Homeopathy remedies

lavender27

RPC, I agree.

I have never found the usual sort of homeopathy works for me, but rescue remedy does.

I have had acupuncture in the past, and found for some things it worked but only in the short term, and for other things not at all. But interestingly, I was sometimes able to tell whether the acupuncturist had the needles in the right place, and ask him to move them if not, purely by the sensation.

Somebody I knew who was a reflexologist and a healer worked (as a reflexologist and healer) in an NHS hospital with cancer patients.

Mindfulness courses are being "prescribed" these days on the NHS for people with long-term physical illnesses.

All sorts of herbs which have been used by herbalists for years are now being studied and incorporated into mainstream medicine/drugs.

I think it's great that the medical profession is becoming so much more open to using and recommending complementary approaches to illness.

JoeLeg Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Don?t be idiotic Sue.

Eh?

>

> You know full well Rendell is capable of going

> back and forth on something until the sun comes

> up.

Not in this case, it seems :)

>The fact you and someone else disagree on

> something doesn?t automatically mean they don?t

> have an answer for you.

Not automatically, no. However, in this particular case, I suspect he can't answer at least one of them :))

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt though, eh? :))

Sue, It definitely is shifting with the medical profession, physically and psychologicly. Things change in time, many young people are coming into the healing profession who are wanting change, it is very exciting.

I have had acupuncture, chinese herbs, vibrational healing through NHS, I have also been involved in research looking at different healing. The problem with looking at results is the measuring and the bringing together of a whole picture, which can be difficult in a scientific setting. I've found when there is funding for research it is often looking only at

What is being measured and often other important

things are shared and experienced but they don"t fit in to the scientific analysis.

Sue Wrote:

> Oh dear, can't you answer my perfectly reasonable

> questions, then?

Oh OK Sue, I thought we may as well leave it as if all the argument you can provide is "the universe is a lot weirder than you imagine" it doesn't really get us anywhere, but I don't want to damage my reputation as someone who'll go to and fro until the sun comes up (thanks Joe!) so:

1) Which of my claims you would like to be proved

Well, all of them, but I'm particularly taken with the concept that plants give off psychic energy so that one's emotions can be changed just by holding one's hand over them. Oh and the one about how the early morning sun shining on the dewdrops on flowers transfers the "healing energy" of the flower into the water, which can then be distilled and diluted until no trace of the original dewdrops remain, and the resultant liquid has healing powers, I like that one very much.

2) How a scientist would go about setting up a double-blind trial or trials to prove them (and how they would find sufficient subjects to do so)

Eh? I wouldn't have thought anyone with a scientific background would have to ask that, it's self-evident, no? You get a bunch of people suffering from a particular ailment or condition, you give half the "remedy" and half a placebo; nobody, researchers, practitioners nor patients knows which is which until the trial's done and the results are assessed. Where's the problem with that? As for how would you find sufficient subjects, I don't even understand the question - how do you think researchers get sufficient subjects for any trial? The fact that such trials can be done on homeopathy is proved by the fact that many have been done, and every single one, without exception, has failed to demonstrate any therapeutic effect greater than that of the placebo.

3) Why the lack of a "peer reviewed scientific paper" about a particular issue should affect its credibility?

Again, as someone with a scientific background you must know that the peer-reviewed paper is the gold standard for proof in scientific research; a team of experts in a particular field check the validity of a trial, its methodology and results, and only when passed is it published. It's the best way of weeding out errors, false claims, unreliable research, confirmation bias, and outright charlatans. Any reputable and accurate research should be capable of passing peer review; if it isn't, its credibility is severely affected.

Chick Wrote:

> >

> > Yes.

> >

> > And btw I have a scientific background, so

> please

> > don't treat me as if I am completely stupid.

>

>

> Sue, what is your scientific background????

I did physics, chemistry and pure maths at uni for a year.

Didn't enjoy it as much as I'd hoped, and changed to psychology, which is what my degree is.

Then did post-grad research in psychology. Know quite a bit about research methodology.

I do hope that is OK for you, but if not do feel free to ask for further details (that last bit was sarcastic, by the way).

rendelharris, you have misunderstood my questions, which having read your answers is entirely my fault for not being sufficiently clear.

I don't have time to answer your post now as I have a gig to run tonight and I have to leave soon to set up.

But don't worry, I'll come back to them :)) :)) :))

Though possibly not till after the weekend :)) :)) :))

I'm just as happy to leave it at that thanks Sue, I only answered your questions as you suggested that my saying let's leave it at that indicated that I couldn't answer them. I fail to see how I can have misunderstood your questions, they seem pretty straightforward to me and I've given them straightforward answers.

