Moving to ED

Gingerbeer

Indeed. Happy to drink coffee with breaky in foreign parts. In Blighty, its tea.

Liptons are to blame for the lack of tea drinking in many areas of the former Empire (aka "The World"). Liptons tea bags in those little yellow paper envelopes. Horrible things.

Friends in Germany (I know!) proudly showed me the tea bags they had purchased for my visit. Liptons. Thanksfully I had come armed with my own supply of tea baggage (Sainsburys Red Label - robust, not subtle) and was able to educate them. Liptons tea bags went in the compost bin, Germans suitably thankful and a proper balance restored to the world.

Admittedly, I have never had tea that didnt come from a teabag. And on the rare occasion that I make a jar of suntea, it does indeed include 12 bags of lipton. I guess Im going to get schooled in tea when I get there!

Should we be talking about teabagging here? ;)

Nobody really likes tea. We were force fed it as children, along with shitty sitcoms, xenophobia, and mindless violence. Later we were force fed beer. We pretend we like that too. Some of us more than others.

Tea bagging however is an American invention and not at all British

The quality of the tea abroad (especially in the USA where good tea is as hard to find as good bacon) is a part of it but not boiling the water (using hot instead) is key - this thread will tell you all more than you need to know (please note, Mr Carnell is quite thorough, yes he is).

"Should we be talking about teabagging here? ;)" - Steady on old thing! We havent been properly introduced.

Where's my trombone?

To be fair, US Bacon, in proper context is good. Bacon with pancakes and maple syrup was an unexpected pleasure.

Thick cut British back bacon (from Borough Market) has got to be the thing with your fried eggs (no choice as to what way up), baked beans (Heinz), fried black pudding, mushrooms and a fried slice. Washed down with tea, huge quantities of the congenial brew.

No, not Texas thank goodness. Im from the midwest, which compared to Texas means Im smarter, more liberal and less defiant over nothing. Except bacon.

Wasnt it Kermit the Frog who sang "Napkin, plate, knife and fork is the only way that I'll touch pork..."?

Poor Ol' Ginger

What with Tea-bagging, hairy arses and a penchant for bacon the poor gal will be off knackered before we know it.

And given the range between Uppers and Lower sides of East Dulwich she'll be huffin and puffin her way up Lordship Lane (in her tap shoes of course) like a good 'un.

http://www.skevi.com/images/1630310.jpgI 'deffo' would get one of these if I were her.

NETTE:-S

Yeah yeah yeah Im here.... remember Im 7 hours behind you!

Im way to big to fit in that basket. Besides, who would push me? I was actually wondering, and I do know this is weird, but would it be considered TOO weird to take cats to a park? I have them trained on harnesses/leashes, they need a good romp like the rest of us every once in awhile.

Michael-- everytime I see your name I think of Michael Pemulis. You dont wear a yachting hat by any chance do you?

Cats on leashes - not a common sight in this country. Dogs are allowed off leash in parks here so your cats would be overwhelmed and perhaps injured. It is extremely common in this country for cats to be allowed to roam all over the neighbourhood via cat flaps. If you get a place with a garden then you could let them outside to join the rest of the East Dulwich cat population. Be aware that London is plagued by a growing fox population. I have just been woken up by some very noisy ones.

Gingers - no yachting hat or indeed any kind of hat. My ginger mop doesnt take kindly to head gear.

Ref cats - theoretically cats on a lead would be OK, but as noted above, local parks tend to be dog-centric. Best not.

In London, you are never more than a few meters from a rat. Our local cats look plump and sleek and you dont see many rats, I suspect that the two are related.

Cats keep rats down, foxes keep the cats down and the East Dulwich Hunt keeps the foxes down.

The East Dulwich Hunt meets and takes its stirrup cup at 9am every Sunday morning during the hunting season. The pack of hounds is a motley group of overweight Staffordshire Bull-Terriers, Cockapoodles and King Charles Spaniels.

Michael Palaeologus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Foxes being omnivors will happily scoff rats,

> mice, cats and chickens. Every year there is

> usually at least one fox related urban chicken

> massacre reported on this very Forum.

>

> Steveo - Twit! I am a ginga ...

Not saying foxes don't scoff cats but they are unlikely to catch many of them unless ill/slow/deaf etc.