Men and women...Mixed Footie at Peckham Rye Park

Re-re

Hehee it was fun wasn't it. Thanks UDT, I had a great night.

Ok folks, Michelle isn't coming tonight cos she's busy objectifying women in Mayfair tonight...lucky buggar! Anyway, that means I'm collecting the cash and tonight is your last chance to hand over your money for the block booking because it's going straight to Roger to book the next ten sessions. I'm not gonna sugar the pill - if you forget your money, you'll be letting the WHOLE team down, so just don't :D

Also, if you have forgotten any pay as you go subs I can collect that as well...

See you later!

AH HA there you are!

Have asked on our Special Football Group FB page but may as well ask here...just in case...

Anyway...from which date will the new block booking be taking effect. Am wondering whether, if sessions are going to be starting from Jan. 2012, I might risk paying the block booking (bargain) fee. Or am I too late? Or too optimistic even?:-S I have itchy feet.

Also, I have found another lady who is keen to join us...woo hoo!

Ok the next Wed block booking is paid for! 10 weeks from the 11th Jan 2012. I'm not sure why we're resuming 11th Jan - I had it written down so I hope that's right, gives us chance to get Christmas/New Year out the way at least.

Roger had gone home, but I got a hand written receipt from Martin at reception. I had to borrow some money from the kitty to pay for the booking as some people haven't had chance to pay their share yet, but when everyone's paid up we'll have quite a bit left over for some goals. Anyway, it's all on Facebook, spreadsheets and all so I wont repeat everything here.

Great game tonight even if it was a bit nippy. Hope Eric's toenail is ok :S

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Just come across this.. Ive never actually played football properly, however I play Gaelic football on Peckham Rye in the summer. Im looking for something as Im quite unfit due to an injury last year and want to get back into some sort of sporting activities. Do you still do Saturdays on Peckham Rye?

Thanks

Dawn

Hi guys,

Thanks for your interest in playing with us. We play on Saturday's at 11am on Peckham Rye Common opposite the clock house pub (at no charge) and on Wednesdays, from this Wednesday, at 7pm, pitch 3, at DHFC (?5 per session). Unfortunately we are at capacity for both days so we can't guarantee places. You are more than welcome to come along, but please be aware that, depending on numbers, you might not be able to play.

Cheers,

Michelle

That's fine, is there a mailing list I can be added to for future matches or should I just keep an eye on this thread?

I can't make this Wednesday but from next week would be interested in coming along every week.

Cheers for the reply

Sorry for any PM's I may have missed on this thread but please note the new opening message...we are full for the time being on both Saturday and Wednesday and sadly cannot accept new players. I will re-post when this changes. So sorry to anyone that we cannot accommodate right now :(

PSJ Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> To anyone still looking...I'm sure if you try to

> set something up, you'll get players signing up.

> I imagine there is a lot of interest out there.

I may be interested in doing this in the next few weeks, although I'm still scarred from organising 5 a side with my company in the past!

Re-re Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If you organise and need players and it is not sat

> at the time we play I would join if you have

> space! I'm sure some others of our group would

> too. Keep us posted ;)

I'll see if someone else steps up in the meantime!

I'm starting 5 a side in Brixton from tonight for 8 weeks and from then on would be a good time for me, so we'll see.

• 3 weeks later...