Bus strike tomorrow

After reading posts on here & reading the tfl website last night, I was under the impression that all buses operated by Abellio were involved in the strike & would not be running any services.

Therefore, my daughter had to pay out more than she could afford, to get a cab to Elephant & Castle this morning.

I now discover that the 343 has been running all day.

She cannot have been the only one to have made unnecessary alternative travel arrangements.

Judging by the above posts, she could have also walked to Peckham Rye & got either the 12 or 63, which were also supposed to be affected by the strike.

Luckily I was off work today or I'd have had the same problem. However, I was forced to change my plans as I rely on the 343 to get anywhere.

Why was there no specific information on the tfl website last night, stating which buses were still operating?

Even if it was a limited service, it would have been better than nothing.

In their link (that Bic Basher was kind enough to publish), of buses still running as normal, the 343, 12 & 63 were not mentioned.

The lack of information & communication has been appalling. :'(

what annoyed me so much was that on the news they mentioned tubes and trains would be accepting bus passes for reasonable journeys but when I got to Peckham Rye they said they weren't- it was only tubes which obviously I'd use if there were any around here! I kicked up a fuss and they let me through but really, quite ridiculous in an area where we don't have tubes.

ETA: I was going two stops so seemed a reasonable journey and one I usually take on the 37 so no other choices but to walk other than the train which obviously isn't impossible but still the lack of communication was a bit of a nightmare. And what's with the TFL ebsite- it's really hard to navigate!

It fairness I understand our frustations as I sent people from Canada Water to Lewisham to get to Peckham via train only to be told you sholdn't - why quick and easy route to me.

zeban Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> what annoyed me so much was that on the news they

> mentioned tubes and trains would be accepting bus

> passes for reasonable journeys but when I got to

> Peckham Rye they said they weren't- it was only

> tubes which obviously I'd use if there were any

> around here! I kicked up a fuss and they let me

> through but really, quite ridiculous in an area

> where we don't have tubes.

>

> ETA: I was going two stops so seemed a reasonable

> journey and one I usually take on the 37 so no

> other choices but to walk other than the train

> which obviously isn't impossible but still the

> lack of communication was a bit of a nightmare.

> And what's with the TFL ebsite- it's really hard

> to navigate!