Highly recommend plumber John Powers

Le_37

I would also endorse John Powers. We had a broken boiler before Christmas and called several people. I then called John who gave a reasonable quote and said he could take a look that evening which he did. He was professional, reliable and skilled. I would highly recommend using John.

Once again John came to our rescue with an emergency repair of our heating system. We have young children so it was very stressful.

Our heating stopped on Saturday afternoon when it was bitterly cold.

I initially called British Gas but was advised an engineer would not come

the same day unless we also agreed to pay for a monthly home care contract at ?23/month! This was in addition to ?99 fee. I explained about the young children and dropping temperature but received no compassion. BG advised I had to sign up for the costly home care or no engineer on Sat. I reluctantly agreed feeling I had no option having been bullied to accept or not get an engineer until the next day and risk freezing temps with my family. I was advised an engineer would come between 2pm and 6pm. After the stressful call, I spoke to John who promised to come within 30 minutes. He showed up promptly and diagnosed the problem and got our heat on. After he left, BG called and said the engineer could not come until after 6pm. Needless to say, I rang and cancelled the appointment and home care.

I highly recommend John and highly recommend avoiding British Gas!

I would also like to sing John's praises. A tenant of mine had a leaking pipe which was discovered with a couple of cm of water over the floor. She went on line and by chance found John. Over the phone he helped her find the stopcock and turn off the water supply to the house. About 30 mins later he was at the house fixing the problem. This is how a company should be run. Thank you John.

Another glowing recommendation for John! Our boiler started making horrific noises early on Friday morning, I found the above recommendations and gave John a ring, he was due to come out at 1pm due to other appointments but he managed to come at 11am instead, he had a replacement pump with him ready to sort the boiler there and then and I was back in work for the afternoon (not sure if that's good or bad!). He was quick, extremely helpful and turned what could have been an absolute nightmare into a very painless experience.

I highly recommend John.

I too would highly recommend John. His work has been first class, he is totally reliable, clear about the work he intends to undertake and was contactable after the job when I had a query.

He repaired our Vailant boiler which had stopped working. Additionally he installed a Magnaclean device which has protected our boiler from further damage.

I would not hesitate to use John again.

• 4 weeks later...

Highly recommend John Powers excellent communication and prompt response to initial enquiry. Diagnosed issues with boiler, explained in detail what the problem was, and what is required to fix. Resolved problem!

Professional, reliable, knowledgable snd genuine - would not hesitate to use again in future.