Where did you go on your honeymoon...........?

HOMum

St Lucia - 10 days. Arranged on the only Saturday morning I had in Plymouth before my ship departed on patrol until 2 weeks before wedding when I discovered the hotel I had booked earlier had been swept away in a hurricane and slipped down the hillside into the sea. It being 1988 there was no internet, 24/7 booking options and no Last Minute.com and the travel agents in Devon all shut at 13.00 on Saturdays. An interesting planning problem.

1 night at King's College Hospital, Denmark Hill... we were married on my Due Date. My labour started the next morning, baby born that evening!

Had we all the money and time, I would go back to Hawaii. I was there for a short holiday ~10 years ago. Skip the touristy stuff, find the hidden treasures.

Husband would probably choose west coast of Costa Rica, or Zanzibar, both places he's been and loved.

We have friends in Sri Lanka, which sounds great, but never been there ourselves.

I'd say any where warm and coastal sounds nice, considering the weather here this summer. There's a heatwave in Texas, very nice beaches there too. xx

Ours was late Sept/ early October - Zanzibar for a week - glorious hotel in the north then a few nights in Stone Town. Sea plane to Pemba to remote hotel with diving etc....awesome. Often people do a week safari in Tanzania then a week Zanzibar which is an option.

Italy, 10 days. Had a long weekend in Milan and then an internal flight to Sorrento. My husband booked the whole thing as a surprise. For us it was perfect, plenty of culture and things to do in Milan then a restful week in Sorrento enjoying beautiful coast and the best food and wine. Bliss!

Crete. Well it was in 1980! Didn't go to Malia.

I spent 2 days in bed sick as when we got a puncture going through the mountains, we had to wait for a local to rescue us (tools were missing from the crappy hire car). He gave us some lovely grapes from the nearby field, but I ate lots before washing them - got a load of pesticide I guess. New wife thought she'd be taking me home in a box!

We went to Vietnam for 2 weeks. Loads of culture in Hanoi, Saigon, Hue and Hoi An, lovely cruising in Halong Bay. The beaches there are lovely and you can afford so much more luxury for less. The food is lovely and cheap too. Wld highly recommend it.

Sue

The Kent marshes. On a converted Thames sailing barge. Below decks, below land, below a weeping sky. Washed out greys, browns and grey-browns. For company only the curlew and the sandpiper, the teal and the shoveler. Empty masts ghosted through raised reed beds, the only verticals in that crushed space between earth and heaven.

Inspired, we mused on the relation of the horizontal to the perpendicular. Several times.

After, I took her in my arms and said, "We'll need to get to Spar before 8:30, or we'll have no milk for the morning."