Moving to ED

Gingerbeer

Oh shush you horrible people!! You will be most welcome. I had lunch in The Bishop with a fellow forumite this very day and saw a number of chums passing, waived and everything. Why we were not at work is beyond me.

Strafer, you KNOW are the very personification of a pint of Guiness and are of the Irish persuasion.

Huguenot, stop your silky ways, shouldnt you be in bed? Its bound to be the middle of the night in the Far East (not Nunhead).

Paddys Day is celebrated here, particularly by the brewing and hospitality trades. We dont die stuff green, our teeth are naturally that colour, but we do enjoy a few pints of stout. Especially as it was invented in London.

Tomorrow's excitement will be as much about it being the last day of the Six Nations Rugby Tournament. Three games back to back, finishing with England vs Ireland. By the end of that lot I will be drained of my manly strength.

Too many! I dont normally read so many books at one time, and I now know why: it drives me crazy! But currently I am reading:

Although of Course you end up Becoming Yourself, A Road Trip with David Foster Wallace-- David Lipsky

King Leopold's Ghost --- Adam Hoschild

Arabian Nights (Richard Burton translation)

Tennessee Williams Collected Stories

The Plantagenet Chronicles 1154-1485 --- Derek Wilson

And every once in a while I pick up James Joyce's Ulysses but I know I need to pay more attention than Im giving it so I drop it for awhile.

I like to read Ngugi, DFW, Henry Miller etc. Im looking at my bookshelf, its all very mixed.

What about you? I love getting new titles to add to my reading list!

I wasnt actually aware that Gingers (or I) were flirting. When did banter become flirting?

Anyway, to be absolutely clear. Some Forumites seem to think that Gingerbeer is infact Big Bad Wolf in disguise. Nobody has come out and said it yet. So, here we are.

I have no idea. I have no insight into the back office functioning of the Forum, perhaps some people can actually see whether posts are being made from the USA or Forest Hill or wherever? Or is this based on summise and best guess? or some other evidence?

Thoughts?

> Thoughts?

I've been finding Gingerbeer to be quite credible and entertaining -- not a deranged right-wing oddball, which is what I understand this wolf person to be. I suppose time will tell if she bothers to get in touch with any of you when she arrives. I'd find the suspicious response quite off-putting if I were her.

Gingerbeer is genuine. I PMd her right at the beginning of this thread and if she's not real then whe's in the witness protection programme because her story is 100%. Come on ED; you've got too much time on your hands. Is't there a Waitrose/Iceland debate you could resurrect?

Px

I'm swayed (into believing GB is not BBW despite the obvious looking clue of being a tall goodlooking female or Big Beautiful Woman or BBW) by use of the term "St Patty's Day" (which I have only ever heard from a septic) rather than Paddy's.

And while we're on the subject - Beannachta? na f?ile P?draig to all.

ETA: A capital letter for Paddy (even if recent 'revelations' that he was a slave trader are true that's no reason to give him a little 'p'.)

Jeez. . . a girl goes away for a weekend only to find her identity, honesty and integrity have all come in to question! I can only assume this part of the infamous Brit charm Ive heard so much about.

Boab--- I only run when chased, so please tell me its a very short distance to run. Adrenalin will only get me so far...

Gidget --- I find your concern for my kitties adorable! I dont have a place to stay yet, it is difficult to find a place so far in advance and from overseas. And youre correct, it is expensive to bring them, but Ive flattered myself into believing they will be miserable without me.

Thanks for the book suggestions, they have made their way onto my endless list of *to-reads*