Grand Designs in East Dulwich

Ko

What lovely houses! V impressed - well done. Great use of such a compact space. PAss this on to the big developers - we all want properly built houses, not matchboxes. Does someone have a good recommendation for a local witch? I'm going to turn into a mouse so that I can come and live under Talisman's stairs (or should i say "sex on a stick").

P.S. I suspect that they say 'sth london' rather than giving away the location for 2 reasons: 1) to minimise 'property tourists' which may inconvenience neighbours, 2) to avoid complaints about pushing up prices as happens with e.g. Location Location when they feature a certain area.

I just watched the repeat and all I can say is...wow! Bill what a fantastic achievement. To be able to enjoy it knowing that you didn't compromise on what you wanted, and importantly, didn't compromise on your ethical commitment to a green building must make it all the sweeter.

Would love to take a peek if you do an open house!

Elizabeth

Evening All.

Just watched the episode and was very impressed. As an architect it is great to see excellent use of an interesting plot, unique design which had not been compromised and the determination of a developer to achieve and deliver their vision. The use of cedar in such large quantities could have been over powering but with the careful balance of the massing and the clean lines have helped soften the impact. Anyways that's enough of the design critique. Well done to all involved. It's nice to see some modernity in East Dulwich.

We saw it last night as well. Building design is fantastic.. great to live in, no doubt; though I dunno if all the occupants of the overlooking houses would agree they're just as good to 'look at'.

I keep thinking of a toy fort birthday cake made for me when I was 5 - out of Cadbury's Fingers.

It was a great show and a fantastic achievement - well done to all - although I have to say I had hoped that the words "East" and "Dulwich" would at least pass through the Kevsters lips just once.

Or preferably a separate sequence of Kevin discovering the delights of Lordship Lane for himself - staggering out of Green and Blue, queuing for organic sausages from William Rose, giving a thumbs down sign outside Iceland etc. All speeded up and set to music of course for comic effect.

Hi all,

Saw GD by chance last week and kept saying to my other half this looks like East Dulwich. Ashamed to say I haven't even noticed the goings on despite living in Heber Road...

Anyway, thought it was a fantastic show and a fantastic achievement and would love to come on the tour (me + girlfriend).

James

Brilliant houses, amazing what was fit into such an ackward space. I've spoken to at least a dozen people this week who saw it and would love to go for a tour. MAybe small nos required but would be great talisman if you would do open house later this year. Word of warning though, friends in GD house in SE15 did it last year and were swamped. Hour long queues to get in!