Moxon's Next Door Opens Tomorrow

I'm sure it'll be great and I wish it well... but.... I am getting a bit fed up with small plates. There are some great restaurants, with delicious food, but I still kinda want a proper meal (starter, main etc). It's becoming a bit hackneyed.

Personally, I never really got the point in 'tapas restaurants' - it'a a bit of an oxymoron. Surely tapas is best enjoyed as bar food, slowly grazing over many drinks - a wonderful way to spend a lazy afternoon.

Louisa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Well done for the edit robbin, don?t want anyone

> to notice yet another spelling faux pas eh? ;-)

>

> Louisa.

Ha ha! Nice try Louisa - but my edit was merely to add your name - because I wasn't sure you would 'get' it unless I did so!

Seemingly, my picking up on your poor grammar and spelling still stings? Don't worry - if you wait long enough I'll make a typo and then you can legitimately post something in response!

Louisa Wrote:

> I love seafood, and the menu looks resonanly

> balanced to me. I would be more comfortable with a

> few small plates and a glass of wine anyway. If

> I?m not stuffed after that, a cheeseboard would

> help.

>

> I?m historically not a fan of Moxon?s per se, I?ve

> always been a Sopers customer. However, this menu

> doesn?t look bad at all. I?d give it a go.

>

> Louisa.

Sopers is far superior to Moxons. Moxons is totally overrated with rude unhelpful staff.

There will be the Usual E.D. Elite reporting back after their expensive experience at this new venue.

There were a few local business owner 'Faces' when I walked past last night at 10.30pm

Other eateries are available in the area.

Foxy.

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Sopers is far superior to Moxons. Moxons is

> totally overrated with rude unhelpful staff.

>

> There will be the Usual E.D. Elite reporting back

> after their expensive experience at this new

> venue.

> There were a few local business owner 'Faces'

> when I walked past last night at 10.30pm

>

> Other eateries are available in the area.

>

> Foxy.

DF - hadn't you got the message that that sort of posting is no longer acceptable?

"It seems every time a review opportunity pops up on this forum, it?s like a episode of four in a bed. Nit picking to the extreme. Give them a chance at least!

Louisa."

Hi everyone,

We appreciate all the feedback but you really must give us a try before making up your mind.

Our fish to share tonight is Wild Bass from South Wales (800g) which is ?35 for minimum two people.

Our second fish to share is Gurnard which is from New Haven (700g) and is ?20 for minimum two people.

The small plates can be seen as starters but we found during our research that some people just wanted a few small plates to share.

The menu on the website is a sample menu as it will change regularly depending on season and fish prices and we don't want to be misleading.

We really look forward to seeing you

Moxon's Next Door

robbin Wrote:

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> > Sopers is far superior to Moxons. Moxons is

> > totally overrated with rude unhelpful staff.

> >

> > There will be the Usual E.D. Elite reporting

> back

> > after their expensive experience at this new

> > venue.

> > There were a few local business owner 'Faces'

> > when I walked past last night at 10.30pm

> >

> > Other eateries are available in the area.

> >

> > Foxy.

>

> DF - hadn't you got the message that that sort of

> posting is no longer acceptable?

>

> "It seems every time a review opportunity pops up

> on this forum, it?s like a episode of four in a

> bed. Nit picking to the extreme. Give them a

> chance at least!

>

> Louisa."

May I ask you this robbin. Why have you not actually contributed any relevant opinions to this thread, and instead have exclusively taken aim on my posts, and now Foxy, with a rather poor attempt to create division in the ranks. It?s quite pathetic.

Back on topic, I would like to wish this new venture the very best, and I personally am pleased to see a fish restaurant with small plate options.

Louisa.

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Moxons is totally overrated with rude unhelpful staff.

I have always found the exact opposite of this to be the case.

We?re blessed to have two fish shops in the area. I?ve used both at various times, tho Moxon?s more of late.

I?m happy to see them expand into Next Door.

Other posters like Fox have their opinion and like to express it as they choose. But if I were that new business I?d make that my last post from the business.

I can see we?re on the cusp of entering ?silly season? on the EDF

For further history of where this might go you don?t have to look to far on this forum.

So good luck and please remember there is life beyond here.

We?re blessed to have two fish shops in the area. I?ve used both at various times, tho Moxon?s more of late.

I?m happy to see them expand into Next Door.

Other posters like Fox have their opinion and like to express it as they choose. But if I were that new business I?d make that my last post from the business.

I can see we?re on the cusp of entering ?silly season? on the EDF

For further history of where this might go you don?t have to look to far on this forum.

So good luck and please remember there is life beyond here.

A friend and I had lunch there yesterday. We had four small plates, a couple of sides and dessert.

Everything delicious and well put together. Staff were lovely, our main server was excellent, she was very knowledgeable about the menu, ingredients, wine list etc. Hopefully we'll go back there for dinner at some point soon.

We went Wednesday night...

It?s really nice in there, the refurb is good.

We opted not to go for a whole fish, but those and the sharing platter come with sides, sauces etc.

Prices are good and the food was great.

Staff were really good and asking for feedback given it?s so early on.

We had one minor comment on a dish and they knocked it off the bill which was totally unnecessary!

Wine is all fairly priced and they offer carafes.

All in all we liked it and will go back...

Often there is only one fish dish on a restaurant menu so it?s nice to try a few different things.

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Moxons is

> totally overrated with rude unhelpful staff.

I completely disagree with this - I have been going to Moxon's since I moved to East Dulwich almost eight years ago and I have never experienced rude unhelpful staff. In fact it has always been the opposite - helpful, good with suggestions and always chatty.