Meet New People In East Dulwich

Javz83

I had an awesome time too! Met some lovely people to explore East Dulwich with! Good hosting skills Ralph and you had us all fooled with your faux-pensioner prank.

I love that Sarah actually approached a 64-year-old with the words 'Cheesey ring???" ha ha ha ha. Classic!!

Did the infamous Miss Red Stilettos ever turn up?

Def up for the next one. With more dancing on sofas/tables.

Angharad (in the red boots) x

flairyfairy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Who's spreading scandalous rumours about me,

> cheesy rings and 64 year olds? Sadly not true -

> but maybe next time!

>

> Sarah

Don't worry Sarah, they were actually aimed at me - the other Sarah! I did indeed approach an older man with a red top thinking he was the self described 64 year old Ralph and with a look of hope on my face asked him "Cheesy rings?" Needless to say, he was somewhat bemused and I made a hasty retreat! Fab night though even if I did just have to do the walk of shame back into the pub having discover this morning that I had left the pub, slightly inebriated, and failed to pay my bill! I only discovered this this morning when I went to pay for petrol and found myself staring confused at the EDT tab card instead of my Visa card!

SebsC Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> flairyfairy Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Who's spreading scandalous rumours about me,

> > cheesy rings and 64 year olds? Sadly not true

> -

> > but maybe next time!

> >

> > Sarah

>

> Don't worry Sarah, they were actually aimed at me

> - the other Sarah! I did indeed approach an older

> man with a red top thinking he was the self

> described 64 year old Ralph and with a look of

> hope on my face asked him "Cheesy rings?" Needless

> to say, he was somewhat bemused and I made a hasty

> retreat! Fab night though even if I did just have

> to do the walk of shame back into the pub having

> discover this morning that I had left the pub,

> slightly inebriated, and failed to pay my bill! I

> only discovered this this morning when I went to

> pay for petrol and found myself staring confused

> at the EDT tab card instead of my Visa card!

Ha! Brilliant! I'm thrilled that the story is true, even if it wasn't me who did it :-)

ah the Sarah story with the cheesy rings is hilarous!

not sure when the next meet up is taking place but in the meantime if anyone is interested - i seem to be one of the few people not having seen "untouchable" and now it is showing in peckham i thought i will go and watch it this coming sunday at 3.45pm. if anyone is also interested to come along and/ or meet for a coffee beforehand let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

OK - I had planned to suggest another date for Saturday night drinks/table dancing/'cheesy rings' password fun, but I've failed miserably and now due to moving home won't really be near ED until after Christmas.

However! Would anyone like to rescue me from box packing hell and join me for a late afternoon/early evening drink tomorrow? Please say yes and save me from disappearing under bubble wrap :-)

Sarah

• 3 weeks later...

Hey People,

So I just found this feed & have lived here for 3.5 years,

and would love to meet some new people in the area...

Especially as the winter is drawring in and we are getting towards the festive season.

Can't be dealing with a night bus treck all the time in the snow and don't have many friends in the South East.

Is there another meet up happening anytime this month?

xxx

I can't do anything this side of Christmas, unfortunately, but I'm happy to take on organisational duties if anyone fancies banishing the January blues in the EDT - say the 19th? Go on... the willpower to detox will have worn out by then.

let me know if there are any takers.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! New to ED and this forum and would love to meet some new people. Jan sounds great but December sounds better. If all it is is setting a date and venue I'd happily do that. The Bishop Saturday 15th December? Who's up for it. I'll buy the first drink!