Famous People Seen in the Co-op

nowittyname

rememberwhen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Robert Glenister (Hustle) was walking past Iceland

> earlier this week.

>

> He drove off in a new BMW X5.

He lives in East Dulwich - opposite us, in fact. Came round the other day saying he'd do our windows later but could I give him twenty quid...

I always see M. Flanagan buying beer at the off license on Upland road toward Lordship Lane...The blue place but I know what you mean about the anxiety of recognizing someone and not knowing from where. I once saw a (somewhat) famous actress in a NY store and asked her if we knew each other (I was living there...I wasn't a tourist). She rolled her eyes and said, I don't think so! Later I realized who she was and have boycotted her (few) films ever since...

EastDulwichRose Wrote:

> I might have been mistaken but i'm sure i saw Brad

> Pitt and Angelina Jolie doing their weekly shop at

> the Lordship Lane Co-op the other day, they were

> in the baby section, buying nappies.

> I should have taken a picture and sold it to

> Hello! magazine.

No that was me and my wife. Easy mistake to make. We're gorgeous.

• 2 months later...

Famous people do eat and drink. They also probably prefer a bit of privacy regarding where they live.

Never really understood why people would say they have seen a famous person in a conversation. My theory is it's the closest they themselves expect to get to any fame in their boring lives.

I've seen Bla Bla.

Really? I'm so amazed. Hold on let me have a seat, tell me more. Do you mind if I forum this? Ah gee thanks

0017bond Wrote:

> Famous people do eat and drink. They also probably

> prefer a bit of privacy regarding where they live.

>

>

> Never really understood why people would say they

> have seen a famous person in a conversation. My

> theory is it's the closest they themselves expect

> to get to any fame in their boring lives.

>

> I've seen Bla Bla.

>

> Really? I'm so amazed. Hold on let me have a seat,

> tell me more. Do you mind if I forum this? Ah gee

> thanks

It's just light hearted chat so relax. No one's stalking anyone or peering through their windows so what does it matter!