Flats on Underhill Road - Are they having a laugh ?

AD

I spotted the block of four two bedroom flats on Underhill road / Overhill Road junction are back on the market..... at wait for it 369k !!!!!!!

So after not selling these flats for around seven years and squatters move in they kick the sqautters out put a lick of paint on them and try and sell them for 50k more than the last time they tried (I last saw them for 317k).

The main problem with these flats is apart from not being like the rest of the road at all is the bedrooms. You can see into them when you walk past which is not great but they are small and a strange shape and it looks impossible to try and fit a wardrobe and a double bed in the room becasue of this.

The living room / kitchen area actually looks quite nice but trying to sell of the very top end for a two bed flat with its major donwfalls is a touch ambtious.

These have to be an example of the woerst desgined flats I have seen !!!!

That's how capitalism works, they can easily reduce the price, but can't easily increase it :). Do you think the trouserless guy had some deal though that took the price actually paid down.

If not, No wonder he can't afford curtains yet

AD Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I spotted the block of four two bedroom flats on

> Underhill road / Overhill Road junction are back

> on the market..... at wait for it 369k !!!!!!!

>

> So after not selling these flats for around seven

> years and squatters move in they kick the

> sqautters out put a lick of paint on them and try

> and sell them for 50k more than the last time they

> tried (I last saw them for 317k).

>

> The main problem with these flats is apart from

> not being like the rest of the road at all is the

> bedrooms. You can see into them when you walk past

> which is not great but they are small and a

> strange shape and it looks impossible to try and

> fit a wardrobe and a double bed in the room

> becasue of this.

>

> The living room / kitchen area actually looks

> quite nice but trying to sell of the very top end

> for a two bed flat with its major donwfalls is a

> touch ambtious.

>

> These have to be an example of the woerst desgined

> flats I have seen !!!!

But don't forget, they have put some kind-of curtain things in so now they're completely private!! I noticed that price and couldn't believe it either - the top two, with private balconies, a lovely view (I imagine) and not easily looked into maybe, but the bottom two...

I don't believe that modern buildings should fit the area style-wise, but this looks like it was made up as they went along, and it all went a bit wonky. They look reasonably spacious, but the huge windows mean that you'll spend your life with the blinds shut.

I think the whole building has been up for sale within 2011, certainly for under ?1M... perhaps around the 900 mark?

Personally I quite like a bit of contemporary architecture, and it can only be a good thing if they are going to finally be occupied, at whatever they go for. And I bet they are lovely and light with all those windows...

They're hideous looking....the builders have been here for the last month constructing some out-building storage space, and laying a lawn....still looks grim.

I met a lovely couple a while back who had moved in (the only one to have done so) but whether they're still there or not I don;t know. And you don;t have to be on the P13 to see into the bedroom from Underhill Road. What were they thinking?

As far as parking goes, you park on the street!!

London is dotted all over with similar monuments to 2006 era property greed. The promise that you too can live a luxury lifestyle in a new build. With a girl in a bikini drinking fresh coffee on the balcony. Except it overlooks the Walworth Road and the plants on the terrace are already browning from the exhaust fumes.

The developers only have themselves to blame.

I for one am feeling a tad sympathetic to the "developers" who are selling it now - this post surely ain't gonna help.

I'd be pretty narked if entirely negative points about a property I was selling (and I mean the seeing-in and aesthetics, not the price) became the subject of a thread on a local forum. Potential purchasers would obviously be aware of any shortcomings the property may have and would make offers accordingly, but this kind of public discussion could sway decision making a lot more than perhaps is fair.

You can compare with recent prices achieved in the area (I get these emailed to me - link is at the bottom of the post if anybody else is interested):

"Sales recently added within 500m of (my postcode)

Flat 1, 69 Silvester Road ?232,000

London, SE22 9PF 21st October 2011

180b Underhill Road ?295,000

London, SE22 0QH 21st October 2011

142 Melbourne Grove ?645,000

London, SE22 8SA 20th October 2011

36 Whateley Road ?710,000

London, SE22 9DD 14th October 2011

68a Crawthew Grove ?235,000

London, SE22 9AB 11th October 2011

27a Ashbourne Grove ?299,950

London, SE22 8RN 30th September 2011

87a - 87b Lordship Lane ?269,000

London, SE22 8EP 29th September 2011

6 Matham Grove ?700,000

London, SE22 8PN 29th September 2011

16 Worlingham Road ?565,300

London, SE22 9HD 27th September 2011

169 Landells Road ?428,250

East Dulwich, SE22 9PN 23rd September 2011

You can search all these sales totally free of charge by going to OurProperty.co.uk.

By default, every month we will notify you of new sales within 500 metres of your home postcode, but you can also watch up to 10 further areas of your choice. To do so, simply visit your custom alerts page and log in."

ETA: Obviously I don't know how the size, location etc of each of the above compares, but if you are interested I'm sure you can easily find out. One of them is in Underhill Road.

• 2 weeks later...

stephen509 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think these kind of figures are misleading as

> every property is different.

>

> We know these flats didn't sell before and nothing

> has been changed to them.

FYI they have been completely refurbished to an extremely good standard, and restructured within to make a better layout