Think maybe we should just agree to disagree on this. Have a nice weekend.

Practical Handbook of Veterinary Homeopathy: Healing Our Companion Animals from Kindle Edition

by Wendy Thacher Jensen DVM (Author) Print List Price: ?11.09

Kindle Price: ?0.00 Save ?11.09 (100%) includes VAT*

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Practical-Handbook-Veterinary-Homeopathy-Companion-ebook/dp/B018RRVLNW?_bbid=11412456&_bbtype=email&ref_=nav_signin&

Could you resist? I couldn't. It's likely to be a short duration offer, maybe even just a day or two, maybe not. I was notified of it by bookbub.com.

ianr Wrote:

> Practical Handbook of Veterinary Homeopathy:

> Healing Our Companion Animals from Kindle Edition

> by Wendy Thacher Jensen DVM (Author) Print List

> Price: ?11.09

> Kindle Price: ?0.00 Save ?11.09 (100%) includes

> VAT*

> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Practical-Handbook-Veteri

> nary-Homeopathy-Companion-ebook/dp/B018RRVLNW?_bbi

> d=11412456&_bbtype=email&ref_=nav_signin&

>

> Could you resist? I couldn't. It's likely to be

> a short duration offer, maybe even just a day or

> two, maybe not. I was notified of it by

> bookbub.com.

Still overpriced.

ianr Wrote:

> > Still overpriced.

>

> Nevertheless, I am interested and curious enough

> to want to read it, at least in part. I can't

> help that. So being able to do so has some value

> for me. I would have paid some money to do so.

Well, I'll be interested to hear your report. As far as I understand it, homeopathy involves introducing a substance to water, and then continually diluting it until no trace of the introduced element remains. Not a single atom. The water obtained thereby (which is now pure water) is then bottled as tinctures or made into pills and sold for hefty prices.

If there's genuine, verified evidence that feeding dogs pure water has therapeutic effects (above and beyond hydration), I'd be most interested to hear it.

Look, the only way homeopathy could possibly work is if the atoms of water could be somehow imprinted with the "memory" of another substance and retain it. If that was the case, anyone who could prove it would not only win the Nobel prize for Physics but would change our fundamental understanding of the way the universe works at both atomic and quantum levels. Funny that nobody's ever managed it, isn't it?

https://releasethefirstreport.com/author/chrisc186

Here is a link (again rather long) regarding reaction and legal questions to the report,

Further down there is a petition,asking for a first report which seemingly put homeopathy in a different light, very interesting reading, this has affecting many countries and I believe is under investigation and being challenged outside of the decisions in uk. I have not read it all, as hard going on a phone.

TE44 Wrote:

> The American Institute of Homeopathy accuses EASAC

> (european Academies Science Advisory Council) of

> deliberate scientific bias.

I'm sure they provide a completely unbiased view! The EASAC report (please note that EASAC is a body comprising Europe's 29 most prestigious scientific organisations, including our own Royal Society) undertook a review of the scientific evidence and concluded that homeopathy is "nonsense and risks significant harm." In the face of that you'd hardly expect an organisation whose livelihood depends on people believing that homeopathy works to say "it's a fair cop, we'll pack up."

Rendall, did you read the links? And can you post ip proof of the harm that has been done by homeopathy. I have no wish to change your mind and respect youur choices in healing. This may be a difficult concept for you, but people actually

are aware of greed, lies, and all charges brought through our legal system against companies, within our healing, then decide for themselves. This is not an either or situation, you are

persistently using arguments which plague the healing industry. Yes there is an awareness there is room for greed on both sides. What is happening now is not going to stop homeopathy it is only going to make it available if you pay.

Rendall, seriously, you have utsed one very extreme case of a couple who must have had serious problems to allow there child to reach this state, this is bringing into question not just homepathy but other treatments, though that is immaterial as this reflects more a problem with the parents. It surprises me when alternative meds are being blamed for a death it is dealt with in a criminal court, although it was individusls charged not homeopathy or any other altternative therapy they used. There was no question of the meds causing harm, the charge was broughtagainst the parents. Unlike pharmaceutical drugs which after proof, withdrawal and death, is not dealt with in a criminal court, the families cannot get answers, Its all settled with money, I can go on but I won't Rendal as no doubt you'll agree, can you give me a link where people have died through homeopathic meds. People are dying , conditions worsening through the medications being prescribed, whilst others lives are being savedand as I said earlier its not either or.