Moving to ED

Gingerbeer

I think if GB (great initials for a visitor) was a 'guy' then Nette would have to have a serious word about fashion - 3" heels on men are so last decade.

There are women well over 6' here - but they are usually German tourists or Comedians.

A lot of ED bars let you run up a tab if you put your cc behind the bar.

This is really all you need to know.

Well this certainly went in the wrong direction!

*Lets clarify: Yes I am female. A chick, a broad, dame, lass, beaver, etc... (example attached)

*Sorry, I didnt mean to imply everyone there is short. My brother, in his own way of tormenting me said "You know youre going to tower over everyone there, right? Everyone will be eye level with your boobs, then what?." heh so I was just checking.

*Oh! And gingerbeer is a kind of soda (pop? I dont know what its called there), its actually really awful, but a friend of mine once said I was a tall glass of gingerbeer. I think he meant gingerale, in reference to my hair color (red) but I thought it was charming anyway so decided to adopt it as a screenname.

BTW the creme egg comment made me laugh!

You picked a mickname that will cause some members to think that you are as we say: "A Ginger Beer"

Either you are havinng us on a line or you really dont know what it means,

So.

Gingerbeer is a London-based virtual community for lesbian and bisexual women.

It is a Cockney Rhyming slang.

You could change to;

Gooseberry Puddin'

Try this link.

http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/slang/G

Nice to see you on the Pistol and Shooter.

I will give you a Pot of Glue

So you are very Bat and Ball.

And given a home to two Postman Pats.

I think the original quote by your friend Tallglassofgingerbeer would be fine.

And don't worry about fitting in - people around here have become quite tolerant of 'gingahs' and have even stopped pointing.

And if anyone tries to crowbar in a pun about crabbies don't fret - it's gingerbeer with a kick.

*expects 'crabbies' will not be new forum name*

Here are two things that might actually be useful to you, language-wise. What you call pants, the British call trousers.In Britain pants are underpants. So, for example, if you say to a British colleague that you like her pants, she will wonder how you know what her knickers look like and why you are being rather personal. Being British, she is unlikely to say anything about it, or explain your mistake. She will just look at you a bit oddly and let you go on to make the same mistake again and again. Similarly, what you call a fanny, the British call a bum or bottom. In Britain, a fanny is a front bottom, so avoid remarks like, "Oh my fanny aches after sitting down for so long" as you will be thought to be providing just a bit too much information.

I think Ill have to stick with Gingerbeer... thats alright, Ive lived in Boys Town in SD for years, so Im used to people thinking Im a lesbian. There are worse things in life.

Hah! Good to know about the pants! Living in San Diego, I picked up the word "chonies" for underwear. maybe that will force the issue as to what Im referring to. Although Id like to think I wont be talking about anyones underwear-- but things get weird sometimes. I dont think there exists too much rhyming slang in the US, unless youre in prison. And regarding the list of expressions Bob gave, I cant even imagine how I would work any of those into a conversation without sounding like a complete whack job!

Back to my stick-shift question, it didnt come out right when I posted it. This is something Ive wondered about for a long time (maybe I have too much time on my hands!) Do they look like:

1 3 5

2 4 R

OR

5 3 1

R 4 2

Gingerbeer Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

I cant even imagine how I

> would work any of those into a conversation

> without sounding like a complete whack job!

It's easy!

My husband's was a bit of berkshire hunt last night. I've only just got over a case of the two bob bits so fancied a friar tuck. Instead, he ruffled my rubiks cubes and harry monked all over my thrupenny bits.