Grand Designs in East Dulwich

Ko

Hi Snowboarder. That was weird because my neighbour told me yesterday that he'd just been snowboarding and then he said he wanted to go along and see the eco-houses. My neighbour said it was the first time he had done snowboarding and that he loved it! I might have to try it one day.

Hi Nero

I think it will be after the last TV shoot has been done (which is tomorrow) and one house has been fully completed.

They were aiming to have one house completed by tomorrow. The TV company came around my house today looking for people to talk on camera tomorrow. I'm busy tomorrow but I'm sure some other residents will be around to give their views.

My guess is that after tomorrow is over, Talisman will post again about a good time to view. I'm looking forward to finding out about all the environmental side - it should be very interesting!

Hi Forumers - thanks for your patience, we are burning lots of midnight oil this week in a bid to getting close to presenting a finished house for the final TV shoot Weds/Thurs/Fri. "Tour" probably early to mid May when we have all had 48 hours of consecutive sleep and can talk coherently again. Bear with us. Helpful if someone could pls keep a track of numbers in case we need to arrange 2 smaller groups - think there were around 15/16 "tourists" last time I tried to count? We are pretty flexible so will be in touch with date/s asap - logging on getting difficult now as furniture is being packed up ready for imminent move. Am looking forward to living in Landells Road and being active ED Forumer. Regards: Talisman

Another latecomer!

Please, please can I come too? If there is still room? (I am a rabid Grand Designs Watcher by the way, especially now it's on the other cable channels. I must confess that I also have my moments of shouting things at the telly along the lines of 'more money than sense!!' and 'are they mad!? - but also 'WOW! Look at that!!')

spymum

(Blog: Posh Mum)

there's no ceiling on the number of people we can show around - the more the merrier really, we'll just split the group into two smaller ones if we get too many for one tour. That way there will also be a couple of date options which might be useful.

Regards: Talisman

Hello there Talisman

My wife and I live on Landells Road and have been following the development of your eco-homes with interest. Like a lot of folk, we're big Grand Design fans, and we'd love to have a guided tour when the dust settles!

Best of luck with the development and the filming!

Cheers.

Shocker-ama, EDNerd is abroad (practising talking about herself in the 3rd person), so alas, to Kev's bitter disappointment, no doubt, will not be there to welcome him in her own special way.

PS I hope I make the cut for the final programme and that my banal comments do not lead Kev to shun me.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Forum-ers, big week looming for Talisman, hope you have all booked your armchairs for 9pm on Weds. We are heading towards d-day with anxious trepidation now. Pass the big cushions! We have quickly put a website together with lots of details about the Landells Road houses, if you are interested you can visit it at www.ecoism.co.uk. Will get back to you asap re a date to show you around, we are still working on the second house so still v busy but nearly on to the final leg - the access alley and, of course, replacing the infamous blue gates. Rgds, Talisman

My congrats also - very impressive buildings. Liked the programme so much I even watch the "Trade Secrets" on More Four afterwards and the "experts" on the panel there really liked it too.

One question, why did they have an aversion to saying where the houses actually were? Was always just referred to as "South London".

Can't believe I missed all this - only joined forum yesterday, read this thread this morning and missed the show last night!!!

Does any one know when the cable channel repeats the show?

Talisman - do you know if there will be a repeat in the near future?

East Dulwich Asset