Men and women...Mixed Footie at Peckham Rye Park

Re-re

Hi Alice,

We are more than okay with people not having played for years, or not played at all. That's what we're all about! We're a chilled out group with no particular rules other than to have fun, play nice and be up for coming down the pub / going out for coffee every now and then :))

Some people play in shin pads whereas others don't, I personally don't but it's totally up to you!

Come down and see what you think!

Michelle

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the popularity of the Saturday game, and also because of people's schedules, we're going to try an additional game on Sundays starting from tomorrow.

It is going to be slightly different to the Saturday game though:

(1) Less physical, to be more suitable and welcoming for those less inclined to the more physical game.

(2) Punctual. Meeting at 11am, kicking off very shortly after. Please be on time. Repeat offenders will not be able to play.

(3) Have fun! We don't take ourselves too seriously. We don't need a ref and we want to keep it that way!

All levels, sexes and ages (obviously not children) are welcome! It's free to all and a great way to get to know people from the area.

If you think you would prefer a more competitive game we are now reopening Saturday's to new players.

And of course for those busy at the weekends we also play on Wednesday evenings at DHFC from 7pm on pitch 3 - cost is a fiver to cover the pitch hire.

Thanks all and hopefully we'll see some new faces soon :-)

Michelle

Hi All

We're having a special game to celebrate our group becomming 1 year old on Saturday 9th June at 11am on Peckham Rye Park, opposite The Clockhouse pub. Followed by local drinks in the evening. It's open to everyone so if you've only played once, or have been planning to come but haven't gotten around to it yet, this is the perfect opportunity to join in! For more information join our Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/edffootball/

Our next game is on Wednesday at Dulwich Hamlets, pitch number 3. Kick off is at 7pm and we play until 8.30pm. The cost is ?5pp to cover the pitch hire, but our other games (Saturdays and Sundays in the park) are free.

We're open to all levels whether you've never kicked a ball before, or if you haven't played for years, everyone is welcome!

See you soon,

Michelle

Hi All,

Just a reminder about Saturday; We're having a special game to celebrate our group becomming 1 year old at 11am on Peckham Rye Park, opposite The Clockhouse pub. Followed by drinks in the evening at 8pm in The Draught House, Lordship Lane. It's open to everyone so if you've only played once, or have been planning to come but haven't gotten around to it yet, this is the perfect opportunity to join in! For more information visit our Facebook group East Dulwich Forum Football.

See you then! And see you later to those who are playing tonight!

Michelle

...glad to see you got home OK, michelle-b...

Crikey...yes...the bibs...thank you for reminder...have now written myself a note and placed at the head of the stairs...

Am going to have to set alarm clock...head full of prosecco...great evening though...

Looking forward to our Anniversary game...and a hair of the dog...with coffee and sandwich in between (obviously)...

Hey Sally,

Sunday's are on a week by week basis until they get a bit more established. If you join our Facebook group you can keep up to date with things. Our group is called East Dulwich Forum Football. If you're not on FB I can PM you when I now for sure.

Hope to see you soon!

Michelle

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I'm collecting names of people who want to play footie with us on Wednesday evenings and want to book in advance. Our next block of 10 sessions will begin on 8th August. I'm not sure of the cost until I have confirmed numbers but it is looking to be less than ?30 per player. If interested please head over to our Facebook group "East Dulwich Forum Football" or PM me. We play 7pm - 8.30pm on Wednesdays at DHFC AstroTurf pitches to the rear of the club. Individual sessions are ?5 each.

This doesn't affect the Saturday games which are still free and kick off at 11am sharp on the Rye opposite The Clockhouse pub.

See you soon!

Michelle

• 2 months later...

As promised: Neil...don't forget to bring your ?25 next week in respect of the next 10-week block-booking period. :)

To anyone else who isn't on our Facebook page and wishes to join our fab group, we KO @ 11.00am Sats. @ PRP and @ 7pm Weds. on the astroturf pitches at the rear of DHFC. Sats are free; Weds. cost ?5 PAYG to cover the hire of the pitch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For the benefit of non-Facebook-Neil and others wishing to join our group (cut and pasted from FB ):

"Next week will be week 6 of the current block-booking period, which means it's time to start thinking about whether you want to be included in the next 10-week block. The poll will close at midnight on 1st December, which gives you just over two weeks to make up your minds, after which time you will not be allowed to block-book for the next period - though you will still be able to play on a PAYG basis. Also, I would ask that you click "yes" only once absolutely certain that you wish to commit, as to have to recalculate individual costs and to request further monies from members who are expecting to pay ?X post calculation is a pain in the arse and unfair. Some points to help you decide:

- the greater the number of block-bookers, the cheaper the cost;

- a sizeable chunk of the kitty will go towards the cost, reducing it further;

- the last session under this BB period is 19th December;

- in order to allow for Xmas/NY holidays, the new BB period will resume on 9th January 2013."

----------------------------------------

Should you have any questions please speak to a member of the Group's Admin Team (Irena, Michelle, and James) as I am merely the Wonga Collector. :))

@ Mark and the EDF Admin team: thank you for this Forum xx