Spring babies club (due March/Apr/May 2012)

Congrats Olivia and Emily. Emily did the Tens machine help?

Nikki and Jane had no idea your boys also had tongue ties. Crazy how common this is. Both my boys had them. First son diagnosed late at 6 weeks and did take a while after the snip, he had to relearn how to feed basically but did get it but unfortunately he had already done me some mega damage. Sam's one is far less severe and they didn't actually snip it.

In terms of feeding, my toddler was also a nightmare in the early weeks, clambering all over me and attention seeking but is better now he is used to it and quite helpful at times (sam is 9 weeks now)Tried to time feeds with his meals,snacks etc and used lots of cbeebies, iPhone or iPad apps etc.

5-7 time is still tough but there was a great thread on here a while back about good routines. I just make sure that I have my toddlers milk, pj s etc all ready in the bathroom and then try and bundle both boys out and give them milk ASAP otherwise get total meltdown from both!

Hope to make this Tuesday as keep missing them!

X

Hi nikki,

Isaac was diagnosed as well with posterior tounge tie and high palate but in the end was not snipped as bf would still not have worked out, too much damage caused already.

He is apart frm reflux doing really well now.

Hope your lil man is getting better real soon.

Love caroline

Congratulations Emily and Olivia, Olivia our babies share the same birthday! Maggie arrived 2 weeks late after a 3 day induction at kings but we are home now and getting to know her and loving every minute so far. I am up for meeting up but think tomorrow is a bit optimistic too as I am still a little sore ;(

Hope all other mums and babies are well...looking forwar to meeting everyone at the gardens cafe next Tuesday...

Lucy xxx

Congrats Lucy! 3 day induction sounds awful, hope you're recovering well :-)

Thanks for advice ladies Sam had posterior tongue tie and a short tongue so bf all very 'gummy'. We've now moved onto bottles as things didnt really improve and i was getting v stressed!! Things now much better, although have to stop eating cake every day now!!

Nikkix x

Morning ladies. I last went to the coffee morning pregnant. We had Isabel on 1 May at home - unplanned - and following a super-quick abour fueled by 2 paracetamol and Tens. There were complications with Isabel so had 5 days at Kings but we're home now and doing well. Woud love to meet up next week if people are about. Lorna (5am feed)x

Hi All, annoyingly I won't make the gardens today as I have a feeder on my hands and midwife visit between 12-1pm. Dexter has hit the two mark and seems to have developed an appetite (eventually).

Nikki - hope stress levels have fallen now Sam's on the bottle, I must say I'm a bit jealous of you!! Bottle is so quick and much easier with hyper toddler flinging themselves around in too close proximity to nipples clamped in baby's mouth. Oh the joys of the early weeks - is it wrong to wish time would fast forward a few months?!?

Anyway, hope all is well with everyone and look forward to catching up next week as I'll make that one so see you there.

Jane x

Hello Ladies,

Just wanted to say Congratulations to all the new deliveries!

I have been an absent friend on the forum for nearly a month but I do think of you all, & can't wait to join a meet up again soon.

The last event I made it to was a breakfast at Franklins on the 14th attended by an elite gang of half a dozen of us, it was so lovely & the chats & warmth with the other Mummys and Mums-to-be really gave me a boost.

Allegedly I have 2 days to go, but I think it will be longer... my little one seems perfectly content sticking around inside, amusing himself by kicking my ribs black & blue!

Good Luck to everyone else who is still waiting...

XX from Elisabeth

Hello all,

Congratulations to all new mums!

Just wanted to say that we had a tiny baby girl, Hannah, on 7 May after 3 days of induction! Lucy, I know how it felt!

Also getting out of hospital seemed an impossible feat!! But, the main thing is that we are home now and getting used to a life with a busy toddler and new baby!

Hopefully see you all next Tuesday in the Gardens.

Sasha

xxxx

Hello

Congratulations to all new babies and mums! I haven't managed to make it to the gardens yet, but Williams got his jabs tomorrow at 10 so depending how he (and me) are will hopefully make it. Would be great to catch up!

Catherine

Hello Ladies,

I'm hoping to join you tomorrow at The Gardens, if there's room for one more?

Am currently 4 days overdue, with my little one showing no signs of wanting to appear!

Would be lovely to catch with you and meet some new arrivals.

X from Elisabeth

Hello Ladies,

Nice to see those at the Gardens today. We had a chat about trying to do some exercise together. After a bit of research it would appear there are enough exercises you can do with baby in a sling [and lying on a blanket for a quick stomach exercise] for us to set up a little circuit session in the park.

Does anyone fancy this? I need to point out I am in no way qualified to instruct anyone in the ways of physical fitness [so injuries would be your own liability] but I reckon we could have a laugh trying them. The more people looking like idiots in the park the less we look like idiots right? :)

Any thoughts one when? We could do it on a Tuesday on the Rye before the Gardens meet up? Or 10am on a Friday at Lucas Gardens in Camberwell and then go for tea and crumpets at the Crooked Well?

Jayne