EDF Cinema

mockney piers

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> HonaloochieB

>

> Not JUST Mott the Hoople but Microdisney/Fatima

> Mansions too? Some kind of musical angel!

>

> I loved Microdisney as I grew up in Cork but it

> was the Mansions which made me realise how broad

> "rock" music could be. I still think no-one has

> come close. Coughlan's solo career has touched on

> both band's styles but is mostly a thing of

> itself. And what a thing that is

>

> If you haven;t seen him live of late you must -

> there simply isn't anyone else like him

I#ll keep an eye out for him, sean cheers

• 3 weeks later...
My latest LoveFilm selection included Hilary Swank's film "Freedom writers". The fact that it is about a middle-class white teacher turning round a class of low achievers in LA had me worried since I usually distrust films that are "based on a true story" but have to say, despite a touch of sentimentality in places, this one was moving and satisfying.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a few peeps round for a film last night and played Tell no one. Wasn't sure what everyone thought of it really, and for me, having watched it a second time, the ending was a bit too cheesey and French. That said it was still great in my opinion.

Have leant someone the book, as I'm interested to see what someone else thinks having seen the film and read the (very American) book.

Haven't watched much else recently, been too busy with The Wire.

Watched Atonement last night. Thought is was good. Can't get over how annoying Keira K is and not sure how well cast James McAvoy was (although think he is normally good). Some of it I thought was a bit cringey but on the whole thought that the supporting cast were excellent and some young stars will be made. Wish I had read the book first as comparison but sure I wouldn't have liked it as much if I had.

• 3 weeks later...

I f**king love that film!!!!!! >:D< *realises he now looks rather uncultured* :-$

Love all the Kevin Smith films. First I saw was Chasing Amy, which is by far the best actual story (closely followed by Dogma). The others are just silly and laddish, but I love'em!

Chasing Amy rang a lot of bells for me, and probably did for a lot of guys (and I imagine girls) out there.

Best thing about Chasing Amy is Jason Lee?s character. The way he is just completely inappropriate and obnoxious and pisses all over the hung-up, straight laced relationship Ben Afleck (Holden I think he?s called) is trying to have with Alyssa.

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was a beautifully moving love story. A bit like Bonnie and Clyde with an orangutan.

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm with you Keef, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is daft beautifully done. I actually found myself laughing very hard at Ali G Indahouse too, so I can do stupid, but Beerfest...hmmmm...Non.

When I said I love that film, I meant Mallrats, but your post got in before mine. I have actually seen Beerfest, and as I was very p!ssed and stoned, I did laugh, but it is basically cr@p.

Brendan, I think Jason Lee was called Bankey. I like the bit where he draws the cross roads with santa down one road, the easter bunny down another, a nice man friendly lipstick lesbian down another, and a man hating hard dyke (these are his descriptions by the way) down the last one. There is money in the middle and he asks who will get to the money first.

"The man hating dyke" Holden

"Why?" Bankey

"I have no idea" Holden

"BECAUSE THE OTHERS ARE FIGMENTS OF YOUR F**KING IMAGINATION!!!" Bankey. Heh heh heh heh heh >:D<

RE: The orangutan, it's referrenced at the end of Mallrats, whilst "Susanne" by Weezer is played. Absolute tune!!!

He does come out with the odd line*, but that's the only extended part.

*He loses it with Jay in J&SB Strike Back, and he says something like "No ticket" after throwing one of the angels off the train in Dogma

God I need to get a life!

Stardust memories, is my favourite Woody Allen,

movie but it got a pasting from the critics and it made me wonder if they understood it, ignore the critics give it a go.

Blackbook I saw recently it is quite long, well worth a watch if you like 'working with the resistance' type movies.

• 2 weeks later...