Ignoring lockdown in ED

Here's a vid of a shouty man. Hadn't realised it had become viral, spawned a single etc.

Prefer our own Dulwich Raider

Actually this is excellent - is this DR or someone associated with him/her? Love to know

ha ha - the Wealdstone Raider is infamous. He challenged Tyson Fury (and his scheduled opponent) to a scrap at a press conference promoting the fight. Does a fair bit for charity, this guy.

malumbu Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Here's a vid of a shouty man. Hadn't realised it

> had become viral, spawned a single etc.

>

>

> Prefer our own Dulwich Raider

>

>

>

> Actually this is excellent - is this DR or someone

> associated with him/her? Love to know

I have it on good authority that the Wealdstone Raider has never attended games against Dulwich Hamlet as he is too wary and afraid of what 'The Rabble' (Dulwich Hamlet fans) might do to him if he opens his gob. Insults about the latest humus flavours in M&S, potential rental income fluctuations, and taunting about the star rating of the hotel in the recent Alps skiing trip are meant to make him rather offended.

I think its time to wear masks when outside just to protect our self

and other people around use.This includes when children wearing them

on return to school. On Sunday Peckham Rye was Packed with people, how

are police meant to police people who should know better and keep safe.

I think its time to wear masks when outside just to protect our self

and other people around use.

Anything other than 'proper' PPE masks (with a tight seal around the face) will do little to protect you - although most face coverings will partially at least protect others from you should you be an asymptomless carrier. Probably you only need to be 1 metre away from someone you are just passing (in the open air) to remain reasonably safe, two metres is even better. Washing your hands thoroughly when you can if you've been out and touched anything you didn't bring with you is very important, however.

Wearing a mask is more about reassuring others than protecting yourself; it's a courtesy, particularly to those, like bus drivers who have a job to do which can expose them to risk. Social distancing (and hand washing) still seem to be the key - get those right and the R0 will continue to stay down.

Spot on . Social distancing and washing should come first.To me masks would be showing

you care for what is going on around us, the washing no one can see that only yourself.

Spray everything i get even news papers. Don't go out much when i do its mask,gloves and

spray. Im 68

Paper in Nature, already discussed elsewhere on this site, gave good evidence that face coverings were good at preventing symptomatic individuals passing it on, ie coughing, sneezing, or prone to spitting when talking as we all do from time to time. Otherwise views as above. Good rational stuff.

Here is a shout out to the 'manager/owner' of the Palmerston Pub. I walked past just a few days ago and the side entrance into Northcross road was open and he was standing in the doorway petting his ginger cat cradled in his arms and chatting to four 'locals' sitting on the benches drinking coffee from takeaway cups on the benches immediately outside. One guy asked if it was ok to sit there to which he replied 'yes you're fine, no problem', what an idiot!! If the manager would like a photo of the incident, I would be happy to oblige but for the purposes of this forum, it would infringe on his privacy.

I think it is time that pubs should open again, because if they dont soon, they never will.

Im sure there are ways they could be kept safe enough- Italy is opening their bars and restaurants next week!

Art Deco Mark Wrote:

> Here is a shout out to the 'manager/owner' of the

> Palmerston Pub. I walked past just a few days ago

> and the side entrance into Northcross road was

> open and he was standing in the doorway petting

> his ginger cat cradled in his arms and chatting to

> four 'locals' sitting on the benches drinking

> coffee from takeaway cups on the benches

> immediately outside. One guy asked if it was ok to

> sit there to which he replied 'yes you're fine, no

> problem', what an idiot!! If the manager would

> like a photo of the incident, I would be happy to

> oblige but for the purposes of this forum, it

> would infringe on his privacy.

There is a chap who appears to be the manager of the pub sat outside on the benches right now, drinking coffee out of crockery from the pub and from my eavesdropping discussing improvements to the pub interior. No doubt they read this forum, as when we called them out for charging ?25 for a roast, they promptly dropped the price by a fiver.

Penguin68 Wrote:

> although most face coverings will

> partially at least protect others from you

Isn't this exactly the point? If everyone (or at least the majority) wears one then there's a pretty big benefit.

Not ED but Nunhead, we have neighbours a few doors down, who in the summer (or anytime the weather is over 16C and sunny) have parties literally every Fri, Sat and sometimes Sunday night. Most neighbors have small children but tolerate the really loud noise despite the fact it's so regular and a nightmare with young children, because they normally finish by midnight and we all don't want to complain. However the last two weekends this has started again and the amount of people present clearly are breaching lockdown rules. I really hate being that person, but should we report?

KidKruger Wrote:

> ask all your neighbours that are affected by it,

> rather than those who are not.

Sorry to nitpick KK, but how would you know who was and wasn't affected, unless you asked them all?

Sue Wrote:

> KidKruger Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > ask all your neighbours that are affected by

> it,

> > rather than those who are not.

> Sorry to nitpick KK, but how would you know who

> was and wasn't affected, unless you asked them

> all?

"Most neighbors have small children but tolerate the really loud noise despite the fact it's so regular"

How could you possibly know the above without having an idea who at least some of them are? That's how IMO.

Anyway, the point is, having specified a set of people who are not happy but tolerating, why not go and ask those affected what course to pursue rather than strangers on the internet. (and no, I can't prove that all people on the internet are strangers to the poster).

LJC04 Wrote:

> Not ED but Nunhead, we have neighbours a few doors

> down, who in the summer (or anytime the weather is

> over 16C and sunny) have parties literally every

> Fri, Sat and sometimes Sunday night. Most

> neighbors have small children but tolerate the

> really loud noise despite the fact it's so regular

> and a nightmare with young children, because they

> normally finish by midnight and we all don't want

> to complain. However the last two weekends this

> has started again and the amount of people present

> clearly are breaching lockdown rules. I really

> hate being that person, but should we report?

You should report. Nevertheless, I have reported the same household about 20 times and police don't seem to bother...

I don't see the point of some people stopping their social life, while other selfish people don't care about the spread of the virus, keeping everybody in a long lasting lockdown.

Let's see how many more people has to die, it is very worrying...

Update- I did report, had a call back from police who told me I was one of many people to do so, they apparently visited the house the following day and gave them a warning. Fingers crossed...

LJC04 Wrote:

> Update- I did report, had a call back from police

> who told me I was one of many people to do so,

> they apparently visited the house the following

> day and gave them a warning. Fingers crossed...

Happy to hear. Good luck.