New cheese stall at ED Warehouse

Mootown

Dear All

We?re opening a cheese stall in the ED warehouse in a few days time. We?re passionate cheesemongers and are very excited about our new venture which will focus on artisan cheeses from across Britain particularly Wales. In addition we?ll be launching a cheese club which amongst other things will offer you the chance to meet some of the heroes behind our cheeses over a nice lazy weekend lunch in Dulwich.

The Warehouse plans to open this week and it?d be great if you could pop by over the weekend to sample our cheeses. If not look out for our herd of Mootown Freisian friends roaming around Lordship Lane on Saturday 17th November. If you?d like to join our cow parade or know any passionate cheese sorts interested in doing some part time work we?d love to hear from you.

All the best

The Mootown Collective

I guess that the Cheese stall is in competition with the Cheese Block. But even the Cheese Block has to contend with the reputation of the Cheese Nazis in Highbury. Cheese!

Cheese announcements in triplicate? And the ED Warehouse coming to blows with the residents? Too much drama for a Tuesday.

Charlie

despite some previous comments about the cheese block - i love it, and if you ask for a cheese that makes the owner tick ( apparently Liverot!) then you will be splashed with love and little extra bits and ohhhh try this if you like this you will love ..... but I am always happy to try something new, i love any thing strong and vaguely local, I think cheese, and more so beer, does not travel well.... so give me something glorious from Pwellhili above some thing mundane from Holland...

Good luck to a welcome new business in the area....

Dx

Popped into the Warehouse, chatted to or own EDF representative (bookshop - first stall - good position - bodes well). Cheese place was friendly and quite Welsh - tried a few samples and made a purchase. There is room for more stalls and the Oyster(?) place at the back looked fun, but as I dont like Oysters I didnt try.

Staggered back with bread from the Deli, more cheese from the Block, a book from Cheners and some foot cream from the Coop. Fun.

I did try the oysters and they were very yummy. Also I am feeling extremely horny and have a very large hard-on so what they say about their aphrodisiac powers must be true!!! They have two types of oysters, one smaller wild oysters from something Bay (can't remember the name, all the blood has flown away from my head!) and larger farmed oysters from Scotland. Opened in front of your very eyes, a dash of lemon, drop or two of Tabasco and some slivers of garlic - down the hatches straight from the shell and Bob's your uncle!

I would like to strongly recommend this consumable except the excessive breeding habits of ED'ers make me reluctant to do anything that would increase local libido levels!