Too many Foxton minis (Lounged)

mouse

I'm not trying to defend Foxton's but this does just seem to be a Foxton bashing exercise. The real issue is the number of cars on the road which isn't going to diminish in the near future. Part of the problem is caused by property developers that split the lovely Victorian houses into multiple flats, especially in that part of ED where often the roads are just too narrow or (quite rightly) residents have created off st parking thus further reducing parking space.

I like Monica's idea with a slight tweak. Use part of the Dulwich Hospital grounds to build a multi-storey underground car park. The hospital can then be part funded by drivers. Then set up an ED Congestion Zone banning all cars except residents and electric/hybrid vehicles. That way we could also easily pedestrianise parts of ED like Northcross Rd.

YOu are right LL - the situation of pavement dropping has reached manic pace in the likes of Ashbourne grove now, with all & sundry rushing to reserve their own bit of parking. very community minded.

But foxtons are a particulary odious bunch. they have it coming

flong Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I know that someone on Nutfield Road did phone

> Foxtons to complain about all the parking spaces

> being filled. They were called back promptly - and

> told to "@#$%& off".

***this is not intended as a rally call or an instruction to commint any crime - this is just a thoughtful meandering***

***Snorky does not condone criminal damage or harrasment***

direct action people.

Dont give these parasites any room - dont give them any excuse or leeway - scum

take ED back - foxtons take advantage of peoples reticence to get involved - make them pay every time they clutter the streets with their vulgar little company cars

these people drive whilst on the phone, they park carelessley , make congestion even worse, and damage the environment and your families health.

make them pay.

every little action a resident can take will mount up.

when their bonuses get hit with deduction for new tires every week or two, a new paint job or a good valet - they will get the message

this companies ethos is rapacious and bullying

they dont care for you

they dont care for the area

they will suck every penny out of the market, then like a swarm of locusts, they will get into their their nasty little german cars & move onto the next victim

sorry off topic but Foxtons related: we were walking past Foxtons Late on a Saturday night a couple of weeks a go I saw this just inside their door:

Image124.jpg

it's a piece of cardboard which had been put through their letter box saying "TURN YOUR LIGHTS OFF"

**This isn not an instruction - merely an observation - snorky does not condone or solict criminal activities**

apparently two of the favoured approaches to dealing with badly parked cars are:

kebab grease smeared on the windsceen - in the winter, this is nearly impossible to move without serious time , effort & enrgery being extended - valuable sales time will be lost as hapless salesman find his car efectively immoblised for the morning

Perfume that had " gone off" - poured into the air intake below the windscreen will render a modern A/C car useless until the sealed system can be stripped and rebuilt, due to the stench and damage that may occur.

time lost = money lost

Snorky - **This is not an instruction - merely an observation - snorky does not condone or solict criminal activities**

Maybe not, but Abu Hamza ran this same line as his defence and he won't be released for another year or so!!

(I hasten to add that I'm not comparing you to that loser!)

alachlan Wrote:

> Worse than the Foxtons cars are the "tourists"

> that clog up the local roads during the day when

> they drive in to use the station. Surely this is a

> good argument for permits - not small zones but

> just a permit for the area.

I'm not generally a fan of permits, but I quite like schemes where permits are only needed between, say, 11am and 11.30am, which locals can work around while commuter tourists are completely stuffed.

>>How do their actions constitute selfish, inconsiderate, cynical, anti-social and "wrong" compared to any almost other >>driver??? >you glibly dismiss "car culture" but don't, in any way whatsoever, back up your statement. Tell me, how does the over->>abundance of cars on the suburban street contribute positively to our lives?<<

I did not dismiss "car culture" in any general way, but in its specific use in an argument to defend (apparently) the current Foxton's infestation. Foxton's are using these vehicles in a substantially different manner to most residents' use of their cars. And as for the "overabundance of cars on the suburban street" you'd have to ask each owner how his/her car contributed positively to their own lives. Whilst there's obviously a substantial downside to having so many cars in streets that were never designed with car-ownership in mind. let's not also lose sight of the fact that the spread of car ownership to the - ah - less well-heeled was possibly the most liberating phenomenon of the post-war era.

Oh and I cherish your posts too :)-D

dulwichbloke Wrote:

> Snorky - **This is not an instruction - merely an

> observation - snorky does not condone or solict

> criminal activities**

>

> Maybe not, but Abu Hamza ran this same line as his

> defence and he won't be released for another year

> or so!!

>

you'll never take me alive coppers

Im On top of the world ma ..etc

>

heh heh - Cheers Simon

I'm not suggesting that people don't need cars and therefore should give them up. What I'm suggesting is that car-owners deal with the fact that other people have cars too. Infinite growth but finite space. There is no right to a space on the street where they live. Why can't I cordon off my square metres and have a little garden. Nope, just for cars apparently

As a rule people who own DVD players of refrigerators are pretty relaxed about who else has one ;-)

As for "needing" cars - based on all the available evidence* let's be honest. Most people who say the need a car because of where they work versus where they live would never, in a million years, actually live closer to work and use public transport. Because it's not need, it's desire. And that's fine so long as they realise the problem they are complaining about is caused by them

* ie my opinion

The spread of cars was certainly a powerful liberating force once upon a time. But we are past that now surely? Again, my main point is where is it going. Fast forward 5-10 years and where do people think this is going to go?

How many more cars on your street?

Where do you park then?

How much will petrol/congestion charges/other dissuasions have to cost before people try a plan B?

Far from liberated, drivers appear to be endlessly upset with othe people (other drivers, Gordon Brown, Shell, speed cameras) I constantly hear people bleat on about the congestion charge with an argument that goes:

"I live on the edge of the congestion zone but my newsagent/florist is just inside - so it costs me ?8 to buy a newspaper!!!! Outrageous!"

Not as outrageous as the person getting off their fat arse and walking the hundred bleedin yards obviously...

Anyway, that drink..... ;-)

1. I think we should stop all the LL traders from parking in any of the side streets.. it seems fair. Same rule for everyone.

2. Anyone who can't show this month's copy of SE22 'magazine' should be made to park in an underground lot in Catford and walk over hot coals to get to these hallowed streets.

3. Seal off the channel tunnel.

>>What I'm suggesting is that car-owners deal with the fact that other people have cars too. Infinite growth but finite >>space. There is no right to a space on the street where they live. Why can't I cordon off my square metres and have a >>little garden. Nope, just for cars apparently<<

You say nothing in this message I disagree with really - I think we've all come to accept we have no right to park on "our" road, and that sometimes you get unlucky with the family next door but one who owns 3 or 4 cars. Going back to the seed message in this thread though, I think there is a substantial difference between living with this latter situation on the one hand and on the other with the business in the next street persistently parking 8 or 9 of it vehicles outside, using a residential road as its own free car park. I think this is more than just a difference of degree - it's frankly taking the piss...

1. I think we should stop all the LL traders from parking in any of the side streets.. it seems fair. Same rule for everyone.

2. Anyone who can't show this month's copy of SE22 'magazine' should be made to park in an underground lot in Catford and walk over hot coals to get to these hallowed streets.

3. Seal off the channel tunnel.

I live just off Grove Vale but it's SE15 so I don't get SE22 magazine. Can't I just walk to Lordship lane? That sounds like an awfully long commute to get my William Rose sausages :)

"I'm not generally a fan of permits, but I quite like schemes where permits are only needed between, say, 11am and 11.30am, which locals can work around while commuter tourists are completely stuffed."

That wouldn't really prevent the growing nuisance of estate agents' cars though.