Whistling Man

this muppet lives behind the police stn on landcroft rd. im sure its him your refering to............ hes the only whistler i know in the area!

he is very rude & can be quite intimidating, always got a can in his hand!!!!

i must say he i did find him to be rather intimidating at one point, but now im brave enough to look straight at him, & guess what? he looks away!!!!! funny enough, he lives across the road from me, everyone knows him, even the local police!!!

get him out!!!!!

its not his whistling, its the way he intimidates people!! & yes he sure does!

i have been on the recieving end of it & i can assure you me & my female friend weren't impressed, & it was late one evening whilst we were waiting for a bus, (outside the new gym on lordship lane).

i'll tell you what though, he doesn't do it to me anymore, quite simply because he knows my boyfriend who has put him in his place, funny enough that happened well before i met him!!!!!!!

he now says hello to my boyfriend everytime he sees him, only because he knows he cant intimidate him!

I think things could be a lot worse than a whistling man. He often pops into my office on LL and has a chat.

I, personally, think he is harmless. I would be more scared to stumble across the Whately Road characters...

Whistling Man is called Dean I think. Just say "Alright Dean" and he is ok. I don't think anyone can say he is violent unless they have good reason.

Anyway - as of 6.50pm tonight he is currently standing by the Rye Hotel in a camo hoodie and a white baseball cap looking pretty sharp. He has his earphones in, is digging the beat and just gave the thumbs up to a bus driver.

Until he beats me up, I like him. A lot.

seanmlow Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think things could be a lot worse than a

> whistling man. He often pops into my office on LL

> and has a chat.

>

> I, personally, think he is harmless. I would be

> more scared to stumble across the Whately Road

> characters...

you seem to be a bit contradictory between this thread and the whately road one in which you say how your sister is too scared to walk down the road due to their shouting and anti social behaviour, meanwhile you rubbish sweetgirl's feeling of intimidation from the whistling man because you've shared a cuppa and he was ok then.

I can't be sure but think I've encountered whistling man causing trouble in Gold Lee before complaining about the prawn crackers - he was incredibly agressive and threatening towards the owner and called the police himself (stating the prawn crackers had been too hard) who thankfully came quickly and calmed him, moving him on.

You seem to be incredibly protective of your sister - at least respect similar feelings others may have too.

I can see that the whistling and unpredicatable behaviour can feel annoying and threatening and the leery shouting of the people being singled out in Whately Road likewise.

I have sympathy with the people who feel diretcly threatened by the proximity of unruly behaviour I can see that having to avoid stretches of your own road for fear of abuse would be very stressful.

I'm interested and a little disturbed by the vehemence of some people's reactions to these people.

I've come across the residents of WR once or twice on the bus and they are loud and, it seemed to me, not particularly well equipped to negotiate their way through the world.

The clubbing together to set clear distinctions between "us" and "them" on this forum isn't suprising, I suppose. People are frightened by the idea that they might slip out of their lives and into the underclass through illness or ill-luck, but I find the shrill assertions against the anti-social behaviour of these outsiders a bit much.

Anti-social behaviour isn't the preserve of misfits and the mentally disturbed as this weekends middle-class twatfest on the tube indicated. I wonder if a horde of mad asbo wielding benefits claimants had swarmed onto the circle line with cans of special brew there might have been more of an outcry.

bawdy-nan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I can see that the whistling and unpredicatable

> behaviour can feel annoying and threatening and

> the leery shouting of the people being singled out

> in Whately Road likewise.

>

> I have sympathy with the people who feel diretcly

> threatened by the proximity of unruly behaviour I

> can see that having to avoid stretches of your own

> road for fear of abuse would be very stressful.

>

> I'm interested and a little disturbed by the

> vehemence of some people's reactions to these

> people.

>

> I've come across the residents of WR once or twice

> on the bus and they are loud and, it seemed to me,

> not particularly well equipped to negotiate their

> way through the world.

>

But you only see them sometimes. If it happens every day and close to home you

tend to find the fear and anger ratchets up until you will become permanently

on edge - waiting for the next disturbance.

I'm not at that stage yet but the whistler loves to stand just outside - I'm tempted

to throw pistachio nuts at him from the 4th floor.

he is annoying to many of us. apparently, he was off road for a few months recently because somebody in peckham had been severely violent towards him! he was in hospital for a couple of months, was serious he could have died!!! he should've learnt from that............

its not as it goes - I have been known to be bawdy though I am not, as yet, a nan

I don't think people should "learn a lesson" from being attacked on the street. People with mental health problems are very likely to be physically attacked - sometimes because they are "annoying".

I find this situation horrific and I am very shocked by sweet girl's attitude.