Local Characters - guy with hat

He's probably already been mentioned with another 'name', but I refer to him as 'faggot boy man' (read why). He was in front of me using the cashpoint by the Co-op pharmacy. I had my headphones on and was in a world of my own. It was clear the cashpoint wasn't working for him and he put his card in two or three times. Once he gave up, he turned around and shouted "alright faggot booooyyy?!" really loud at me. Before I worked out what just happened, he was about 50m down the road on his bike. I'm baffled.

I've also seen him outside the police station making siren noises in reply to real sirens during an open day for kids.

Hey faggot boy!

Only joking BR, but I think I may have encountered the same gentleman. I was walking from goose green swings about a fortnight ago with my 3yr old son and a chap went past us on a bike and said quite loudly "you dirty little pervert". I didn't want to get "bladed" and I restrained my son who was tempted to give him a good kicking with his crocs...so I let it pass.But I too was baffled like you...but sticks and stones and all that.

All good wishes

JM

I know this guy as "Prince Charles Man": I first met him on a P13, Prince Charles Man was welcoming everyone onto the bus as though it were his: "Hello, welcome, come on to my bus, have a seat." People getting off the bus, by contrast, would be shouted at: "Get the f*** off my bus!! Go on, get off, you can't stay on my bus!" He clearly decided that I looked like a trustworthy type, because after a while he sat opposite me and admitted that it wasn't really his bus, but people still listened to him because he was "a big black b*stard". He then explained that the bus actually belonged to Prince Charles, and went off on a lengthy monologue about the relative merits of Diana and Camilla, and the parentage of Prince Harry.

Since then every time I see him, the subject of Prince Charles seems to come up.

What about the "dapper bums".

They're often to be seen enjoying a carrier bag full of super strength something at the top of Landells Road of a morning. They are always smartly dressed and very polite. The older man has grey hair (and occasionally a t-shirt from a West End show). His compadre is a bit more Friar Tuck - ruddy of face and wide of girth.

I've seen them sometimes in the charity shops presumably restocking their wardrobes.

bawdy-nan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What about the "dapper bums".

>

> They're often to be seen enjoying a carrier bag

> full of super strength something at the top of

> Landells Road of a morning. They are always

> smartly dressed and very polite. The older man has

> grey hair (and occasionally a t-shirt from a West

> End show). His compadre is a bit more Friar Tuck -

> ruddy of face and wide of girth.

>

The fellow with grey hair often greets me of a morning. He is indeed very polite, and always stands aside for me to pass.

• 8 months later...

I'm responding to an old thread regarding the White Woman. In the 90's I was the Parcelforce guy for Camberwell, and regularly delivered to the Maudsley Hospital. She was we'll known there, and had (from memory) been the victim of a racial attack or possibly rape. She is a black lady, and after the ordel suffered a severe mental disorder and took to wearing white. I first glanced her briefly in Denmark Hill and thought nothing more of it, then one morning I actually delivered a parcel to her flat. Put bluntly, she scared the sh*t out of me; white bandages wraped arount her torso, what looked like EMULSION paint on her face and hair, white knickers over the bandages, a Madonna stlye white pointed bra and, to top it all, a white tail draping along behind her! Her piercing red eyes done it for me, a sight I shall never forget! Her flat had white paint smothered on all the windows (both front and back), and apparently everything in the flat was painted white also.

Further threads here say she's cured and living a now normal life, and I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else knows of her now, or if anyone had a similarly surreal experience.

No love for "Mouse man"? He's about 50 I suppose, wears one of them tweed jackets and is often seen walking around Camberwell with at least 2 mice sitting on his shoulder, in his top pocket and sometimes on his head! The mice really seem to love him and I've seen them nibbling on his ear and they sometimes appear to be sleeping on his shoulder..

• 3 weeks later...
Im always seeing a woman who is always dressed in a vivid pink coat. she has a cleopatra type hairdo and she talks very loud and seems to cajole the poor man who accompanies her. I've seen her down North x road and LL at lunchtimes. Seems very friendly and always saying a cheery "Hello" to everyone. However she likes to use the 'F' word a lot. anybody know who she is? I feel sorry for the poor fella who's with her. usually has a haunted look on his face.

There's another couple of local celebs; two women, short stocky could be sisters who usually get about down LL. One wears her hood up and wearing large earphones. They are the shouty "Who the f*** are you looking at?" type. Ive stared danger in the eye many a time and tweaked the nose of peril, but i would not like to meet these two on a dark night. Or a light night for that matter. Anybody know who they could be?