Has anyone received their garden/brown bin sticker?

I've received two stickers, both identical, and in the same post delivery.

I have always been under the impression that you had to leave your bins with the handles facing the road ready for collection each week. And most of my neighbours do the same.

Growlybear Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've received two stickers, both identical, and in

> the same post delivery.

>

> I have always been under the impression that you

> had to leave your bins with the handles facing the

> road ready for collection each week. And most of

> my neighbours do the same.

I think you can apply for up to 4 Licenses per address. Flats ??

Make sure you have not been billed for 2 Licenses

Check the Subscription Numbers on the Stickers.

Foxy

worldwiser Wrote:

> I can't say anyone on our road has ever put their

> bins either in the street or facing handle out

> within their front yard. Not one person ever. So I

> doubt this will catch on...

I have always done this. It makes sense to aid the bin men. And 99% of the time they put my bin back into its rightful place.

worldwiser Wrote:

> I can't say anyone on our road has ever put their

> bins either in the street or facing handle out

> within their front yard. Not one person ever. So I

> doubt this will catch on...

I have ALWAYS done this. The selected bins for that week are placed just inside my gate with the Handles

pointed at the gate/street so the bin people can drag them out to the Dust cart.

What would be the point of having them pointing in any other direction apart from just being bloody minded. ?

DulwichFox

No, just one!

Rosetta Wrote:

> Growlybear Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > No, I live in a house. Both stickers have the

> > same number and I've definitely only been

> charged

>

> Do you have two brown buns?

lonajl Wrote:

> I have a sticker for garden waste big brown bin

> but no new kitchen waste small brown bin which we

> ordered.

Same here, do we continue to put food waste in with the garden waste until new bin arrives?

do we continue to put food waste in with the garden waste until new bin arrives?

Yes, according to the Veolia guy I talk to and (I think) the Southwark web site. They are legally obliged to collect food waste and (until they provide alternative bins) their policy is to combine food and garden waste in the same brown bin. Eventually (because the most effective disposal of food and garden waste is different) they will collect these separately, but, at the moment, I believe, even when we separate them in different bins they will be collected into the same lorries!

Over time the two waste collections will be separated, at least that's what the government wants. I don't think the Veolia contract now allows for that. So, no point, save as a revenue earner for Southwark now that it can charge for garden waste separately - even though the same government paper says that should be collected without additional charge.

After your post decided to look whilst walking down the length of my street, approx 50 houses, like you I am the only one with a sticker.

Even the "New Brown Bin" looks like it will only take 2 filled green waste bags..

Regret I paid ?25 should have ignored it like others seem to have done even though I have to have a large brown bin for garden waste and await the outcome.

How will Southwark solve this muddle?

I think they are going on the model that Lambeth have. They have a small food bin and then you buy these green sacks and pay the yearly subscription. The 2 green sacks = a 1 brown bin.

In my view the sacks are better as you can carry them through the house (if you dont have side entrance and store they away from the front garden so no one else can fill them.

DulwichFox Wrote:

> I have to say that apart from my own Sticker I

> have not seen a single Brown Bin with a sticker on

> it.

>

> Dulwichfox.

Perhaps because a lot of us have not yet received sticker or large brown bin?

If you have never had a large brown bin ever why would you suddenly decide you now need one now?

The sticker is only for the LARGE brown garden waste bin/s

The only brown bin you are likely to get is a small brown bin caddy to take food waste which will just about hold 2 very small green interior bags.

If you have a large garden bin and no sticker it will be taken away.

If you live in a 3 flat conversion it would appear that you will need 3 small brown waste caddies in addition to the other bins for the flats. Possible 6 bins in total or more.

It does not make any sense. Not thought through at all

Because, on balance, paying for a large brown bin with a sticker seems to be more straight forward than buying brown bags and then arranging for their collection. I already have the outdoor food caddie and have been using that with brown bags for garden refuse. The outdoor caddies can hold about six of the green bags.

ETA When signing up on line there was an option to order a large brown bin and/or an outdoor food caddie.