What is East Dulwich Listening to?

capt_birdseye

Thank you TT.

Mockney piers, it was Aphex Twin Windowlicker video, TT's right there's an awful lot of "ni**er talk" at the start, then ... well take look at the usual place, it is indescribable. But also one of my favourite videos. But there is plenty of very odd Cunningham stuff that should never go near this place.

Oh yes and I was reminded of it after the the wonderful Fur Q post

:-$ Well as I have been finishing packing up my room, pre-move for tomorrow, I have unearthed some curious rectangle mysteries from the past, I believe they were called "tapes/cassettes" with a ribbon of pre-recorded music running through them, anyways I have been delving through those today & have been listening to "Music to Watch Girls By... various artists, Thompson Twins, The Beautiful South & at the moment The Best of Matt Bianco...

Well that's me for now, methinks you are all down the pub.

Cheers GG

For some bizarre reason this is one thread I haven't paid much attention to despite music being one of my major "things"

But now I have something to disagree with Mockney about. Bellenden Belle, I too am looking forward to the Rufus album (out today I believe)

I wasn't that aware of him until Glasto 2005 where Mrs Macgabhann kept saying how much she wanted to see him. I forgot all about it (partly aided by Brendon Burns' erm.. generosity in the comedy tent) and met a friend near the jazzworld stage - we took an intoxicated wander and after all of the rain that weekend. the sun was BACK and had dried out the Other Stage to a point where it looked like Tattoine. Anyway we stumbled across Rufus near the start of his set and were both transfixed. It was one of those cases where I got home and bought the back catalogue...

And his performances on Jon Ross and Andrew Marr this weekend have been pretty darn fine

J

Give me Sufjan Stevens or Andrew Bird any day of the week. Anybody heard the new Tom Mcrae album yet. I loved the first one but they've gone increasingly wishy-washy after that. A return to form would be nice.

Rufus' new album got absolutely panned in the metro yesterday.