New Hope and Greenwood in town

Nero

Yes I stumbled across the new Hope and Greenwood in Covent Garden last Thursday. My office is nearby so I sent lots of my colleagues there to shop for Valentines presents last week. I do hope it does well. Steady on though; does that mean H&G is a "chain"? Do we still want one in ED?

I love Hope and Greenwood, I didn't really get it until someone bought my munchkins "sweet ration books" for Christmas, now they go in each Saturday morning and choose 50 pence worth of assorted sweets and chews each in cute little trays for a treat. It is the high light of our week.

My poppets instantly behave themselves if I threaten to stop them going to H&G on a Saturday, and I am really proud that it started in Dulwich.

pearcesa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Of course we do! It's great that it's been so successful here in East Dulwich, that they can open another one for others to enjoy who can't or won't come down to East Dulwich!

As long as it doesn't start somewhere else then open a second shop in Dulwich, that just wouldn't do ;-)

It's a nice little shop, but I do feel ripped off in there. I went to Rye last year, and there are several proper traditional sweetshops there, and the prices were much much less than in H&G.

Still, they have no competition, so good luck to them.

Of course you do not even have to venture outside to get these sweets. I have used 'A Quarter of' to order traditional sweet for my office sweetie jar (bought 2kg). My work colleague remember most of the 'old' sweets so it was ideal for a bulk order. They will even supply in traditional paper bags if you specify.

It has a larger range than H&G but of course you have to pay postage.

Will still take the kids to H&G for a treats though so it will still get our patronage.

(it even does Herbal Tablets though I don't know what brand)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

> I see NC Road and Hope & Greenwood were featured

> on that 70s BBC programme with Alan Coren and Sue

> Perkins - same segment was shown on Something for

> the Weekend on Sunday morning

Also noticed Hope and Greenwood and Val's scored 5 stars apiece in the Hygiene Ratings

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

> I see NC Road and Hope & Greenwood were featured

> on that 70s BBC programme with Alan Coren and Sue

> Perkins - same segment was shown on Something for

> the Weekend on Sunday morning

Alan Coren? Is he alive again?