Jubilee Weekend

woodrot

I am so excited.

Its not often you get to celebrate 60 years of a monarch. Usually dynasties like this are executed or burned at the stake for their rapacious and murderous legacy. Im sure the tens of millions of people across the world who live in abject poverty due to the colonial exploits of our rulers will also be giving thanks as well.

May the offspring of middle european rape and pillage barons and thugs continue to rule over us and produce bountiful idiot offspring to keep the family line intact and in power.

Good luck and enoy your Jubilee East Dulwich.Just remmeber that your Union Flag is dripping in the blood and tears of hundreds of millions of victims.

It's just all so terribly sixth form common room.

Yeah, good luck you people, you people - not me, because I'm enlightened and, you know, down with Marx n that. But all the rest of you people. You blinkered fools. You slaves...

Actually, I used to fancy boys like that when I was 14.

The exploits of the Empire were indefensible and anyone who tries to defend them deserves to be drowned in a slurry pit.

But does this really have anything to do with people 100 years down the line engaging in the self-validating ritualization of royalty as the symbol of national strength and wealth? Wasn?t this being done long before the empire existed anyway?

It may all be pointless to the objective observer but just because Middle England is donning its glad rags to do a rain dance for their chief doesn?t make them complicit in subjugation and genocide.

I've been pratising the right amount of ironic detachment, "can't deny the kids a sight of history - and it's on their doorstep" position. This seems to be the correct compromise to make. But I can't promise some emotion won't sneak in when I see that great armada go past.

I always wanted a boat.

Much of the current deplorable condition of the world is due to the machinations of such power groups their continued existance. In this sense, it is irrelevant to dismiss the sins of the fathers in this case, though this is trotted out by guardianistas as a simpering hand wringing sop to ease the national collective guilt.

If we celebrate this shower of shites, then we are all implicitly supporting a legacy of genocide, murder & slavery bludz.

Still, you get your day off and all is well. God bless her majesty & her disfunctional turd smeared idiot family and their hangers on.

Your Queen not mine

warm purrs

Personally I'd agree the royal family is an anachronism with no place in a modern democratic society but I'm too lazy to get worked up about it, particularly when HM is so utterly dedicated and dignified compared with the elected sleaze monkeys, greedy ba$tards and self-promoters, but once she's no longer with us I think it's time to abolish it. I don't see how anyone could even think they're particularly 'royal' any more - William has less than half royal blood and his children will have less than a quarter and there must be plenty of other people walking around with at least as much.

On the other hand, the special edition Ma'amite is branding genius and I'm going to buy one today if there are any left.

Ted Max Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've been pratising the right amount of ironic

> detachment, "can't deny the kids a sight of

> history - and it's on their doorstep" position.

> This seems to be the correct compromise to make.

> But I can't promise some emotion won't sneak in

> when I see that great armada go past.

>

> I always wanted a boat.

mind if i borrow your words?

i'd have to pretend to have kids though........darn it

Annette Curtain Wrote:

> As a complete aside

>

> Did you know the CIA website has a kids page

>

> (which is quite nice, really)

>

> Nette

Yes... and the 'agent' in high heels, lipstick and a shiny black mac 'n hat looks surprisingly masculine...

I think Agent Elliot Nette has gone rogue...

ETA: ...or do I mean rouge?

Yes, I know it's out of control, out of control:

Greasy machinery slides on the rails,

Young minds and bodies on steel spokes impaled.

Cogs tearing bones, cogs tearing bones;

Iron-throated monsters are forcing the screams,

Mind and machinery box-press the dreams.

But there still is time....

steveo Wrote:

> My grandfather wanted to see the royal family hanging in the ruins of Buckingham Palace

Why would your grandfather want to be hanging in the ruins of Buckingham Palace? And even if he was, I doubt he'd see the royal family from there.

woodrot Wrote:

> Much of the current deplorable condition of the

> world is due to the machinations of such power

> groups their continued existance. In this sense,

> it is irrelevant to dismiss the sins of the

> fathers in this case, though this is trotted out

> by guardianistas as a simpering hand wringing sop

> to ease the national collective guilt.

>

> If we celebrate this shower of shites, then we are

> all implicitly supporting a legacy of genocide,

> murder & slavery bludz.

>

> Still, you get your day off and all is well. God

> bless her majesty & her disfunctional turd smeared

> idiot family and their hangers on.

>

> Your Queen not mine

>

> warm purrs

Put away the computer, chill out and go and enjoy yourself. What's its like being a miserable bastard?