Beach house in Cornwall

morty

Hi,

My wife and I live in East Dulwich and have recently bought a little beach house down in Cornwall with my parents.

It's on Whitsand Bay on the south coast of Cornwall, has 180 degree knockout views out to sea and is a 10 minute walk to the beach. It's just west of Plymouth so not too far into Cornwall which makes getting there a little easier.

It's properly beautiful, so if you're looking for some time out to kick back and relax or some lovely coastal walks then it's pretty damn perfect! Great for kids too with the beach being a stones throw away.

It has one bedroom but also has a sofa bed in the living room, so it can sleep four comfortably.

It has a deck at the front where you can sit and watch the sunset and a woodburning stove for cosy winter evenings.

It's all about comfort and feeling like you can properly chill out.

So if you're after a weeks holiday or a w/e break then it's the perfect place.

Please let me know if you're interested and I'll forward pictures.

regards,

morty

[email protected]

Hi,

Yeah, you can't beat it! We're off there this w/e.

Pricewise, the following:

Weekly:

Peak (June, July, Aug, Sept) 550p/w, 160 for 2 days, 225 for 3 days

Mid (March, April, May, Oct) 420p/w, 140 for 2 days, 195 for 3 days

Low (Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb) 350p/w, 120 for 2 days, 165 for 3 days

Obviously, Easter, Christmas, Summer will fall into peak.

ta,

Hi Charley,

That's quite alright I know what you mean about the "second home" thing. My folks live in Cornwall and experience it first hand.

What we're trying to do with our cabin though is not to treat it as a second home. When there's no-one in it my folks go and stay there. Its handy as my step-father works as a volunteer coastguard at the local station. There is a local cafe and a restaurant which need continual support and we're trying to encourage people to use the local shops rather than taking a big bag of shopping down with them. In the local village there is a fantastic grocery shop (a smaller version of everyones favourite SMBS on Lordship Lane). There are local farms to buy meat and eggs from and a fish market in Looe where you can buy fish straight from the sea.

As I see it and having links with cornwall, getting people down there to spend quality time and spend their hard earned cash on local businesses ain't such a bad thing.

ta,

I believe so yes, but naturally you'd have to allow additional time.

Bus/train to Plymouth and then another bus. However being quite remote the service is only hourly. It wouldn't be like waiting for a bus on Lordship Lane.

If you're flush, then approx ?25 from the station to the cabin via the ferry.

Millbrook is the nearest village, about a mile and a half away. You could walk it for supplies or I beleive one of the locals has set up a delivery service. I'm there this w/e so will look into that.

ta,

• 5 months later...

Hi,

You're absolutely right! Funnily enough last time we were there we were informed that the 81 bus does indeed go from the station all the way up to the cabin. The stop is literally 50 yards away. Very handy.

Also, some friends recently visited taking the train from Paddington to St Germans(home to the Port Eliot estate). This is only a few miles away so would be a lot cheaper if you were to take a cab. I'll check to see if buses go from there. Could you let me know where you got the bus info from? I found the bus company website extremely hard to navigate when I checked last year.

cheers,

I passed through this weekend. To be honest we walked from Mt.Edgcumbe to Kingsand/Cawsand and caught the bus from there. But I know you can catch it from Bretonside or Royal Parade in Plymouth. You go across the Torpoint Ferry and I think it takes about 45mins all told.