ED road Race? (Lounged)

evelknievel

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Now there IS an event I enjoy.

> It must be getting on for Chap 2008 shurely?

>

> Hurrah

> http://golondon.about.com/od/julyannualevents/fr/c

> hapolympics.htm

This years event is a bit different MP.

A date has been set for the fifth annual Chap Olympiad: Saturday 12th July. This year's Olympiad will feature a few changes to previous Olympiads. First of all, no tickets will be required and entry will be gratis.

The 2008 Olympiad will be held at a secret location, which guests will be able to deduce only by collecting seven tokens from named Chappish retail outlets in the London area. The clues revealed in each token will add up to a precise description of the co-ordinates of our Field of Champions for this year. Cracking the co-ordinates will put Chaps' and Chapettes' orientation skills to the test, and will effectively constitute the first Olympic event of the tournament, for which the prize is a corking day out with like-minded souls.

The Chap Olympiad 2008. 1-6pm, Saturday 12th July. Tokens will be available from Thursday 12th June until the day of the Olympiad. Please visit this page on or after 12th June to find out where to acquire them.

It all reminds me of the old joke:

A Texan walks into a pub in Ireland and clears his voice to the crowd of drinkers. He says, ?I hear you Irish are a bunch of hard drinkers. I?ll give $500 American dollars to anybody in here who can drink 10 pints of Guinness back-to-back.? The room is quiet and no one takes up the Texan?s offer.

One man even leaves. Thirty minutes later the same gentleman who left shows back up and taps the Texan on the shoulder. ?Is your bet still good??, asks the Irishman.

The Texan says yes and asks the bartender to line up 10 pints of Guinness. Immediately the Irishman tears into all 10 of the pint glasses drinking them all back-to-back.

The other pub patrons cheer as the Texan sits in amazement. The Texan gives the Irishman the $500 and says, ?If ya don?t mind me askin?, where did you go for that 30 minutes you were gone??.

The Irishman replies, ?Oh?I had to go to the pub down the street to see if I could do it first?.

Suffice to say I shall not be doing a trial run that morning, or any other morning!

Attention Runners and Riders

The time is nearly upon us for the sporting event of the year, Olympics - pah, we don' neeeed your steeenkeen Olympics. The Barry Barry Road Race! (add fan fair as required)

So here's the low down, the nitty gritty, the durty details. Its very simple -

Meeting Point - The Plough

Start time - Gun goes off at 1300 GMT, however it is essential that you are there earlier in order to organise your beverages, 1230 should cover it.

Finish time - Up to you, your fitness and your drinking capabilities. If you've not reached the Clockhouse by 1730, we'll see you in Bar Story. If we don't see you in Bar Story we'll inform the President, however search parties will not be deployed. If you think you are likely to get lost, keel over, get run down or kidnapped, best organise a buddy to keep an eye out for you. Good luck finding someone within this fierce competitive arena.

Dress Code - Whatever you want. I'll be wearing crocodile clips on my nipples, but that's nothing to do with the Race

The Prize - The Barry Barry Road Race Bear from Berlin, courtesy of The Bald Eagle (with the orthopaedic shoe)

And that's it folks, couldn't be simpler but I'm confident we'll manage to make it difficult.

Support staff are required to organise the drinks at the Clock house end. Those who aren't running but attending can you please make yourself know to me either by email or on the day. We need your help...

So, if you haven't started training now, don't bother, its too late, just dig out your running shoes and your drinking pants cos the Race......is on (again add fanfair where required)

Kind Regards and Good Luck

SB