Summer babies club (due June, July, Aug 2013)

Congrats Claire! Dylan kept you waiting!! I'm 4 days over now so still waiting!

Good luck with your wait Nina - I've been given some lovely Olive and Moss bibs - small world to find out you're an ED bumps summer babies person too!

Huge congratulations Claire! Hope you are recovering well.

And Ginny, hope something will happen soon, cant be fun in this heat...

How are all your babies coping in the heat btw? Oscar gets really hot in the buggy so I hardly get out, need to go to lordship lane today to get his passport photo, think I might take the bus instead of walking, hoping it might be cooler...

Heat is a nightmare isn't it?! We don't get out much either as too hot in buggy. Found that cafe in Dulwich park has nice thru breeze and open fairly early. Also went to Co-op today, really cool inside, so much so that babies woke up protesting!!

Hello everyone,

Congratulations to all the new 'mums' who've had their summer babies - hope motherhood is treating you all well.

My husband and I just moved to the area 3 weeks ago and i've only just discovered the forum! I am due today and it's my first baby so feeling very excited, although there doesn't seem to be any baby arrival signs yet! I'd love to meet some other new mums and share stories and questions - look forward to hearing about any meet ups planned.

Best wishes,

Piumi x

Welcome Piumi!

Congrats on the twins BBear!!

Our daughter Amber is finally here! 8lbs3oz. 12 days late, started Mon night, after many different turns ended up with a c-section Weds morning so couldn't fully utilise the hypnobirthing unforch and couldn't try water birth as being monitored due to high BP! As they say, birth plans are just a piece of paper sometimes!! At least the end reward is worth it!!

We'll be in Kings a while as Amber is on anti-biotics as poss swallowed stuff on exit. Shout if anyone else in here so I can say hi/come visit!! Then looking fwd to when I can make the next meet up.

Ginny

Congratulations Ginny! I dont think i have met anyone whose delivery was anything like their birth plan yet! Sorry to hear you will be stuck there for a bit. Hopefully it won't be too long and you'll be home with Amber v soon. Looking forward to meeting her at a catch up soon.

Claire x

Congratulations Ginny. Our little girl, Juliet, arrived 2 days early on Monday and after three days on antibiotics for the same reason, we got home last night. Once we are all settled I would be really keen to meet up with everyone again as its been ages and I am looking forward to meeting all the new arrivals.

Philippa

Ah wonderful! Congrats Philippa!! Lovely name and competition for Amber in snaring Prince George in 20 years ;))

And a Royal Coin for you too!!

Def up for meeting and as we're walking distance could go as soon as we're up to it!

We ~may~ get out today, fingers crossed for speedy and clear cultures!!!

Ginny

Huge congratulations Ginny and Philippa!

Birth plans hey, mine did not go according to plan either...Oscar had pooed in the water so had to be induced and he was delivered 24 hours later with forceps, after a failed ventouse attempt.

Hope you get to go home today Ginny, I could not wait to get out of the post natal ward!

Looking forward to meet the new arrivals when you are ready!

Congratulations! Very pleased for everyone and am looking forward to catching up as well. Perhaps the week after next so the new mums can get settled in and then we can all meet the new additions. Not sure what everyone's plans are but how about Monday 5th or Friday 9th in the afternoon?

Awe, super news Ginny and Philippa! Definitely worth the wait Ginny : )) The lack of sleep is proving difficult for me at the minute but hopefully he'll start sleeping longer at night soon.

Great idea Sally, Monday or Friday would be good for us!

Claire X

Congrats on all the new arrivals and hope everyone is coping with the sudden sleep deprivation (have to say the heatwave hasn't really been helping sleep-wise!). Our little boy Toby arrived 3 weeks ago today but can't believe how quickly the time has flown by already!

Would love to catch up with everyone next week - Monday better for me but could possibly still do Friday...

Em x

Then let's do Monday 5th August - shall we say 11.30am? Welcome suggestions of where to meet although if there are a few of us, outdoors is probably best with all the buggies. Shall we say Peckham Rye cafe in the park and if it rains The Clockhouse? Does that work for everyone? Sally x

Hi all and congrats on new babies! I feel like the only one on this forum who has not given birth yet dd is today but no niggles just done hour of pregga yoga and some hypnobirthing. So hope to make Monday but we shall see.....

Catherine x