Meet New People In East Dulwich

Javz83

Hi Heatheranne, last night was ace. Thanks so much for reserving the table. Was very funny suspiciously eyeing anyone wearing red, and the awkward and slightly embarrassed approach of 'are you from the forum' instantly have us common ground. If anyone hasn't made it yet, and are a little weary, let me reassure you...if you can name a few local pubs and restaurants, or giggle over some of the threads on the forum, you'll make instant friends. The people who stayed to the end last night swapped numbers and plan to meet again. So it really was a good giggle and reassuring to know there are lovely, cool people in ED. I reckon ED could become the friendliest place in London! Hope to see you at the next one.

Thanks to everyone who came! :) Claire.

It was great meeting you all last night and for those hard core ones who stuck it til the end! we were the last ones to leave the pub! The smell of bleach is always a good sign its time to leave! Looking forward to the next one. I have plunged for going to see a show at the Southwark Playhouse, London Bridge tomorrow night at 7.30pm, tickets are 22.50 to see Mack and Mable...anyone interested in joining me let me know or just book and let me know ya coming! ciao for now x

Great to meet you all last night! Just wondering if anyone has plans to watch the olympics opening ceremony on 27th somewhere in Dulwich? I don't want to venture out of the neighbourhood on that day, but would be nice to watch with a group, maybe in a pub or something.

Leah

Hi, recently moved to ED, just found this thread and just missed wednesdays meet, ding.

Looks like you've got a great thing going, would love to come to the next one. I'm up for watching the opening ceremony and I'm sure my housemate will come along too.

Harry

Hi everyone, Am moving to ED this weekend and just came across this forum. Would be great to meet people in the area, and I'd be up for watching the opening ceremony or attending (or arranging) another event in August if any one else fancies it?

Hi Everyone

Last weeks drinkies in the Rye were great and I had such a great laugh.

We all talked about going to see the new Batman film at Peckham plex so thought I would post the details here in case some other people wanted to join us.

So pre-film drinks in Bar Story (213 Blenheim Grove, London SE15 4QL , By peckham rye station) 7.30pm

Then promptly onto the cinema to see the 8.15pm showing of Batman Dark Knight Rises.

Look forward to seeing you all this Wednesday

Ralph

Hi all. I'm double checking with the Old Nun's Head that they are showing the opening ceremony, and to see what else they have on tomorrow night. If you sign up to their newsletter they send you an email for a free drink. The pub looks lovely from the website. Will update when I hear back from them. if I book a table I'll put something red on it as our secret code!

http://www.theoldnunshead.co.uk/index.htm

Everyone is welcome to come along on Friday and meet some lovely ED peoole!

The Nun's Head looks lovely, and they say they'll show the olympic ceremony on their big screen upstairs if enough people come. They'll show it on the screens downstairs in any case. I've booked a table (with something red on it to identify us). Their address is: The Old Nun's Head, 15 Nunhead Green, London, SE15 3QQ. It's walking distance from Peckham Rye, East Dulwich, Telegraph Hill, Brockley and Honor Oak. Buses P12 and 78 drop you right outside. Loads more info on their website: www.theoldnunshead.co.uk. Click on 'the habit' to sign up and receive your free drink voucher :). Pop along and say hello! Claire.

Hey, what did you guys think of the Dark Knight? I was confused. The guy with the mask - couldn't understand a word coming out of his mouth. And so loooooooong. Needed to loose a half an hour on the editing room floor. Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...