Any Runners/Walkers/Cyclists wishing to help find the "Missing Elderly Man from Nunhead"

Hi, I am sure all of you have seen the thread about Pat Connelly who is missing. The Earl of Dulwich said he was changing his running route in order to help look for Pat. The idea came about to perhaps organise a meet up in various areas, at a specific time, so that runners/walkers or whoever would like to come along, to cover specifics areas all in one go.

Peckhamgatecrasher said the areas that would be good to cover are Nunhead Cemetary, Peckham Rye, Belair Park, Benchly Garden, Peckham and Nunhead.

Are people interested in doing this? If so, I really don?t know the area?s, so if we could have someone look after a particular area that they may be local to, for instance, and organise which routes may be good?

Also any ideas for day/time? How about Saturday, and if anyone else can organise meetups prior to this, that would be great. We should get in contact with the facebook page, so that no efforts overlap with others.

If you have an other ideas that would help, that would be great. Obviously letting others know about this, even better. The more that can help the better. Thank you!!

What a great idea. I frequently run and walk in the area and would be happy to join in. Might not be able to do Saturday though but will follow this thread so if you do decide on anything in between you and if I am free I will be happy to come along. Maybe we could see if any cyclists would like to do it too, as they tend to get a bit further?

Hello both, thats great!

Cyclists is an excellent idea, so are dog walkers, anybody who wants to get out and about and do something :)

I am working tomorrow and Friday, so if anyone wants to plan something for those days - just suggest a time/place to meet, and then others will come along if they can..

Lishyloo, he has been missing for a week now.

I'll be out running tonight along Brenchley and thorough Nunhead so will obviously keep a look out, although as these areas are close to home for him I guess they will have already been covered. Still, no harm in trying.

I have sent an email, along with a link to the poster of Pat, to the Dulwich Park running club asking them to inform all their runners to keep a look out for him. They do circuits of about 8 miles twice a week so cover quite a large area. I will let you know if I hear back from them.

I'd be happy to have a cycle round this afternoon/evening, and over the next few days. Should we focus on the Nunhead area still - I can go a bit further as a cyclist? Are there any more ideas on areas? Just want to make sure I'm not duplicating searches or missing areas which might now be worth trying.

I am not part of Dulwich Park Runners Club but am doing a course with them. We happen to be running Belair Park tomorrow so I will keep my eyes peeled. I could also drop them an email about it in additon to yours SebsC.

I hope you find him soon.

Hello,

I am a dog walker who has been looking out for Pat since last weekend. I walk a few dogs each day in Nunhead Cemetery and keep hoping that I or one of my dogs will find him there.

Let's hope we will hear good news soon.

Mandi

Mob: 07969516780

• 2 weeks later...