What is East Dulwich Listening to?

capt_birdseye

I read all the hyperbolic reviews of LCD and bought the album, and really had to wonder why the hype.

It was just a self-indulgent, substandard Daft Punk as far as I could work out.

If anyone wants a free copy I'm happy to give it away at the next meet as it's just gathering dust.

I'm listening to Bill Callahan's (smog) new one at the mo. Strangely upbeat for him, but lovely stuff nonetheless.

I noticed last night that Dead Man's Shoes kicks off with a smog track that fitted absolutely perfectly.

Agree with you there Mockney. They are so overrated. I really liked the first LCD Soundsystem album, but even that was a bit patchy but the second one starts off OK even though it totally rips off Krafwerk and Bowie, especially on the first track. I only like about three or four tracks on the new one after that it really is insipid, uninspired, ordinary and dare I it say rather boring.

Actually in all fairness capt' I'm forever badgering people to listen to it and I'm going to have to admit to myself one day that about 2 in every three give me a 'yes piers, whatever' look. Aah well, not to everyone's taste I guess.

Enjoying this andrew bird so far, nithing stand out as yet.

Metacritic clearly like it too.

http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/birdandrew/armchairapocrypha?q=andrew%20bird

Amazingly I went in to Fopp and managed NOT to spend money. However the Camden branch is giving away the double Camden Crawl CD for free, so if you're nearby I'd grab it. 38 tracks of future stars for nowt.

Mind you I'm unconvinced of Akala's claim that..

"I'm Shakespeare reincarnated, except I spit flows and strip hos naked"

Hmm, worthy of the bard himself, I'm sure.

I'm not sure where it comes from, but it seems to like parking across the street from my house and playing that tune over and over again.

I liked it a lot better when I lived on the corner of Fellbrigg and Shawbury Road. Then it would just sound as if it were passing in the distance, reminding me of the heady days of school summer holidays.

*sigh*