the best player in the world. He is in scintillating form for Madrid and scores and/or creates goals for his teammates every week. And he has done this consistently for the past 3 seasons at least. Rooney and Messi are both in superb form and both young. It's hard to say who is the best because they play in different positions. Messi patrols the attacking third, usually coming in from the flanks, whereas Rooney is more central and doing most of his work in and around the box at the moment. The world cup will truly decide who is the real world class players are.

Jah Lush Wrote:

> Narnia Wrote:

> -----

> > >

> > And where you you hail from Jah?

>

> London.

Would you be more specific? London is a big place and has a lot of football teams. If that question is too difficult can you say if you were born in Tottenham?

Narnia Wrote:

> Jah Lush Wrote:

> -----

> > Narnia Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > >

> > > And where you you hail from Jah?

> >

> > London.

>

> Would you be more specific? London is a big place

> and has a lot of football teams. If that question

> is too difficult can you say if you were born in

> Tottenham?

Get off my case Declan. At least I'm from the same city as the team I support. Those conversations have been done to death on here so let's not repeat them. OK. Hands up I was probably in the wrong if you're gonna say I started it. Where were you born - Narnia?

Mick Mac Wrote:

...but Rooney has added a lot to

> his game with his heading ability.

Agreed. His performance was especially stupendous in the last two matches (in my most humblest of opinions).

Messi, Rooney, Ronaldo and Kaka and a little while ago when he was in his pomp Ronaldinho are all exceptional players that bring something different to the table. No doubt at the World Cup we'll see another player come from nowhere to join their little club.

Xavi and Iniesta should also be regarded as truly world class players who each have a shout as best player in the world. They don't score the goals that the others do, but their influence on games can be just as outstanding. Xavi is my favourite player right now and is a fantastic little midfielder. He is the fulcrum of an outstanding Barcelona team and really makes them tick. Iniesta is a world class dribbler and has great close control and a fantastically positive attitude, which you need to have if you want to take players on. Torres, when on form, is also a world class performer.